First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Whatā€™s your commute distance? Is it mostly highway or city?

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2020 Hydro blue Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
I donā€™t think that your going to notice a difference between 38ā€ and 40ā€ tires. Anything over 35ā€ is going to be a bit of work imo.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
how good in what sense?

dealing with road irregularities? you can run over potholes and small children and barely notice.

general ride comfort? Swaying is fun right? The higher you go, the more a strong gusts of wind will affect you. jeeps already have a reputation of being a tad wayward to drive straight, but your 40s should make for a good workout. Bonus: you can cancel your gym membership. Don't forget the larger and higher your suspension gets the more difficult it gets for your shocks to do their work properly. Wont be very comfortable over road expansions unless you like bobbing up and down a lot.

ingress/egress: how good do you consider step ladders to be?

MPG: you'll get some. All that money you're saving on a gym membership will just go to the pump (and then some)

Passing power: Prepare for people to honk at your when you hold up traffic flooring it to pass a 18wheeler.

40s on a daily... seriously? why not stick with 35s which most consider to be the best balance of off-road chops with daily driving manners?

Sponsored

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
how good in what sense?

dealing with road irregularities? you can run over potholes and small children and barely notice.

general ride comfort? Swaying is fun right? The higher you go, the more a strong gusts of wind will affect you. jeeps already have a reputation of being a tad wayward to drive straight, but your 40s should make for a good workout. Bonus: you can cancel your gym membership. Don't forget the larger and higher your suspension gets the more difficult it gets for your shocks to do their work properly. Wont be very comfortable over road expansions unless you like bobbing up and down a lot.

ingress/egress: how good do you consider step ladders to be?

MPG: you'll get some. All that money you're saving on a gym membership will just go to the pump (and then some)

Passing power: Prepare for people to honk at your when you hold up traffic flooring it to pass a 18wheeler.

40s on a daily... seriously? why not stick with 35s which most consider to be the best balance of off-road chops with daily driving manners?
You should consider stand up comedy lol

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
It kind of blows. Iā€™m a shorter dude running 37s, I canā€™t reach in the bed that easily. Getting in the bed can be a chore and takes some thought. Climbing in is harder than stock obviously, my mom has a hard time climbing in and now only well abled persons can climb in.

Off road, itā€™s awesome. I wouldnā€™t go back, but I am considering some sort of steps incorporated in extra rocker protection.

Sponsored

Blackjeepjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi, 2015 2dr Jk hard rock rubi
Iā€™ve got 5k mi on mine as daily driver.
all depends on how it is set up. Most of the previously mentioned things are truly not happening for me.
I can cruise at 75mph on interstate and pass whenever needed.
17.5 mpg highway
15.8 mpg city
Getting in/out sucks
Wind over 20mph sucks
Lifting the spare into the bed sucks
Everything else - nice!

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I've had mine on since February, ~15000 miles on stock 4.10 gears. My gas mileage went from ~15mpg to ~13.5mpg. Power took a noticeable hit but it still has plenty of power for entering a freeway or passing a vehicle. Definitely a little harder to get in and out of. I would say the most obvious difference is the width(15.50 vs 13.50), hitting reflectors in the road or the grooves on the shoulder creates much more vibration.

20210711_163802.jpg

20211029_163447.jpg

polarisTXguy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave, F350, Boss 302, Mini, Ram1500
Occupation
Polaris Industires
Iā€™m a little late, but Happy Birthday! šŸ˜¬

I turned 40 earlier this year, and so far my daily driving has been okay. About the same as when I was 38.

Last edited:

905_gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
What I would like to see is some feedback from folks who are running 40's on stock axles and see how many parts have broken or worn out etc!

Most of the comments are valid but are coming from folks who aren't running 40's!

i have 37's currently and would like to go up to 40's next spring with re-gear!

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
It kind of blows. Iā€™m a shorter dude running 37s, I canā€™t reach in the bed that easily. Getting in the bed can be a chore and takes some thought. Climbing in is harder than stock obviously, my mom has a hard time climbing in and now only well abled persons can climb in.

Off road, itā€™s awesome. I wouldnā€™t go back, but I am considering some sort of steps incorporated in extra rocker protection.
Try these that bolt on to the Rubi bed side armor. We love them and it makes climbing in way easier. I mean it still kind of sucks, but you know, not as bad.

https://mountainoffroad.com/collections/gladiator/products/copy-of-jeep-jl-hide-a-step-powder-coated
Sponsored