Gupton Motors up to 8% below invoice

sunrise089

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Ed
This truck is basically the exact configuration I would’ve ordered from the factory with the bonus of being a color I wanted but that you can’t even order anymore. Even the wheels and tires were something I would’ve chosen after the fact but now dont have to spring for in addition. It was used but in absolutely pristine condition with only 8k miles. Not a mark above, below or inside.
Gator Rubicon looks amazing, love it!

Daniel is certainly not on vacation, at least in terms of not having email access. I think he's getting a lot of emails and is triaging them somewhat. I'll just tell my own experience - when the credible reports of Gecko being orderable emerged last week I wrote him immediately check ask him to confirm and I didn't hear back at all the next day. Once I got confirmation from a different dealer that Gecko really was orderable I wrote Daniel back and said basically "nevermind on my previous query, I'm ready to order today, here's my order details." From that point he responded super promptly to everything.

Without going so far as to defend that communication strategy (even if I'm in fact correct, again I'm extrapolating from only my own experience), I'd probably recommend starting a new email chain (so it doesn't appear in his inbox as part of an existing "guy not ordering" conversation and keeping the email succinct and to the point that you're looking to buy :)

EDIT: I read the original comment about his communication delays more carefully. I bet questions about lifts and trades vastly complicate the arrangement from his perspective as sales manager. I'd not blame him in not devoting much time when he has firm orders ready to go in, but I'd also not at all blame you for not wanting to order with those areas unsettled. If I could only do a deal with Gladiator + trade + lift all bundled I guess I'd only shop local. That said, if it was me I'd look to un-bundle as much as I could and try to sell the current vehicle privately or via one of the car buying sites which I bet would beat Gupton anyways, and then get the lift installed locally where you can easily cross-shop just that price over the phone.
Sponsored

STLMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR, 20 JLU, 900whp C6
I emailed Daniel on Sunday to see what kind of deal I could get on a 21. I want out of my 6 speed and into an auto. Hopefully Rubicon instead of a Sport S this time. Hopefully I hear something.

NinaFox317

First Name
Nina
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Max Tow
Occupation
Business Consultant
I emailed Daniel on Sunday to see what kind of deal I could get on a 21. I want out of my 6 speed and into an auto. Hopefully Rubicon instead of a Sport S this time. Hopefully I hear something.
I ordered on 6/11 and it arrived 7/15. I still haven't gone there to pick it up since Vroom has to pick up my RAM first. The anticipation is killing me.

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Gator Rubicon looks amazing, love it!

Daniel is certainly not on vacation, at least in terms of not having email access. I think he's getting a lot of emails and is triaging them somewhat. I'll just tell my own experience - when the credible reports of Gecko being orderable emerged last week I wrote him immediately check ask him to confirm and I didn't hear back at all the next day. Once I got confirmation from a different dealer that Gecko really was orderable I wrote Daniel back and said basically "nevermind on my previous query, I'm ready to order today, here's my order details." From that point he responded super promptly to everything.

Without going so far as to defend that communication strategy (even if I'm in fact correct, again I'm extrapolating from only my own experience), I'd probably recommend starting a new email chain (so it doesn't appear in his inbox as part of an existing "guy not ordering" conversation and keeping the email succinct and to the point that you're looking to buy :)

EDIT: I read the original comment about his communication delays more carefully. I bet questions about lifts and trades vastly complicate the arrangement from his perspective as sales manager. I'd not blame him in not devoting much time when he has firm orders ready to go in, but I'd also not at all blame you for not wanting to order with those areas unsettled. If I could only do a deal with Gladiator + trade + lift all bundled I guess I'd only shop local. That said, if it was me I'd look to un-bundle as much as I could and try to sell the current vehicle privately or via one of the car buying sites which I bet would beat Gupton anyways, and then get the lift installed locally where you can easily cross-shop just that price over the phone.
I’m not mad. It all worked out for me anyway. It’s one of those things that you just can’t predict. There’s no way you can tell who’s a serious buyer from the tire kicker. He must get a lot of non productive Emails everyday.

Sponsored

trailless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
I ordered mine the same day. Basic build though. Sports s Max tow and technology package
That sort of makes me sad... But also hopeful that the dealer was telling the truth when he said my order wasn't affected by the chip shortage. Both the dealer and Jeep chat said that all my parts ready and my Jeep is in line to be built. The dealer said its scheduled to be built on 8/8. But I don't even know if the plant is open on Sundays...

pryncetrose

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
working on it
That sort of makes me sad... But also hopeful that the dealer was telling the truth when he said my order wasn't affected by the chip shortage. Both the dealer and Jeep chat said that all my parts ready and my Jeep is in line to be built. The dealer said its scheduled to be built on 8/8. But I don't even know if the plant is open on Sundays...
After meeting them they actually seem super genuine. If you have the build sheet already then your good to go.

Sponsored

Billyrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer and Saturn Sky
Occupation
retired
AWESOME. Gladiator line was shut down this week. Chip shortage/delay.
Mine is still waiting on the chip issue! Here is what jeep chat just said:
I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build.

We are having delays with the chip and the shortage and we are working on the matter. We are back up and running.

badger719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Mine is still waiting on the chip issue! Here is what jeep chat just said:
I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build.

We are having delays with the chip and the shortage and we are working on the matter. We are back up and running.
Same response I got. Like others have said, Jeep Chat doesn't seem to really have up to date information. I've pretty much limited myself to checking once a week or less at this point. It'll be awhile.

I ordered a base Sport on July 27. Only options are spray in bedliner, hard top, automatic and tow package. It will be interesting to see if they actually speed up mine since it doesn't have all the chip intensive extra features.

Otherwise it seems like Jeep really drags out the base Sport builds since their profit margins are so much lower on those.

SeanKenmore

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Occupation
Biotech
You should double check with dealer again since I ordered on JULY5 too, and was informed ready to pick on Aug5. Haven’t picked it yet because of strong work commitments and busy schedules but I will be flying to Gupton next week.

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired and loving it
AWESOME. Gladiator line was shut down this week. Chip shortage/delay.
Im not partial to blue trucks myself but I gotta say that is one good looking truck! That blue really pops. Congratulations… 👍🏻

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Pick up my gladiator this morning. Came in within 3 and half weeks!!
Jeep Gladiator Gupton Motors up to 8% below invoice 20210807_115922
Sorry, see above. I misquoted Billy rock with your original post. Great looking truck!
Sponsored