Gupton Motors up to 8% below invoice

mystic330

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
I am emailing Renee about it in the morning but just curious does anyone know if Gupton honors $500 first responders?
I dont believe they do any programs other than the FCA affiliate (which you can get through TL) for factory orders. (Because they are already starting at 5% below invoice)

Now if your buying off the lot, they may be willing to honor some programs, but your not going to get anywhere near an order price!
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Has this been an ongoing concern with Gupton?
I've not ordered from Gupton, but I have a feeling based on posts that their staff struggles to handle the volume of internet orders they get. It looks worse this year, maybe the economy has people doing more trading and upgrading, or like so many dealers, they are just stuck having staffing troubles.
On the other hand - you read nothing but good about the people there personally - being friendly and such.
I guess when you are good and sell at a hxxx of a discount, you get hammered. I'd worry more if they were selling at such discounts and had time on their hands.

mystic330

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
I did not witness any "struggle" at all through my entire ordering interaction, and have sent a couple of notes since... Every time I get a response within 30mins.
During my pickup day, I was told they had 10 pickups that day, but NOBODY seems frazzled, frustrated, rushed, upset, etc.. It was just 100% TN charm and home-town friendliness the whole time.
I get that some may be frustrated with their particular situations and speed of handling, but the folks at Gupton are NOT "struggling" - They are just moving at their own pace selling Jeeps and making money....

Tank43

First Name
Tank43
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon, 2015 Sienna,
I initially had some communications difficulties with Gupton. I started comms back in late March / early April and heard back from the Sales Manager Bo Gupton and also received comms from Walter and Kemmy. But not sure if my reply emails were received. No echo or bad return, but also no response so I figured their firewall on the email server could be flagging my address for an unknown reason and trashing it (have your IT peeps check on that Gupton). It happens. Per a forum member's suggestion I sent another email from my work address with a new subject email and included Renee's address this time and received a quick response. I also got some info while in comms with Renee that they had received a lot of deliveries recently and being a small dealership it was an "All Hands On Deck" situation to deliver to the customers. Like any business, there are surge times and slack times which can be difficult to anticipate and respond to. Sometimes you do the best you can with what you've got. I've bought and sold a lot of vehicles over the years as an average everyday consumer and I can say that I hate the bargaining and negotiating process. Walter emailed me with the deal early on and Renee followed up with the final. Boom. That's it. It's a fair price. Fair deal. Significantly under invoice. Done deal. Lets not waste time. So my Gladiator is now officially ordered finally.

I tried a local dealership, but they were locked on MSRP and dealer add-ons you don't want or need way overpriced like locking lug nuts just for the privilege of buying a vehicle from them. Typical dealership. I hate forced dealer add-ons. Hate it with a passion. The economy and landscape of car sales is a changing. And dealers better change with it. Dealerships like Gupton recognize there is power and profits in positioning yourself in certain markets such as internet forums and no BS pricing and honesty. Buyers respect that and I hope will choose it over the antiquated bargaining system some dealers are stuck in. So yes I will have to fly to Nashville from Charleston for pickup, but not a big lift considering the savings and no BS.

Sponsored

Pburnett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Volvo XC90, waiting on 22 gladiator
Occupation
Naval Engineer
Flying today to go pick mine up! Shoot me a message or reply with what you may or may not have there and I'll try to grab some pictures for people of the lot.
Work this morning it going to be hard to concentrate....

t-bot

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD; '15 BMW K1300S
Flying today to go pick mine up! Shoot me a message or reply with what you may or may not have there and I'll try to grab some pictures for people of the lot.
Congrats on getting your Gladitator!

I think my wife's Sahara 4xe (white) may have just arrived (according to Jeep chat). Would you mind snapping a pic of it if you see it? 4854 are the last four digits in the VIN.

Thank you!

RS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD on order, 2017 4runner TRD
Occupation
Self Employed
Silver Zynith diesel Rubicon. Black hardtop/painted fenders.

raaaajs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Congrats on pickup! I'm in the process of hopefully confirming my pickup for next week, but if you happen to come across a granite overland with color matched top and fenders, a pic would be awesome. :)

Pburnett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Naval Engineer
besides the granite overland with the black top that I'm picking up :) Nice color choice!!

Sponsored

jerichar99

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
IT
If you see a green Sport S with black wheels and spray-in bedliner, post a picture!

SoonerFever

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano AWD
I am flying out Memorial Day weekend to pick up if you happen to see a Hydro Bule Sport S, Hard top, black wheels, with Max tow.

Pburnett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Naval Engineer
Yikes... So that went by quick! Wound up BSing with Walter too long, but tried to grab some pictures. With a hungry 6 year old in tow, had to get on the road. Here's what I grabbed!

Jeep Gladiator Gupton Motors up to 8% below invoice PXL_20220518_213728718

Jeep Gladiator Gupton Motors up to 8% below invoice PXL_20220518_213610173

And mine!!!

Jeep Gladiator Gupton Motors up to 8% below invoice IMG_20220518_192011

Jeeps are stacked 5 or 6 deep in the back lot!!!

RS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD on order, 2017 4runner TRD
Occupation
Self Employed
Yikes... So that went by quick! Wound up BSing with Walter too long, but tried to grab some pictures. With a hungry 6 year old in tow, had to get on the road. Here's what I grabbed!

PXL_20220518_213728718.jpg

PXL_20220518_213610173.jpg

And mine!!!

IMG_20220518_192011.jpg

Jeeps are stacked 5 or 6 deep in the back lot!!!
Congratulations! I'm waiting for my paperwork still. Supposed to have it by tomorrow evening so I can pick mine up Saturday. Wife can't make the trip with me so she has to sign early.

Last edited:

Pburnett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Naval Engineer
By the way, everything that is said about the ease of experience at Gupton is absolutely true. Very friendly, no BS, no dealer games or anything. Just an easy regular transaction. Exactly what you are hoping for.
Sponsored