Gladiatorsurfergirl

First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stingray Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
@Gladiatorsurfergirl take a moment to review this post from Rick:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...ubicon-skid-plate-on-sport.26170/#post-429924

You should make sure those brackets come off when your new steel bumper skid plate goes on. You won't need them (in fact they get in the way) and the person who you sell your plastic bumper and skid plate to will appreciate having those brackets as part of the package.
Thank you! I emailed Travis last night and asked him for the skid plate and brackets that give the plastic bumper. We shall see what he says. This was really informative though so I appreciate it very much.

GladiatoRic

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Crap, didn’t realize there is a rear bracket. Explains the rear holes! Do you have the part number or link to the rear bracket?
Ok finally got the back brackets, rivet nuts all in and installed. Turns out I had the skid plate on backwards! There should be a gap between the back of the plastic rubicon bumper and the front of the metal skid plate. Thanks for all the info!

979111DE-721A-4961-86E0-C9DFCF2E01DF.jpeg

C79FF127-0BC0-4BE5-8FAF-11227B63EDFE.jpeg

Gladiatorsurfergirl

First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey @Gladiatorsurfergirl (Nikki) love to know how much Travis charges you for the bumper, skid plate and brackets. Thanks
Hi Jake: That all came included in the price of my truck. I had him install the steel bumper as an upgrade once it arrived at the dealership. So, I currently have the stock bumper, skid plate and brackets and will be posting them for sale in the next week or two to recoup some of the cost in the steel bumper upgrade.

Sponsored

Gladiatorsurfergirl

First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi guys: Is this all of the hardware necessary to install the stock Rubi plastic bumper and skid plate? I want to sell this as a package, but definitely don't want to misrepresent anything if something is missing. If you get a second, please let me know. Thanks.

IMG_1533.jpg

OP
OP
natepdx

natepdx

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S - Sting Gray
Looks like you're missing one of the sets of brackets - the skid plate installs with two brackets on each side. (See GladiatoRic picture above)

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Hi Jake: That all came included in the price of my truck. I had him install the steel bumper as an upgrade once it arrived at the dealership. So, I currently have the stock bumper, skid plate and brackets and will be posting them for sale in the next week or two to recoup some of the cost in the steel bumper upgrade.
Looks like you're missing one of the sets of brackets - the skid plate installs with two brackets on each side. (See GladiatoRic picture above)
@natepdx is correct, it is missing the back brackets that they re-used on your steel bumper, the hardware for the same and the plastic push rivets for the filler panel.

Gladiatorsurfergirl

First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I was taking the brackets in the picture off, I saw another set of brackets, but I left them on because I wasn't sure if I'd still need them to install the skid plate that goes with the steel bumper (right now I just had the steel bumper installed without the skid plate). I'm going to try to install the skid plate myself, but I still need to order it, and figure out what i need for it hardware wise. Do you happen to know?

Gladiatorsurfergirl

First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@natepdx is correct, it is missing the back brackets that they re-used on your steel bumper, the hardware for the same and the plastic push rivets for the filler panel.
Thanks for the info. Ok, well I just won't say that everything needed is included then. Do you know if I will need the filler panel when I install the skid plate that goes with the steel bumper?

Sponsored

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Thanks for the info. Ok, well I just won't say that everything needed is included then. Do you know if I will need the filler panel when I install the skid plate that goes with the steel bumper?
The filler panel for the steel bumper is a different piece than the filler panel for the PPOS. If you are going to mount a winch, don't waste any time or money on filler panels because none of them will work with a winch.

Gladiatorsurfergirl

First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The filler panel for the steel bumper is a different piece than the filler panel for the PPOS. If you are going to mount a winch, don't waste any time or money on filler panels because none of them will work with a winch.
Hi Bruce! Thank you for your response. Yes I actually found your other thread about installing the steel bumper skid plate and learned so much. it all was very helpful. THANK YOU! I am actually going to order all of the parts I need now. :)

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Hi Bruce! Thank you for your response. Yes I actually found your other thread about installing the steel bumper skid plate and learned so much. it all was very helpful. THANK YOU! I am actually going to order all of the parts I need now. :)
Yes Ma'am, glad it helped you.

The few parts that are missing are inexpensive, good luck selling your take off parts.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I need a little clarity because someone told me yesterday all I needed was the brackets I have. I am about to install one of these skids on my JT sport and want to make sure I got everything. Pictures included if what mine looks like with the plastic skid removed, also do i need to remove the black aluminum piece behind the plastic skid. Thanks for any help

Jeep Gladiator Installing Stock Rubicon Skid Plate on Sport IMG_20200524_094204
Jeep Gladiator Installing Stock Rubicon Skid Plate on Sport IMG_20200524_094155
Jeep Gladiator Installing Stock Rubicon Skid Plate on Sport IMG_20200524_094253
Jeep Gladiator Installing Stock Rubicon Skid Plate on Sport IMG_20200524_102949

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
The black aluminum piece provides the brackets and support for the plastic air dam. I believe that needs to come off to install the Rubicon skid plate. I had to remove it from my Overland when I installed a front hitch receiver.
Sponsored