Sponsored

EstoJTR

First Name
Erx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 2014 Cayman S, 2020 RDX Advance
Watching this for your end experience with Pulsar and their end tune before purchasing. I'm also running a Tazer and iDrive throttle controller at the moment, so will have to figure out the best combo at that point.
Sponsored

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
UPDATE

Disclosure uptdate: superchips has asked me to beta test the latest version of the pulsar ahead of general release. There will be a period where I wont be able to provide direct feedback to the forum; as it will need to go to superchips for development. Later everything will catch up

That said, i am not on the payroll and not getting anything free. My goal is to fo what i can to get this right.

Last edited:

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Any idea how long the process might last?

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Any idea how long the process might last?
Depends on how much I find. Hopefully just a couple weeks. The big question is whether or not the hardware is fixed. Ill know more soon; and should at least be able to indicate what direction it is generally headed.

It just wouldnt be fair to superchips to have them ask me for my expertise to help remedy something specific; and then dish it on a public forum. I will say at this juncture based on my meeting today, I am optimistic.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
Depends on how much I find. Hopefully just a couple weeks. The big question is whether or not the hardware is fixed. Ill know more soon; and should at least be able to indicate what direction it is generally headed.

It just wouldnt be fair to superchips to have them ask me for my expertise to help remedy something specific; and then dish it on a public forum. I will say at this juncture based on my meeting today, I am optimistic.
Sounds great. At least let us know when they're done. I'll probably hold off purchasing till then as I like the concept but don't want the hassle of issues.

Sponsored

EstoJTR

First Name
Erx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 2014 Cayman S, 2020 RDX Advance
Also waiting to order until we hear more. Anyone know the difference between Superchips, DiabloSport and Edge Products Pulsar? My understanding is that they're under the same umbrella and that Edge actually mfrs these, but wondering if there's difference in customer support or if they're the same across the board in all areas.

MadMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave 2020
Occupation
Sales Manager

Saving my coins to get this upgrade tuning by Kurt soon.

Davesnothereman

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Liberty
That’s pretty awesome for... any size tire. I have the sport with the 4.10 and the upgraded factory tires. I get around 20mpg doing 60-70mph but the sweet spot is 30-40mph for me. I usually get 22.5mpg overall but I consider myself a professional at driving for MPG. Is the mpg worth it when considering the price you have to pay for the chip and intake? I’m always up for getting my MPGs higher!

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
That’s pretty awesome for... any size tire. I have the sport with the 4.10 and the upgraded factory tires. I get around 20mpg doing 60-70mph but the sweet spot is 30-40mph for me. I usually get 22.5mpg overall but I consider myself a professional at driving for MPG. Is the mpg worth it when considering the price you have to pay for the chip and intake? I’m always up for getting my MPGs higher!
I didnt do it for cost savings. I did it because i like modding things; i like the way a well tuned vehicle drives over a shitty one; and i did it to increase tank range as much as possible.

Also waiting to order until we hear more. Anyone know the difference between Superchips, DiabloSport and Edge Products Pulsar? My understanding is that they're under the same umbrella and that Edge actually mfrs these, but wondering if there's difference in customer support or if they're the same across the board in all areas.
They are all the same.

krweatherl

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Occupation
Heavy Haul Truck Driver
My parts have started trickling in, the AFE filter arrived this weekend so I swapped it in. No noticeable difference by itself. Mopar CAI arrived today. It’s installed and went for a short drive in my neighborhood to fill the tank, at partial throttle it’s noticeably louder. My AWE exhaust is in production so I’ll be running like this for at least a few weeks as I wait for the exhaust so I’ll have a bit of an idea how the CAI alone changed anything. Still deciding on what to do about tuning.

Sponsored

Davesnothereman

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Liberty
I’ve also looked into modding for trailering. My model is suppose to be able to tow 7,650lbs but I’m not it too sure it can. I pull a 5,700lb fully gassed up boat and on hills, it seems to struggle... definitely pulls better than my ‘06 liberty though lol. I’ll probably go with a chip and air intake.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
I’ve also looked into modding for trailering. My model is suppose to be able to tow 7,650lbs but I’m not it too sure it can. I pull a 5,700lb fully gassed up boat and on hills, it seems to struggle... definitely pulls better than my ‘06 liberty though lol. I’ll probably go with a chip and air intake.
Honestly, for you, regear first imo.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Were you pulling your 5.7k boat with a liberty?

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
ROI is not likely there.

@OP Kurt, curious, have you done a ROI? I know you’ve done a lot so likely it’s not all for just MPGs but power also.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
ROI is not likely there.

@OP Kurt, curious, have you done a ROI? I know you’ve done a lot so likely it’s not all for just MPGs but power also.
If you mean return on investment via mpg; that wasnt even a consideration. I got the exhaust because i like the way it sounds, i tuned it so it runs correctly with a more appropriate fuel curve, and the intake because the stock is a restriction. For me its about making it run right and efficiently as possible. I do care about tank range though.

For towing; the first thing you should do is regear deep imo
Sponsored