Sponsored

Hit and run

• Thread starter Deleted member 30519
  • Start date
  • Watchers 13
OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

Obviously too late here but this is one of the reasons I've started leasing new cars/trucks. If the vehicle turns out to be a lemon, gets damaged or I just don't like it, I get to walk away after three years rather than be upside down trying to sell with a carfax. If I love it, I get to purchase at a known price with a known history. It's not for everyone but works for me...just a thought for the future...
That's funny because I just came from a 39 month lease on my JL . I ended it early because I really hated everything about it. I'm glad it works for you though.:like:
Sponsored

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Idk exactly what this means but it looks like they could make out the check to me and the bank. I'm not sure if this allows me to have more flexibility or what ? It said this under my claims information.

Screenshot_20200802-180717__01.jpg
It will be a 2 party check. You and whomever else you select out of those options.

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
Pretty sure it will be more than that. They will send in supplement payment when body shop finds more $$ is needed to repair. At least it’s a start

DavdZ

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2016 Ural 2008 Mercury Mariner
I got rear ended today by an old doge ram. The bumper obviously is a goner and the tailgate has a baseball sized dent and won't open because it's wedged pretty bad. The rear body panel warped out in a weird way. How much In damages do you guys think it will cost to fix? Some guy in another thread was saying the whole box might need to be replaced. I'm looking into getting a steel bumper this time.

Jeep Gladiator Hit and run Screenshot_20200803-130413

Jeep Gladiator Hit and run Screenshot_20200803-130413
It looks nearly exactly what just happened to mine this morning

Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

If that estimate is valid I'll only get a check for $1,213 since my deductible is $1,000. I wonder if I'd be able to purchase my own steel bumper and the wilco spare tire tailgate and leave the remainding money for shop to fix the side passenger panel ripple because the parts for tailgate and the bumper including paint and labor add up to around $1,000. I'd still be paying more in the long run but at least I could justify this whole thing in a positive way.

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
Don't forget to go after the depreciated value since the vehicle now has an accident on record. Bleed those bloodsuckers.

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

Don't forget to go after the depreciated value since the vehicle now has an accident on record. Bleed those bloodsuckers.
I don't think I can because I'm going through my own insurance. They never caught the guy so it all falls on me.

Gr8ful

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland 2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Occupation
Professionally unemployed
I had the exact same damage on a Nissan Frontier. Th repair came $2300. New bumper and tail light, fender straighten and painted.
I went to trade it in on the JT and the dealer subtracted $2k for the accident on Carfax. Sold private party.
Be sure to get the money money for loss of value. If it’s repaired properly and you don‘t sell it you will be fine.
still it is shame that it happened.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

I'm honestly thinking about just dropping my claim and going with an after market steel bumper and wilco tailgate I've had my eye on since ive got the gladiator. The deductible i would of had to pay can fix the side bed panel when the time comes I guess.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I'm honestly thinking about just dropping my claim and going with an after market steel bumper and wilco tailgate I've had my eye on since ive got the gladiator. The deductible i would of had to pay can fix the side bed panel when the time comes I guess.
I wouldn't do that since its an uninsured motorist claim. Also, are you sure that your deductible for uninsured motorist is $1000? Its usually lower than your collision deductible.

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

I wouldn't do that since its an uninsured motorist claim. Also, are you sure that your deductible for uninsured motorist is $1000? Its usually lower than your collision deductible.
Yup. NY only has uninsured motorist bodily injury not collision. The guy from geico explained everything to me. Great state of NY.

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
If you want aftermarket parts, you'd be better off doing it yourself. My Gladiator got rear-ended last Feburary. Two weeks ago it got bombed by golf ball hail. So, yeah, I've been dealing with body repair shops.

Modern body shops do "Insurance work only". That means if you take a vehicle there and say, "How much to paint my car/truck?", they'll just say, "Sorry, we don't do custom work".

If you have an insurance claim, the body shop will restore it to the way it was before the accident. If you ask for absolutely any variation, they don't know what you're talking about. You might as well be speaking Klingon.

If you want the bed dents repaired, I would suggest taking it an actual custom shop. You know, the kind of place where almost nobody speaks English and there are 60s Impalas with primer spots parked everywhere. They tend to do very good work for cash. Just be sure to get references. There are lot of really lousy body shops out there. You have to sift those out to find a good one.
Sponsored