Good deals on winches?

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I ended up with the Smittybuilt Gen 2 H20 10K Synthetic for $540. No shipping since 4 wheel parts is about 10 miles from my house. It should cover my needs
I can't even imagine what it must be like to walk into a store and get what you want right then and there all the time. That sounds pretty wild lol.
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
4wheelparts has good incentives,
"Lowest Price! Guaranteed!

We Pay The Sales Tax On Warn

5% Off Select Warn Products - Limited Time Only!"

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
You could add a front hitch receiver and a hitch winch mount... it's what I'm thinking of using to have a non-permanent winch AND you'd have front and rear winching!

I've seen this less than $150 - https://www.curtmfg.com/part/31086 and tons of options on hitch winch mounts, from super cheap to $$$, that could end up cheaper than the winch plate above ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I ordered that one. On paper it's a better deal than the Smittybilt or HF winches. It looks like it's a new winch line from them since they got bought out. I'm willing to give it a try for 200+ less than the Warn. It's also on sale on Amazon today for 645 with free shipping which is a big deal to us AK/HI guys.
Grabbed one as well, in addition to Motobilt’s hammer bumper w/ skid. They are running a 30% off special. All in <$1,500 for a quality bumper and winch is pretty solid.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I can't even imagine what it must be like to walk into a store and get what you want right then and there all the time. That sounds pretty wild lol.
Well, I couldn't just walk in and get it unfortunately but it will be at the store for me to pick up on Monday. I was going to see if they would install it but they wanted $400 and I got someone else who will do it for a lot less..

Az Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
I have had several Warns over the years with never a problem. I went top shelf on everything for my 2010 JK. I did the winch last and cheated out with the HF. Second time I used it the wiring took a dump. The only way I could use it was to manually switch the wires around. I have a Smitty Built air compressor and it is great, I might go that way with my Gladiator. I still think it is criminal that you have to pay extra for a winch plate on the Mopar steel bumper.

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have had several Warns over the years with never a problem. I went top shelf on everything for my 2010 JK. I did the winch last and cheated out with the HF. Second time I used it the wiring took a dump. The only way I could use it was to manually switch the wires around. I have a Smitty Built air compressor and it is great, I might go that way with my Gladiator. I still think it is criminal that you have to pay extra for a winch plate on the Mopar steel bumper.
My Smitty built is being installed tomorrow. Along with skid plate since they will have the bumper off.

Az Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
My Smitty built is being installed tomorrow. Along with skid plate since they will have the bumper off.
That sounds great. Let us know how it works out. Like I said I have had good luck with Smitty Built. My winches have been used helping others mostly. It’s one of those things that you don’t need very often but when you need it is great to have. I was lucky and had a friend take me out and he spent a day teaching me how to use it. When you are stuck on a mountain that isn’t the time to figure out how it works.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That sounds great. Let us know how it works out. Like I said I have had good luck with Smitty Built. My winches have been used helping others mostly. It’s one of those things that you don’t need very often but when you need it is great to have. I was lucky and had a friend take me out and he spent a day teaching me how to use it. When you are stuck on a mountain that isn’t the time to figure out how it works.
I will have to learn the ropes of using one but I figured this weekend I can use it for a little project at my house in removing an old dead tree. The winch should make it easier. Wish I would have had it some months ago would have come in handy to help get someone out who was stuck but unfortunately no one had one. I figure it will only get limited use but like you say better to have it than not have it. The Bumper had a big hole in the front so this will fill that up.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The salesperson at 4 Wheel parts said they sold a number of winches once they went on black Friday sale. I got the Smittybuilt Gen 2 Comp Synthetic 10K out the door for $534 with the discount and use of a $50 Visa gift card I had (Pretty much took care of the taxes). So I am good with that. I am still debating if I want to pick up the protection plan they offer for $60.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
The salesperson at 4 Wheel parts said they sold a number of winches once they went on black Friday sale. I got the Smittybuilt Gen 2 Comp Synthetic 10K out the door for $534 with the discount and use of a $50 Visa gift card I had (Pretty much took care of the taxes). So I am good with that. I am still debating if I want to pick up the protection plan they offer for $60.
I picked up the plan when I got my winch… anything goes wrong… over the counter swap. Break a remote or even a winch line… over the counter swap. All you do is pay for another warranty and your covered again for 3 years. The 4wp near me is cool too so if I break my smittybuilt and want a warn instead… pay the price difference and buy warranty… and I’ll be good to go.

Reactions: BAT

Sponsored

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
15% off SuperWinch @ Morris. The 10000SR is very nice, synthetic rope with spool lighting, wired & wireless remote, made here etc. all for under $600 shipped with the 15% off plus $30 off for email signup.

https://www.morris4x4center.com/superwinch-superwinch-sx-10000sr-winch.html
Do you know if that $30 off will stack with the discounted price?

I submitted my email and have been waiting for the coupon. If it doesnt stack, if just as well order it now.

That being said, liftkits4less had a sale and it was $571 last night. This morning, back to full price.

Update: just ordered it for $600 OTD from liftkits4less. First time ordering from them.

Last edited:

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will have to learn the ropes of using one but I figured this weekend I can use it for a little project at my house in removing an old dead tree. The winch should make it easier. Wish I would have had it some months ago would have come in handy to help get someone out who was stuck but unfortunately no one had one. I figure it will only get limited use but like you say better to have it than not have it. The Bumper had a big hole in the front so this will fill that up.
Well its installed and hooked up. I need to Pretension the rope this weekend as soon as I find someplace where I can perform that task.

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Got mine in yesterday. Got it mounted and it started snowing hard on me. Garage is full of flooring right now so I didn't get it inside to warm the plastic grill up before I go pulling it apart to finish wiring it. Impressions were it's a sturdy unit, has a good finish on it, has enough wiring to reach the battery etc. My one gripe when installing it is SuperWinch needs to integrate the nut for bolting it down into the feet of the unit. Keeping all the little nuts in their holes took dismounting the thing a few times and using my gasket pick set to reset them every time I had to wiggle it. That said I'll hopefully have my garage back this weekend and I'll finish the wiring and go test it out.

20211130_163919.jpg

20211130_133141.jpg

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Got mine in yesterday. Got it mounted and it started snowing hard on me. Garage is full of flooring right now so I didn't get it inside to warm the plastic grill up before I go pulling it apart to finish wiring it. Impressions were it's a sturdy unit, has a good finish on it, has enough wiring to reach the battery etc. My one gripe when installing it is SuperWinch needs to integrate the nut for bolting it down into the feet of the unit. Keeping all the little nuts in their holes took dismounting the thing a few times and using my gasket pick set to reset them every time I had to wiggle it. That said I'll hopefully have my garage back this weekend and I'll finish the wiring and go test it out.
I think most winch have the square nuts the same way. Usually a little tape will keep them in place.
I just watched a video on clocking the handle. I might clock mine to the rear and relocate the controller since I'm planning on using the wireless remote.

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I think most winch have the square nuts the same way. Usually a little tape will keep them in place.
I just watched a video on clocking the handle. I might clock mine to the rear and relocate the controller since I'm planning on using the wireless remote.
My last Warn Zeon had the threads cast into the feet was pretty nice. It makes sense on a budget winch to not I suppose but it sure would be nice. I didn't realize you could clock the handle that would be good to keep it better protected from debris and weather.
Sponsored