"Tow Truck Ahead" Notification??

Brojave22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
ATC
anyone getting a tow truck ahead warning on there radio screen? I hit dismiss but it will come up randomly throughout a drive..
2022 mojave
Sponsored

dmwphoto

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
I get "emergency vehicle ahead" or other notifications occasionally when I have a destination entered in the Nav

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I get "emergency vehicle ahead" or other notifications occasionally when I have a destination entered in the Nav
Mine will it even if I don't have a destination picked.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
honestly i'm always plugged in to my phone so i have no idea if the warnings are a function of the vehicle or android maps.

Either way i appreciate them. Just a little heads up that up ahead people will be moving out of the right lane to give room for an emergency vehicle, combined with potential rubberneckers. Never a bad idea to have advance notice of a merge and/or slowdown.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
They are from SiriusXM. I believe it is part of the five year traffic subscription that came with it. So far, I have seen Tow Truck, Emergency Vehicle, and some others like Object in Road.

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP RUBICAN GLADIATOR ,2016 HD SLIMS
Occupation
WEED PULLER
honestly i'm always plugged in to my phone so i have no idea if the warnings are a function of the vehicle or android maps.

Either way i appreciate them. Just a little heads up that up ahead people will be moving out of the right lane to give room for an emergency vehicle, combined with potential rubberneckers. Never a bad idea to have advance notice of a merge and/or slowdown.
When mine displays emergency vehicle in the area all five times there wasnt a car near me.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
anyone getting a tow truck ahead warning on there radio screen? I hit dismiss but it will come up randomly throughout a drive..
2022 mojave
Mine has just started showing this in the past year.
When mine displays emergency vehicle in the area all five times there wasnt a car near me.
I don't know the size of the area, but sometimes the vehicle has been on the opposing lane.

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
Interesting, I’ve never seen this.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, it's alerting you of things in your path. I've found that often by the time you actually get there, it's gone. We were constantly alerted of heavy or stopped traffic on our way to FL - often the alert was for something an hour ahead of us and it kept wanting to reroute us and I'd say no and it would pop up every couple minutes - traffic ahead, we've found another route - I'd say now, then it would to it again.
I can see if it worked for 30 minutes ahead of you and you wanted to avoid real heavy traffic - but in every single case, the problem was gone - we never really did figure out what it was talking about - traffic? What traffic? It's all clear!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That's because it's for what's ahead of you, what you are driving toward, not what you can see. This is not anything to do with the FCW or ACC or whatever, it's for what you cant see a mile or 10 miles ahead of you, likely farther because when we got those notices, we never saw a thing.

They are from SiriusXM. I believe it is part of the five year traffic subscription that came with it. So far, I have seen Tow Truck, Emergency Vehicle, and some others like Object in Road.
Yes. We've gotten it when we have a route plugged in, and I think one other time as I recall. It's the TRAFFIC bit of Sirius.

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP RUBICAN GLADIATOR ,2016 HD SLIMS
Occupation
WEED PULLER
That's because it's for what's ahead of you, what you are driving toward, not what you can see. This is not anything to do with the FCW or ACC or whatever, it's for what you cant see a mile or 10 miles ahead of you, likely farther because when we got those notices, we never saw a thing.

Yes. We've gotten it when we have a route plugged in, and I think one other time as I recall. It's the TRAFFIC bit of Sirius.
Sirius ok that makes since ,I did not have nav. on and was on i65 where you could see for twenty miles flat and straight highway ahead of you.