Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electronic Manufacturing
2E3668BA-E127-47CA-A908-C77551EAD014.jpeg

Appreciate the design ideas. I have a bit more fan I'm gonna do between the towers. But a huge cost savings. And Scott was great. I just need to find a tonneau cover now. Although I'm considering a diy truck boxes
Just got mine. What paint did you use? Powder coat or spray can? How well is it holding up?
Sponsored

LTCSlacker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (Billet Silver)
Occupation
Military Officer
Just got mine. What paint did you use? Powder coat or spray can? How well is it holding up?
Echo the request on the paint.

I, too, have my parts. I just need to get a couple of mating brackets fabricted to marry up the towers to the Ace Upper Decker. Then I will paint the whole thing and mount it.

Roguesalt

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thought Provoker
Vehicle Showcase
SO as far as painting i roughed u0p the steel and this I primes and bedliner spray can. its holding up so far.

TapperMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
This looks just about perfect for my needs. Thanks for doing all the legwork. On a side note, the cover can be rolled much tighter/smaller if you fold the first latching section in half. It rolls down about a good 4" lower.
Here's the rack completed...

Cargo basket mounted to the Superstrut cross rails. You can see the factory tonneau cover rolls all the way open!

8 bolts and the whole thing comes off and gets stored for the next trip...
bedrack-13-jpeg.jpg

BedRack - 12.jpeg

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
On a side note, the cover can be rolled much tighter/smaller if you fold the first latching section in half.
Thank you! I kept the cover down all winter and it’s been bugging me why it seemed larger now that the suns out. I can’t believe I had forgotten that. #littlethings

Sponsored

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Have the brackets been updated to work with the factory tonneau cover? These are exactly what I'm looking for.

bheath-atx

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electronic Manufacturing
Have the brackets been updated to work with the factory tonneau cover? These are exactly what I'm looking for.
No, and Scott is not sure when they will have time to do it.

LTCSlacker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (Billet Silver)
Occupation
Military Officer
So I finally got my brackets fabricated for my Ace Upper Decker.

I still need to prime and paint the whole set-up (bars, towers, hardware), but here is a pic for now.

The Custom Camping Concepts towers (with cross bars)have been welded to a bracket that attaches into the Ace Upper Decker. Total overkill, but each bracket has 4 bolts on top going into the Decker, and 3 (with washers) in the side holes. It is not going anywhere.

When I reinstall, I will probably not even use all of the bolts - depends on how long it takes me to put them on and take them off!

Once I prime and paint, I'll be getting a Roof Top Tent for this, but I'd also be able to use a Roof basket, or anythign I want with those bars.

Jeep Gladiator I'm building my idea of a perfect (for me) Gladiator rack Jeep with Decker and Bars.JPG

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
No, and Scott is not sure when they will have time to do it.
Last week I received an email from Scott Chaney and here's what he said...

Heads up, turns out the brackets do clear the factory tonneau covers.
Regards,
Scott

Here's a pic of his brackets - lower and upper bolted together with a strut crossbar...

dsc_0015-jpg.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase

bheath-atx

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electronic Manufacturing
Last week I received an email from Scott Chaney and here's what he said...

Heads up, turns out the brackets do clear the factory tonneau covers.
Regards,
Scott

Here's a pic of his brackets - lower and upper bolted together with a strut crossbar...

Jeep Gladiator I'm building my idea of a perfect (for me) Gladiator rack dsc_0015-
I think he is referring to the pics I sent him of mine. I am going to shorten the bolts and reverse them, but was pretty happy with the fit otherwise. The ends of the bolts catch on the gasket of the cover, so it makes it harder than it will be when reversed and could damage it over time. I could also just go shorter screw and find rubber cap for the screw.

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think he is referring to the pics I sent him of mine. I am going to shorten the bolts and reverse them, but was pretty happy with the fit otherwise. The ends of the bolts catch on the gasket of the cover, so it makes it harder than it will be when reversed and could damage it over time. I could also just go shorter screw and find rubber cap for the screw.

Yeah, shorter bolts would make a difference. That's what I used. They catch on the tonneau a little which isn't an issue at all

bheath-atx

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electronic Manufacturing
Yeah, shorter bolts would make a difference. That's what I used. They catch on the tonneau a little which isn't an issue at all
That's why I am thinking about reversing them, so it hits the bolt head instead of the threads and nut. Think that will be better?

OP
OP
WhatExit?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's why I am thinking about reversing them, so it hits the bolt head instead of the threads and nut. Think that will be better?

Yes but I like the look of the bolt heads (I painted mine) on the outside - much cleaner. I went with shorter bolts
Sponsored