Sponsored

How long do you plan to keep this truck?

Art LeDoux

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Union Electrician
Well, for the foreseeable future. I'm getting to be an old guy so much depends on how long I can keep enjoying it and doing what I love, exploring the high desert.

If I still have it when the bumper to bumper warranty is close to ending I will probably look into buying an extended factory warranty from one of the on-line sellers.

As far as mods I wanted to keep it simple and reliable. Rubi take-off wheels/tires and a Mopar lift. I also did Overland running boards to make it easier for the wife, a spray-in bedliner and a Fabtech short rack.

I like this truck and hope to have it for some years.

20210509_132331 (Medium).jpg
That's great! Hopefully in the near future We can be out there too!
Sponsored

No Quarter

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Business Consultant
Till Valhalla... Even at that, perhaps the Valkyries will choose to get me there by using my JT.

Beewdawg

First Name
Brewdawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Occupation
Truck driver
I tend to keep my vehicles for quite a while so I'll likely have my JT for some years. If It's any indication, I still have have my 97 GMC Sierra that I purchased new.

Sponsored

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Now that we have had our second child, the wife and I will be getting new vehicles in about 16 years, and the kids can argue over who gets the JT and who gets the JLU. If they are still available at that time I will get a new JT and that will likely last me forever.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Welp, I kept my G35 for 6 years, my Xterra for four years and I had a Commander which was too much of a gas hog for about 9 months. I'm averaging quite some time with vehicles.

That being said, this is the most expensive purchase I am making to date, hopefully a house will supersede that in the next 9-10 months.

I would love to keep the Jeep for the next 10-12ish years.... but that leaves to be seen with how 'dependable' the eco-diesel really becomes with age and use.

kw_rc

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mojave
If this Jeep takes care of me, I will keep it for a while. I am truly enjoying it, look forward to drive it, and get a lot of satisfaction owning it. I will take care of it and I hope it does so in return. This is a keeper.

u-joint

First Name
Inigo Montoya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Yes
8 years, 4 months, 28 days, 6 hours, 32 minutes, and 59 seconds.

Sponsored

Narpet

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Director of Ops
I tend to keep my Jeeps a long time. I plan on keeping this one, maybe "forever". I really love it. My wife and I enjoy wheeling in it, and it suits my needs. Can't see getting rid of it.

Newlife

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 jeep gladiator rubicon
However long it takes me to get to 200,000 if nothing major happens before that. At 200,000 I’ve gotten the life I wanted out of it and it can go on to make some kid getting just getting their license happy and probably teach them some responsibilities on a high mileage vehicle. Or unless someone offers me a crazy amount over what I paid for it. for it in the meantime. Hense why I sold a 1 year old 4R with only 27k on it. But to me vehicles are tools and like any good tool they can be upgraded easily.

insanitize

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Commando, 07 Rubi JKU, 2024 MINI, 21 Gladiator+
Occupation
NYC-DOT, Retired
Until I get bored with it, usually about 5 years, but I have had my JKU since 07. Still not bored with that one.

w650gb500

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Fabricator
The 2005 Tundra had 274,00 when I sold it and the RAM had 132,000 when I sold it for the Gladiator. Both of those vehicles were maintenance free for all those miles and had 0-rust even though they lived here in PA. Only time will tell for the JT, but if it’s good to me, I’ll be good to it. It will sleep nightly in the garage, get washed as needed, oil/filter every 2500-3000 miles and serviced as necessary. The rockers, frame and doors will be coated with FluidFilm annually. I have an undercarriage pressure washer attachment that I use on our cars all winter long to wash off the salt/brine on the underside and suspension pieces. It really helps! Since this is the first new vehicle that I’ve bought since 1988, I have high hopes.

Time will tell…………………..
Sponsored