Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Dope photoshop.

I was thinking of doing something similar but just a rack like this:

869fe2cdae2de3f346f5eceb14caf182.jpg

I wonder if Jeep will incorporate the RAM's cargo box in the bed. That would be cool if they did.

JCC

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Overland Diesel, 1982 CJ8 Scrambler
I plan to use mine as an overland type of vehicle, haul camping gear in/out of the mountains in the summer and ski/snowboarding gear in the winter (and the wife and dogs too of course). It will also be great to finally have something to haul boards from the lumber yard for woodworking projects and supplies from the big box stores for home reno projects. No more sawdust and cement dust in the back of the JK! In the unlikely event I have any money left over after the JT purchase and upgrades (35's and bed rack for instance) I'd like to get a camper of some sort to tow behind. There's a company out of Boulder who make great looking off-road teardrop ones.

wooderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Dope photoshop.

I was thinking of doing something similar but just a rack like this:

869fe2cdae2de3f346f5eceb14caf182.jpg

I wonder if Jeep will incorporate the RAM's cargo box in the bed. That would be cool if they did.
Never been a fan of the cargo box. But I think it would work on the JT.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I wasnt either, but after seeing is used in a Overland application I became a much bigger fan of it. You could store all kinds of goodies in there like recovery gear, tarps, tie down straps, even keep the cover of your roof top tent stored in there while your using the tent. Just helps add more storage and keeps things from being thrown in the cab.

Sponsored

JCC

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
I wasnt either, but after seeing is used in a Overland application I became a much bigger fan of it. You could store all kinds of goodies in there like recovery gear, tarps, tie down straps, even keep the cover of your roof top tent stored in there while your using the tent. Just helps add more storage and keeps things from being thrown in the cab.
I'm very curious about the under bed spare tire mount and the max tire size it can hold. If it's not more than a 33' then a lot of folks are going to be looking for alternate mounting, and one possibility I think I like the idea of is on top of a rack like that such that it's up and out of the way and you can still use the bed for other stuff.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I'm very curious about the under bed spare tire mount and the max tire size it can hold. If it's not more than a 33' then a lot of folks are going to be looking for alternate mounting, and one possibility I think I like the idea of is on top of a rack like that such that it's up and out of the way and you can still use the bed for other stuff.
Problem with on a roof top rack is that unless your a big dude lifting a 35"+ tire up there is going to be a chore. My 35 BFG KO2s & 17" wheel combo is heavy and awkward to lift and its a bit of work just getting it on the tail gate carrier. With that said I think you will see a lot of pre-runner type options like this:

rear_72.jpg

DSC03306-4-1.jpg

I personally like that look the best as it looks the cleanest, but also take up a bit of the bed. You can mount it in reverse as well like this:

mount_out_26a_small.jpg

Or there are more traditional options like on the JK:

Screen_Shot_2017-03-22_at_7.58.57_AM.png

IMG_20160528_132318.jpg

JCC

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Definitely a good point about wheel/tire weight. Those are good options for sure but none are perfect (e.g. sacrificing rear visibility and length). Maybe we'll get lucky and a 35" spare will fit in the stock location.

4X4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door 4X4, 1956 Jeep CJ5
i would convert it into a LWB JL with 3 rows

MuhThugga

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Pontiac GTO, 2008 Silverado, 1981 El Camino
As a truck: haul stuff in the bed and tow the occasional vehicle.

Sponsored

JeepinOutfitters

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepinoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
1995 XJ, 2016 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Outfitting Jeeps for adventures.
We've got a Ram 1500 with the Rambox and absolutely love it. It wasn't an option we were intentionally looking for when we got the truck, but the truck we found that fit all our requirements had it, and now that we've got it we're totally in the "love it, would buy again" camp.

I don't expect such a bed design to be available on the JT though, but I do expect interior storage cubbies similar to what's in the Tacoma's bed.

I'd use a JT for a DD and expedition/overland vehicle.

markjhflying

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Forester, Ford Explorer
I will be using my JT as my DD, towing my caravan around Australia offroad and picking up hay and timber. Hope 35's are standard and lifted will fit 40's

peterjford

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1943 Ford GPW (needs restoration), 1988 Jeep YJ (needs engine), 1999 Jeep XJ (Purple Is The New Chrome), 2007 Chevrolet Suburban (Mom's kid hauler)
Vehicle Showcase
I will be using my JT as my DD, and for short local camping trips. For longer camping trips we need to take the dogs so we use the Suburban. For trails I use a '99 XJ. I don't know how long I will have the JT before I start modifying it. I think my wife is just going along when I say I won't be doing any upgrades or taking it on any of the harder trails and know that eventually I will have to do that.

ZMB KLR

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 VW R32
I'll be using it as a DD, kid hauler, and everything a homeowner needs in a truck.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Definitely going to throw a softopper on mine. Will use mine as a weekend choremaster. Plan to do some beach surf fishing, small boat towing, and come hunting season I'll put some Texas pin striping on it during deer season and haul my wirehaired pointer and throw muddy gear in the bed on duck hunts. And of course let my 13 year old daughter have some fun mudding across dirt roads. And to think....I was having to decide between a wimpy Ridgeline or massive F150. So glad I kept my beater Tahoe rather than dropping 40k on something that just wasn't right. Started to feel like "Goldilocks."
Sponsored