First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Air Force
Has anyone gotten the gorilla glass installed at the dealership or other shop? does anyone have an idea of the going price?
had a chip and the incompetent safelite dumbass made it worse, and they're saying its not their problem. The day after the repair the resin fell out and the crack spread

before it was about 3/4 of an inch total, after now it is past the size of a dollar.

before and after the safelite mobile technician touched my gladiator l.

Jeep Gladiator Gorilla Glass pricing? 20211020_124652

Jeep Gladiator Gorilla Glass pricing? 20211027_182716
Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought this thread was going to be a complaint about GG going from $95 to $195 in the last month.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I thought this thread was going to be a complaint about GG going from $95 to $195 in the last month.

HUH?

The top pic is a crack bad enough no tech around here would touch it. I'm surprised they did. When there's an actual crack radiating out like that, at least the local folks here, won't touch it.
IMO, the pic on the top showing the original crack - I'd have personally considered it "gone".

Wyofuy069

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jt Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Use a windshield repair kit. I had a 9 inch crack that I stopped from running. About half of the crack disappeared, but it has not grown in over 2 weeks. I believe mine was Rain-x. Plus Safelite wants almost $100 for chip repairs now.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Has anyone gotten the gorilla glass installed at the dealership or other shop? does anyone have an idea of the going price?
had a chip and the incompetent safelite dumbass made it worse, and they're saying its not their problem. The day after the repair the resin fell out and the crack spread

before it was about 3/4 of an inch total, after now it is past the size of a dollar.

before and after the safelite mobile technician touched my gladiator l.

Get full glass coverage. Otherwise they should fix the issue if it was a bad install.

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many car insurance policies has full glass with no bump in rates.

Call your agent to check.

The crack is now big enough to warrant a replacement.
If you had GG then they should replace it with GG.

If you didn't, you can probably pay the upcharge yourself.

In MA where our cars are registered, the state requires Ins Cos to provide unlimited zero deductible, "free" glass replacement with no bump in rates. So now that I'm thinking abut it I probably shouldn't have paid 190 for Gorilla glass on my order. Ha. Oh well.

Last edited:

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
I have heard some people successfully getting the GG upgrade when going through their insurance. YRMV

R0BSTR0SITY

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
HVAC-R
I have heard some people successfully getting the GG upgrade when going through their insurance. YRMV
I recently was successful at replacing my cracked factory windshield with the Jeep/Gorilla Glass for no extra charge to me, just paid the $100 comprehensive to my insurance.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
YRMV. My insurance, USAA, uses Safelite and they wouldn't order the GG windshield.

Sponsored

OP
OP

friskeljr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Air Force
where
I recently was successful at replacing my cracked factory windshield with the Jeep/Gorilla Glass for no extra charge to me, just paid the $100 comprehensive to my insurance.
where did you get this done, a shop, dealership?
i called two places here and they havent heard of gorilla glass. and the safelite people arent responding to emails or phone calls so i dont know about then yet

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
Safelite would’ve done it for me, but the tech pointed out that when gg breaks the pieces are more fractal, like a traditional window pane breaking. Not like when a tempered windshield crumbles into manageable and pretty harmless pieces.

That was a good point, IMO, and something I don’t wanna deal with. I went OEM

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
I was able to get my insurance to pay for the Gorilla Glass. I specified that I wanted OE glass and I gave the glass shop the mopar GG part number and that's what they did. It was not safelite (they did the first two with normal oe glass) I was on my 3rd windshield in 11,000 miles. Now I'm at 27,000 miles and the GG is doing great! Ive had several impacts that I know would have broken the stock windshield.
Sponsored