First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4,,, '14 Wrangler JKUR
Occupation
Done with it
They write the rules of the warranty so they can get out of it.
Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought the GG had its own warranty...?

Found it

MOPAR WINDSHIELD MADE WITH CORNING GORILLA GLASS WARRANTY
Mopar Windshield Made with Corning Gorilla Glass has a 2-year limited (from date of install), unlimited-mile warranty, which provides for labor and parts needed to repair or replace your windshield under certain conditions.
Mopar warrants your windshield from damage associated with road debris such as pebbles or other small objects which may cause initial damage larger than a US quarter (1 inch/25mm) and less than 3 inches/7.6 cm. Larger instances or smaller blemishes, along with the subsequent cracking that may be caused by not repairing them, are not covered by this warranty.
Dealer requires proof of purchase and windshield will only be repaired or replaced under the warranty once within the warrantable period.

Download Warranty
That warranty is for a REPLACEMENT warranty purchased as a Mopar (accessories and parts) item.

If you look at the context of where you found that, its on a MOPAR accessory website.

There is no mention of any road hazard warranty that comes with new vehicles.

With that said, a knowledgeable person can feel for a chip, even a small one, along the crack. If there is a chip, then that is what caused the crack.

If there is none, then it was most likely a stress fracture. The fact that yours looks to have originated at the edge makes it look like stresses inside the glass did this or stresses were introduced when it was installed.

ShirtlessCubsFan

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GLI, 2020 Mercedes GLB, 2022 Mojave
Occupation
Systems Engineer
That warranty is for a REPLACEMENT warranty purchased as a Mopar (accessories and parts) item.

If you look at the context of where you found that, its on a MOPAR accessory website.

With that said, a knowledgeable person can feel for a chip, even a small one, along the crack. If there is a chip, then that is what caused the crack.

If there is none, then it was most likely a stress fracture. The fact that yours looks to have originated at the edge makes it look like stresses inside the glass did this or stresses were introduced when it was installed.
Nope, this is included with the windshield with factory builds. All of these factory built add-ons are considered accessories. I went through the same thing. My windshield was cracked due to road debris. It was covered 100% by warranty.

I suggest the OP to argue his denial.

HighNoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Without going into a long post I am not a glass expert but do have construction experience with cracked glass. I believe that tempered glass when exposed to extreme hot/cold changes cracks. I have seen this happen. You said there was no one in front when this happened. I think possibly if the defroster was hot and the windshield was cold and possibly in a bind somehow this is the result. I would really push defective windshield.

HighNoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Google gorilla glass defects and there are problems with turning on the heat/defrost. Some results are on this forum. I would also take it to a windshield shop to get a second opinion. I hate having to fight warranty problems.

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope, this is included with the windshield with factory builds. All of these factory built add-ons are considered accessories. I went through the same thing. My windshield was cracked due to road debris. It was covered 100% by warranty.

I suggest the OP to argue his denial.
Show me a single piece of documentation that describes a GG as OEM having a warranty. It doesn't exist.

Its great that you could get it covered though.

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT

My wife has a similar crack on her van. Ran a ball point pen along it and right by the edge at the seal was a tiny divot. hahaha. The crack ran both ways making it look like it started at the edge.

Good luck OP. Maybe you try out the HGP glass next time around

ShirtlessCubsFan

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GLI, 2020 Mercedes GLB, 2022 Mojave
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Show me a single piece of documentation that describes a GG as OEM having a warranty. It doesn't exist.

Its great that you could get it covered though.
It's in the documentation that you quoted above. Mopar Parts and Accessories Warranty.

I'd have to dig for it but somewhere I have a paper or pamphlet that came with my Jeep that also references this warranty.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's in the documentation that you quoted above. Mopar Parts and Accessories Warranty.

I'd have to dig for it but somewhere I have a paper or pamphlet that came with my Jeep that also references this warranty.
Mopar parts and accessories. . . . . .

ajstx09

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail
I had a factory ordered JT with GG and less than a month of owenership I had a rock chip. Dealer replaced it free of charge under the mopar warranty for factory installed accessories, i had to provide my invoice for the JT.
Less than a month of having it replaced with a new GG windshield, another rock chip, this time way bigger than the first one. The GG warranty is a one time replacement. So this time I had to go with my insurance to have it replaced.
On my third GG windshield, i also added a glass protector from targe industries that uses clear plex. Highly recommend.
https://www.grab-gard.com/

Wilsonb80

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland Gator.
Occupation
Cable Dog / Network weeny
https://www.grab-gard.com/ Heads up to any Military or Veterans they offer a discount code. Have to reach out to them I also mentioned the form to see if the come visit..
I’ll be order one for my windshield to put on once I replace the currently 3rd cracked one..
Sponsored