Sponsored

I did a search, couldn't find this information, winch on a stock Rubicon plastic bumper can it be done?

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Ace it can be done, I’m thinking about doing it on my Mojave using the basic type winch designs like the Warn M8000, and relocate the control box. Looks like it might darn well fit inside the bumper perhaps…..Jack
Jeep Gladiator I did a search, couldn't find this information, winch on a stock Rubicon plastic bumper can it be done? AD1DEBED-AC73-4697-82E7-0026EB53E3F6

K-Dog

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Healthcare
Howdy kevman65,

Thanks for your QUICK and very helpful reply.

Dave
I had one on my JK, very well made and was a easy to install.

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2 Door Sport 6MT & 2022 JT 6MT Sport
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
Howdy Jim,

Being an old retired fart, if I want to do anything I usually have to do it alone or with some other old gimped up guy. I am long past the days when I would purposely go out to see how far I could go before submitting to the "cable". That said 60 years of off roading on dirt bikes, Jeeps and for the last few years hot rod SxS's has taught me that it's a whole lot better to be prepared then it is to depend on someone else to come to your rescue.

AAA isn't going to come to your help on forest service roads or two track trails that may need a 4 or 6 wheel drive wrecker just to get to you, cell phone service even at my home is undependable let alone a few miles from my home up and into the mountains, how many friends could or would drop whatever it is their doing to drive for many miles to drag my butt out? I look at a winch as an insurance policy, you pray you will never need it but if $hit happens and you need it but don't have it, your going to pay for it and the chances that it will cost more then the policy in this case a winch is almost guaranteed.

Dave
Right their with you. Independence and self reliance is huge for me. Warranty and insurance are last reliance to me

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
mr. cob

mr. cob

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mr-cob.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2021, Gladiator, Rubicon, Snazzberry, MANY others
Occupation
retired
My only concern with this setup would be cooling. I pull a trailer A-LOT. That is a ton of cooling surface area to cover up and I’d be curious of the effect it has. Great idea if you could get it to sit lower I’d be all over it like a horny teenager riding a knot hole in a tree.
Howdy John,

I agree, mounting on top of the bumper is going to drastically reduce air flow to your cooling system, as I intend to tow my SxS occasionally, after giving it considerable thought I don't think the RockHard winch mount would work for me.

Dave

OP
OP
mr. cob

mr. cob

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mr-cob.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Howdy Lunentucker,

Thanks for posting that video, do you have any information on that setup such as brand and where to research it?

Dave

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
People Work?
Howdy Lunentucker,

Thanks for posting that video, do you have any information on that setup such as brand and where to research it?

Dave
No. I did check his other videos and there wasn't anymore info. You could possibly post a comment on the video and get some info. I love the idea of having it setup like that, virtually out of sight.

Edit:
Looks like someone already did.
Jeep Gladiator I did a search, couldn't find this information, winch on a stock Rubicon plastic bumper can it be done? markup_866

OP
OP
mr. cob

mr. cob

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mr-cob.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
No. I did check his other videos and there wasn't anymore info. You could possibly post a comment on the video and get some info. I love the idea of having it setup like that, virtually out of sight.

Edit:
Looks like someone already did.
Jeep Gladiator I did a search, couldn't find this information, winch on a stock Rubicon plastic bumper can it be done? markup_866
Howdy Lunentuck,

Thanks for the information, more reading to do. Seems like there are more then a couple of ways to skin this cat.

Dave

Sponsored

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
People Work?
Howdy Lunentuck,

Thanks for the information, more reading to do. Seems like there are more then a couple of ways to skin this cat.

Dave
If you do something like this please document and post with lots of pics. I'm very interested in doing it as well.

OP
OP
mr. cob

mr. cob

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mr-cob.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
If you do something like this please document and post with lots of pics. I'm very interested in doing it as well.
Howdy Lunentucker,

I haven't really done anything to the Gladiator, yet. But if I do something along this line I will document it. If your really BORED, click this link it will take you to my photo web site where you will find documentation of many of the things I have fabricated over the years.

https://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

Dave

Shadowmaker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer
Howdy Jim,

Being an old retired fart, if I want to do anything I usually have to do it alone or with some other old gimped up guy. I am long past the days when I would purposely go out to see how far I could go before submitting to the "cable". That said 60 years of off roading on dirt bikes, Jeeps and for the last few years hot rod SxS's has taught me that it's a whole lot better to be prepared then it is to depend on someone else to come to your rescue.

AAA isn't going to come to your help on forest service roads or two track trails that may need a 4 or 6 wheel drive wrecker just to get to you, cell phone service even at my home is undependable let alone a few miles from my home up and into the mountains, how many friends could or would drop whatever it is their doing to drive for many miles to drag my butt out? I look at a winch as an insurance policy, you pray you will never need it but if $hit happens and you need it but don't have it, your going to pay for it and the chances that it will cost more then the policy in this case a winch is almost guaranteed.

Dave
Fair enough... I'll wheel with an old gimpy friend anytime and tuck my Devil away.

OP
OP
mr. cob

mr. cob

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mr-cob.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Fair enough... I'll wheel with an old gimpy friend anytime and tuck my Devil away.
Howdy Jim,

My screen name, "Mr Cob" was awarded to me over 20 years ago because of an internet exchange on a sport bike forum. After a spirited exchange a fellow forum member replied with "OK your right but you sure are a cob." Being new to all things computer related, I had no idea what many of the acronyms used meant, I replied, "Please excuse my ignorance, enlighten me as to what "cob" means." Stacy replied, "It means "crabby old bastard." I replied with, "Put a Mr. in front of it and you can call me that all day." From that day forward on all the internet forums that I participate in I have been known as "Mr Cob" :LOL:

Dave
Sponsored