First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Cherokee and 1954 Willys
Occupation
Retired
I ordered the "Rancho" front skid plate from Amazon. It came with the silver (too small) U-bolt. I called the Rancho Customer Support. I was told they do not have a fix. SO, WHATS UP
"MATT @RanchoShocks? I was also told if you don't use the lock washer you can get the nuts started and bend the U-bolt a little and then add the lock nuts and tighten it up. I responded to the customer service representative that a unresolved problem that is more than a year old "stinks." I RETURNED IT. I then ordered and installed a Rough County front differential skid plate. The Rough County skid plate is $75 cheaper and much better. The shape is better and instead of a U-Bolt it has a 1/4" steel hoop the that goes over the pinion. Anyone that wants can compare the two skid plates and determine which is the best value.
Sponsored

RanchoShocks

Threads
Reaction score
Did you reach out to me by chance? Because everyone who has, has been taken care of :)
Matt

I ordered the "Rancho" front skid plate from Amazon. It came with the silver (too small) U-bolt. I called the Rancho Customer Support. I was told they do not have a fix. SO, WHATS UP
"MATT @RanchoShocks? I was also told if you don't use the lock washer you can get the nuts started and bend the U-bolt a little and then add the lock nuts and tighten it up. I responded to the customer service representative that a unresolved problem that is more than a year old "stinks." I RETURNED IT. I then ordered and installed a Rough County front differential skid plate. The Rough County skid plate is $75 cheaper and much better. The shape is better and instead of a U-Bolt it has a 1/4" steel hoop the that goes over the pinion. Anyone that wants can compare the two skid plates and determine which is the best value.

AJ-MJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Cherokee and 1954 Willys
Occupation
Retired
"Did you reach out to me by chance? Because everyone who has, has been taken care of :)
Matt"

IT IS OBVIOUS THAT I DID NOT CONTACT YOU/MATT. I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO CALL A "SPECIAL" PERSON TO GET REASONABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I JUST CALLED THE CUSTOMER SERVICE 800 PHONE NUMBER.... THE BOTTOM LINE OF THAT CONVERSATION WAS DISCRIBED IN MY PREVIOUS POST WAS "TUFF STUFF". IF EVERYONE THAT WORKS IN CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NOT AWARE, KNOWLEDGABLE AND RESOLVING THIS PARTICULAR ISSUE THEN THE COMPANY/RANCHO STINKS! THE BOTTOM LINE IS: ONLY CORRECT FITTING U-BOLTS SHOULD BE SHIPPED AT THIS TIME. PERIOD !

RanchoShocks

Threads
Reaction score
We have had about a dozen or less issues that I am aware of. Way more non-issues than issues. That being said there will be a longer u-bolt included when we make our next run.
The info they provided works most of the time, as I have installed this on JT's myself and the hints worked.
You would not have to call a special person, I am just a guy who has helped those in this thread.
You found this thread, and I could have helped you.
Sorry you had an issue, wish I could have helped, like I have to others in this thread.
:beer:ā˜•

"Did you reach out to me by chance? Because everyone who has, has been taken care of :)
Matt"

IT IS OBVIOUS THAT I DID NOT CONTACT YOU/MATT. I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO CALL A "SPECIAL" PERSON TO GET REASONABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I JUST CALLED THE CUSTOMER SERVICE 800 PHONE NUMBER.... THE BOTTOM LINE OF THAT CONVERSATION WAS DISCRIBED IN MY PREVIOUS POST WAS "TUFF STUFF". IF EVERYONE THAT WORKS IN CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NOT AWARE, KNOWLEDGABLE AND RESOLVING THIS PARTICULAR ISSUE THEN THE COMPANY/RANCHO STINKS! THE BOTTOM LINE IS: ONLY CORRECT FITTING U-BOLTS SHOULD BE SHIPPED AT THIS TIME. PERIOD !

jorbasaurus

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT
Occupation
HRIS Consulting
Matt"

wow.. just wow. So glad Iā€™m moving back to a client facing role šŸ™„

Sponsored

RanchoShocks

Threads
Reaction score
:)
I have been at this for over a decade and I find myself taking long walks often LOL.
The internet can be a weird/hard place to communicate. And in real life I am a big ol snarky teddy bear, but do my best to help/assist as best I can. Forums/social media are often the first place we hear about an issue, and that is where I pop in and learn and get to help (most of the time) fix the problem and get that info back to my team.
In the end people are passionate and I will do my best to be open and honest. What I really like is when I am at an event and I get to meet the folks behind the posts. That is cool.

Matt

CRUSH that forward-facing role!!!

wow.. just wow. So glad Iā€™m moving back to a client facing role šŸ™„

jorbasaurus

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT
Occupation
HRIS Consulting
:)
I have been at this for over a decade and I find myself taking long walks often LOL.
The internet can be a weird/hard place to communicate. And in real life I am a big ol snarky teddy bear, but do my best to help/assist as best I can. Forums/social media are often the first place we hear about an issue, and that is where I pop in and learn and get to help (most of the time) fix the problem and get that info back to my team.
In the end people are passionate and I will do my best to be open and honest. What I really like is when I am at an event and I get to meet the folks behind the posts. That is cool.

Matt

CRUSH that forward-facing role!!!
Great attitude and well said, sir! Hope to see you at an event some time. Thanks again for the u bolt!

HomesteadRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
@RanchoShocks I wish I would have seen this post yesterday (Iā€™m on the Wrangler forum), maybe you could have helped resolve my issue. I bolted up the front glide plate and was about to install the u-bolt and found it to be way to short. Contacted Rancho tech support and they said they had no fix and to return it (returned yesterday). I think the problem with mine was the radius of the glide plate that fits around the back of the differentialā€¦ only 2 tiny points of contact next to the little skid notch not allowing the skid plate to be pushed up. Iā€™m sure I could have made it fit by grinding down the radius but didnā€™t want to ruin the powder coating. Do you know if there are differences in the radius cut in the front glide plate? I really like it and would get another if I knew it would fit better.

FD32FF04-9C7A-48CF-A933-6A7224776585.jpeg

69210DC1-1C98-4DBE-A10C-29D85F1E961B.jpeg

A3912725-E8B9-4F1A-8C9F-A96C98F264B9.jpeg

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
@RanchoShocks I wish I would have seen this post yesterday (Iā€™m on the Wrangler forum), maybe you could have helped resolve my issue. I bolted up the front glide plate and was about to install the u-bolt and found it to be way to short. Contacted Rancho tech support and they said they had no fix and to return it (returned yesterday). I think the problem with mine was the radius of the glide plate that fits around the back of the differentialā€¦ only 2 tiny points of contact next to the little skid notch not allowing the skid plate to be pushed up. Iā€™m sure I could have made it fit by grinding down the radius but didnā€™t want to ruin the powder coating. Do you know if there are differences in the radius cut in the front glide plate? I really like it and would get another if I knew it would fit better.
Post #19 looks like it has the same fitment.

Sponsored

RanchoShocks

Threads
Reaction score
Sharing this with my guys for 2 things:
Let Tech know
Fitment
Maybe Monday on an answer :)

Jeep Gladiator I am 0 for 2 trying to install skid plates A3912725-E8B9-4F1A-8C9F-A96C98F264B9

Jeep Gladiator I am 0 for 2 trying to install skid plates A3912725-E8B9-4F1A-8C9F-A96C98F264B9

HomesteadRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Sharing this with my guys for 2 things:
Let Tech know
Fitment
Maybe Monday on an answer :)
Cool ! Thanks. Just received my rear glide plate today and not sure if I should return that since I donā€™t have a matching front. Hereā€™s a couple more pics to share with Tech.

834AE079-8B6D-47C1-88AD-5232CF8E3962.jpeg

4C402052-EDFE-4ADC-B39E-3D9902FFFE78.jpeg

A2459B18-BA1D-4F17-8FC8-A7BB08CF1F0E.jpeg

RanchoShocks

Threads
Reaction score
What is the part number on that rear by chance?
Front is good too.

Cool ! Thanks. Just received my rear glide plate today and not sure if I should return that since I donā€™t have a matching front. Hereā€™s a couple more pics to share with Tech.

Jeep Gladiator I am 0 for 2 trying to install skid plates A2459B18-BA1D-4F17-8FC8-A7BB08CF1F0E

Jeep Gladiator I am 0 for 2 trying to install skid plates A2459B18-BA1D-4F17-8FC8-A7BB08CF1F0E

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
The issue is the silver bolt vs the bronze bolt. My wife has the bronze bolt on her JL and it fit no problem. Silver bolts came with the skid for my JT and a buddies JL and are too short. How can we go about getting the bronze bolts? Maybe they are zinc coated, not sure.

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Contact Matt above. He got me one the same week I complained contacted him about it.
Sponsored