Sponsored

Good JT 2.5" lift for 35's and shock setup for a JT overland?

Pdog3232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator overland (black)
Occupation
none
I have talked to some shops but have not been fully satisfied. I was wondering if I could get some suggestions on a good (road use only) 2.5" lift kit, shocks, and any other necessary part to have a good ride that lasts a while. (I don't want to mess with any re-gearing so going with 35's on Dana 44's and 3.73 gears).
Sponsored

coastiej171

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Just from a personal experience POV. I have the Mopar 2” lift with 35’s on a 21 JT sport. Installed with synergy front track bar. Great lift, easy install if you do it yourself…. Only small issue I have is that over time,l the front springs settle and get that front “rake” look. Eventually would like to upgrade to synergy control arms and evo 2.5 springs with overland drop brackets.

Jeep Gladiator Good JT 2.5" lift for 35's and shock setup for a JT overland? 23E092E5-0FB9-4843-845E-E330A5030603
Jeep Gladiator Good JT 2.5" lift for 35's and shock setup for a JT overland? 4D8C00A4-7A57-40C9-8276-BEC6C348234D

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
I have the Clayton 2.5” overland plus kit with fox 2.0 shocks and love it. I don’t have experience with anything other than stock suspension and the Clayton lift with RPM steering gear so I can’t say how it compares to any other lift but what I can say is that I’m very happy with what I have and if I had to do it over again this is what I would do. The on-road ride is an amazing upgrade over stock and it works just as well off road should you go there in the future.

badger719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
If you're mostly going to be on pavement, the Clayton 2.5 inch ride right kit with the Bilstein 5100 shocks is probably what you're looking for.

Readyt

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rimtyme.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Franchise Business Consultant
I did a Mopar 2" lift, 35 inch Nittos on an Overland and was able to run 6 Badge of Honor Trails with one of them being a 2000 mile plus trip and it handled the trails well, and rode great. Plus because it was a Mopar Lift, I didn't void my Warranty!

Jeep Gladiator Good JT 2.5" lift for 35's and shock setup for a JT overland? Big Bend Trip 11-16-22 (58).JPG

Jeep Gladiator Good JT 2.5" lift for 35's and shock setup for a JT overland? GROOT 6-13-22 (10).JPG

Sponsored

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I have been happy with the ride quality of the Mopar lift. I have the Mopar steel bumper with winch and the front is about one inch lower. The lift has been on over one year with about 12k miles on it.

9C4B1E8B-F38E-4471-976F-A8BDECE2CD7B.jpeg

5FEF8623-CE6C-49CB-9FF9-6349F375600D.jpeg

svc707

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your goal is to load up the rear with gear. Running the rsi cap, rack, awning, water tank, gear in bed….. you’ll want to piece your kit together. Go through my post of spacers and now running Clayton front springs, dobinson rear 600# springs, teraflex forged ST rear sway bar and falcon 3.3.

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Take your pick ... there are a ton of good options. I would only advise at a minimum to also include adjustable front/rear track bars and front lower / rear upper control arms so you can adjust camber and pinion angles.

Jclayc

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
Heads up if you don’t regear, I had 35’s on mine for two weeks, mostly highway driving, went straight back to 33’s b/c I hardly saw 7th and 8th

Sponsored

PackMule

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SingGray JTRD, 2012 Dozer JK, 2014 GC
Occupation
InfoTech Retired
You say your are doing pretty much strictly on-road, but you don't mention your plans on what weight you will be loading normally.

If you are not carrying much gear, and just wanting to get a little lift to "clear" 35's ... (which by the way I ran 35's with no lift, no problem)... then the Mopar lift might be fine.

If you are planning to load the truck down, then take the advice above in piecing together what you are going to do, and targeting that build.

I run the Clayton 2.5", with 37's, with a SmartCap, and tow a 19' travel trailer... and run Moderate Moab trails.

@Clayton now has a pretty wide selection of spring height and loads.. from 1.5" "Leveling" front springs, to Diesel specific spring rates for the front on 2.5 & 3.5", and now HD springs for the rears. If you talk with them directly they will dial in specifically what you need. Very good customer support.

OP
OP

Pdog3232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
none
I have the Clayton 2.5” overland plus kit with fox 2.0 shocks and love it. I don’t have experience with anything other than stock suspension and the Clayton lift with RPM steering gear so I can’t say how it compares to any other lift but what I can say is that I’m very happy with what I have and if I had to do it over again this is what I would do. The on-road ride is an amazing upgrade over stock and it works just as well off road should you go there in the future.
Thank you so much for responding! I currently have Fox 2.0 shocks with stock suspension. I don’t know much about them but was told they wouldn’t work with a 2.5” lift. Do you have shock extenders if so what kind and do you like them? Thanks again!

OP
OP

Pdog3232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
none
Heads up if you don’t regear, I had 35’s on mine for two weeks, mostly highway driving, went straight back to 33’s b/c I hardly saw 7th and 8th
Do you carry and heavy gear and how much (if you know) did you rim and tire combo weigh? Also do you know your gear ratio.

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
Thank you so much for responding! I currently have Fox 2.0 shocks with stock suspension. I don’t know much about them but was told they wouldn’t work with a 2.5” lift. Do you have shock extenders if so what kind and do you like them? Thanks again!
Whoever gave you that advice likely meant those specific shocks would not work because of the length. I’m sure there is good advice on this forum somewhere (can’t take the time to search at the moment) but the quick answer is that as you raise the Jeep, you need to account for that height by making different suspension and steering adjustments. The higher you raise it, the more complex it gets but 2 to 2.5” isn’t too crazy. You can still use Fox 2.0 shocks, you will just need longer ones to match the additional height of your lift.

OP
OP

Pdog3232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
none
You say your are doing pretty much strictly on-road, but you don't mention your plans on what weight you will be loading normally.

If you are not carrying much gear, and just wanting to get a little lift to "clear" 35's ... (which by the way I ran 35's with no lift, no problem)... then the Mopar lift might be fine.

If you are planning to load the truck down, then take the advice above in piecing together what you are going to do, and targeting that build.

I run the Clayton 2.5", with 37's, with a SmartCap, and tow a 19' travel trailer... and run Moderate Moab trails.

@Clayton now has a pretty wide selection of spring height and loads.. from 1.5" "Leveling" front springs, to Diesel specific spring rates for the front on 2.5 & 3.5", and now HD springs for the rears. If you talk with them directly they will dial in specifically what you need. Very good customer support.
Thank you for your input! Do you know what gearing your running with 37s i want them but don’t really want to deal with regearing. At most i will have 300 pounds in the bed.
Sponsored