Sponsored

How long do you plan to keep this truck?

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
Since this has become my dream truck, as long as possible. Possibly until I die.
Sponsored

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I drive a lot of miles so I'm not sure what to expect, but I'm planning to keep it for as long as possible. Maybe 7 years or more? We'll see. Anyway, I like the idea of a real truck that I can use as such, but also have Jeep fun and looks with the same vehicle. I think it's just great the way it came. I added a Bestop Sunrider for hard tops and a rolling bed cover from them as well, but I have no plans for more. It just doesn't need much in the way of mods to give me what I want, and I love the Gator paint, so I think I'll be happy with this one for a longer time than I usually keep cars.

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I tend to get bored and sell vehicles shortly after they’re paid off. I do like this JT though. Perfect combo of utility and fun. If I don’t find something else I like more then it will be my daughter’s first vehicle in 13 years....man I am dreading that lol

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I leased mine because I knew that at least the diesel was coming out. If reliability ends up decent on the diesel, or they add a V8 to the lineup by the time my lease is up mine will probably get turned back in.

All mods will be minor or reversible.

LED headlights
Rubicon take off suspension
Bed rack

khockey02

First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
There are only two reasons I’d willing trade this truck in:
1. Jeep puts out a compelling and robust 4xe gladiator (minimum of 2-4years before I’d be comfortable with this)
2. If I ever need a truck with a higher towing capacity I’d probably transition to a Ram + TJ garage.

Otherwise this is my fun/utility vehicle until it runs out of fun/utility. However my current mods are more a reflection of my wallet than my long term plans... ‍♀

Sponsored

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
3-3.5 years. I'll get it as a company vehicle. Get rid of them around 100,000 miles.

OP
OP
eternus

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Unless a family member wants it...4-5 years. I would keep for 10yr but now that a plugin hybrid with 375hp is likely comming...the gas saving and extra power will br worth it. Ill take my tonneau cover and wheels with me to the next gladiator. These things have a good resale so the $ loss will be minimal
The plugin hybrid is really the only thing I can think will push me to pursue another vehicle... I can’t realistically expect to be 100% gas for the rest of my life.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I love mine.
I got it may 2019, have driven it almost 40k miles already.
I installed 2" Mopar lift and 37" wildpeaks. Looks and drives great!
I will definitely be keeping it forever or until one of us dies lol

Jeep Gladiator How long do you plan to keep this truck? IMG_20200709_181634
how have the falkens worn so far?

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
The plugin hybrid is really the only thing I can think will push me to pursue another vehicle... I can’t realistically expect to be 100% gas for the rest of my life.
a fully electric gladiator with 500+ mile range could force a trade in for me But that likely won’t happen for quite some time

Last edited:
OP
OP
eternus

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager

J-GriffsGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Geologist
a fully electric gladiator with 500+ mile range could force a trade in for me But that likely won’t happen for quite some time
Exactly. Fully electric AND 500 mile range? Lol. Like I said, we'll be driving the current Gladiator until we die.

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
I’ve wanted a Wrangler since I was old enough to drive but always bought a truck because in my opinion it was more practical. I’ve always wanted a convertible too but for the same reason never bought one. Now I have an all in one do everything vehicle. I like the idea of having a first year Gobi and am hopeful with a work vehicle I won’t put a ton of miles on her for things other than fun. It worked well for my first vacation with regard to comfort and cargo volume. My only hesitation to say I’ll keep it a very long time or replace with another Gladiator with maybe a roll down back window or some other neat improvement is if it proves to be unreliable. When I took the plunge I said to myself 2 years until Toyota comes out with a new tundra and I would trade ONLY if the gladiator is unreliable and Toyota will have had to do a good job with the new model in 2022. I hope it’s with me for a long time because I think it will be a classic when everyone has a self driving pod. I’ve finally got what I want and just hope it’s reliable

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I've still got my 2007 Wrangler, and take it on overlanding trips at 269,000 miles. It'll be the same with the Gladiator, just in rotation. Besides, I detest driving auto transmission vehicles, and figure the end of the road is nigh for manuals in the U.S. So unlikely many new vehicles in my future. Good thing I turn 71 next week, I suppose.
Sponsored