Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
This. In addition to the <40°F requirement, you also have to turn the feature on in the touch screen menu.

Not at this time. Could Joe make this a feature of the Tazer? Possibly. FCA doesn't allow it for liability I think. The heated steering wheel gets hot. If some moron activated that stuff while the interior was already hot on a very warm day, it could spell trouble. No need for it. I find 40 to be a great threshold.
Once you get older, have arthritis, and Raynauds, you will want the wheel on at 45 at least.
I've actually been headed in to town and had my thumb lock up and give some hefty pain and gone out to my JT and turned the heated wheel on and realized - hey, my thumb feels fine now.
So driving it to town was like therapy for my arthritis! Another excuse to drive it, I guess LOL
My wife turns hers on in her GC if it's 45 or below and I've had to manually turn mine on at 45 as well. It's one reason I wanted to trade vehicles - things like this for health.
(the seats in these trucks are among the best seats I have EVER set my sorry butt in - kudos to the Jeep team)
Sponsored

TYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
This. In addition to the <40°F requirement, you also have to turn the feature on in the touch screen menu.

Not at this time. Could Joe make this a feature of the Tazer? Possibly. FCA doesn't allow it for liability I think. The heated steering wheel gets hot. If some moron activated that stuff while the interior was already hot on a very warm day, it could spell trouble. No need for it. I find 40 to be a great threshold.
Honestly, even if the Tazer could raise the threshold to 45F max I’d be a happier camper.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Are the passenger and driver seats supposed to activate, or just the drivers?

Last edited:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Driver side - not sure if the other is configurable or not but mine is driver only at this point.

Sponsored

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Even an option to kick in at different temps, or to just kick in automatically (independent of temp) would be really sweet.
Like TYJ asked, sure would be great is it was a selectable temp (or even from a few options). I get a little frustrated (first world problem, I know) that Jeep has different settings for different vehicles. My wife's Trailhawk kicks on at a higher temp (46˚ I think) and I think it's perfect. Takes the coolness out of the leather on those chilled mornings that aren't quite frosty.

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Like TYJ asked...
and now I saw that ShadowsPapa once again beat me to a much more detailed answer that I agree with 100%. For me its not arthritis but lots of metal in the wrist/hand from motorcycle accident but logic is the same.

spec24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
40degrees seems a rediculous threshold for a vehicle with a removable top and doors. Even below 60 degrees with those doors off, having a heated seat a steering wheel sure makes a difference. I'd like to know the reasoning behind this.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
40degrees seems a rediculous threshold for a vehicle with a removable top and doors. Even below 60 degrees with those doors off, having a heated seat a steering wheel sure makes a difference. I'd like to know the reasoning behind this.
Because the rest of do not want it on above 40?
So all u need to do is get in and turn it on.
Likely u are the exception, not the majority.

Terminus33

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech
I would venture to say that those Jeepers driving around regularly with doors and top off at temps at 60 or below aren't the ones concerned with heated amenities. Those are the folks you see in full winter gear toughing it out. lol

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Unless you got a buddy working in the Engineering department at Jeep, you are not ever going to know the exact minutia information on such things.

I am sure they had their reasoning and had to stick a needle to mark a median value. Regardless if it was higher or lower, there is going to be somebody with an opinion it should go one way or another.

Zswickliffe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon
Unless you got a buddy working in the Engineering department at Jeep, you are not ever going to know the exact minutia information on such things.

I am sure they had their reasoning and had to stick a needle to mark a median value. Regardless if it was higher or lower, there is going to be somebody with an opinion it should go one way or another.
Lmao, this is exactly how vehicles are designed.

Every bad idea or "dumb" decision in a consumer's eyes is generally the result of a bunch of conflicting internal opinions with a "pin the tail on the donkey" type game for picking the right value. Hmmm yeah, 40*F sounds good!

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kawasaki Z125, 2016 Yamaha WR250R, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Air Force Contractor
I would venture to say that those Jeepers driving around regularly with doors and top off at temps at 60 or below aren't the ones concerned with heated amenities. Those are the folks you see in full winter gear toughing it out. lol
Rode my motorcycle to work today. It was 40 degrees when I left the garage. Heated hand grips were definitely at max, lol. Of course, I think everyone is spoiled on this one. I can't even get remote start because I refuse to buy automatics.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Lmao, this is exactly how vehicles are designed.

Every bad idea or "dumb" decision in a consumer's eyes is generally the result of a bunch of conflicting internal opinions with a "pin the tail on the donkey" type game for picking the right value. Hmmm yeah, 40*F sounds good!
I've participated in consumer studies, and a few months after buying my JT - I completed surveys for Jeep. They study this - it's not like the armchair engineers here believe.
I was called about my comments on the seats in the Gladiator and told them what I thought. Get enough of those and if the results say something sucks - it gets changed. Hell, even Ford watches what people talk about in Jeep vehicles.
I've been in studies for candy, Jeeps, and other products. I used to live blocks away from a company that did studies for big companies.
They take a lot into account in these things. Just because a person or 10 doesn't like something doesn't mean it's random or some craps shoot. There will always be outliers - they have to go with the largest group.
Seriously, of all of the thousands of Gladiator owners in the world, how many think it should be 60 because that's what THEY want? (how many of those thousands drive no doors below 60 degrees?)
Someone will always be annoyed and feel left out.

So funny how people "Guess" when they don't work for any car maker and assume it's just a craps shoot.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
Like TYJ asked, sure would be great is it was a selectable temp (or even from a few options). I get a little frustrated (first world problem, I know) that Jeep has different settings for different vehicles. My wife's Trailhawk kicks on at a higher temp (46˚ I think) and I think it's perfect. Takes the coolness out of the leather on those chilled mornings that aren't quite frosty.
Should be 40 degrees or cooler for all Jeep, Dodge, and Ram.

80 degrees or warmer for the cooled seats.
Sponsored