Sponsored

Guntar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK RHD (wife's mail vehicle) 2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
N/a
Hi all. Here is some information that might help explain the issues with FedEx, UPS, and USPS.
My Son works for UPS as a driver, my wife works for USPS as rural carrier (with her RHD Jeep JK).

Fedex Ground is not really Fedex as we used to know it. FedEx ground is made up of the old Airborne, DHL, and a few others. FedEx ground are all contractors, The Drivers don't work for FedEX. They don't have to deliver packages according to normal (Real) FedEx rules. Most Contractors who have a given area suck all across USA. There are several reasons for this. Some contractors just suck and don't give a shit. Others have employees who don't give a shit. Lastly (for my area) they don't have enough people willing to work and fill empty positions.

I should also say FedEx Ground does have good contractors who care.
My son is a UPS driver in ND not Vermont. My wife works In VT for USPS.

UPS, has issues with not enough people, drivers, sorters, and others to get the product to you fast enough.

USPS just doesn't have enough employees to back fill all positions. So, basically this one is a common theme with all three companies.

Right here in my wife's office they have about 7 open spots. Most are full time. A rural carrier just quit Saturday. Said the work was to hard for her. She was full time and young. Not judging here. I have worked as a rural carrier. Let's just say it wasn't the hardest work I have done.

FedEx and UPS broth are handing off more and more to the USPS (last mile its called). It makes it easier for them, harder for USPS.

Right now if you wanted a decent job you probably could work for USPS or UPS and retire in 25ish years with a pension and 401K. KIds don't look at either as enough money for them... However, I speak from experience the money is good and so are benefits. But, what do I know. I am sure others here could address this as well.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Fedex called me yesterday to tell me to be sure to be home as the package required 21-over signature. Never showed. Tracking said "delivery by end of day," until the end of the day when it changed to "unknown." Today it is supposedly going to be delivered...maybe.

HopSlammer

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
FedEx absolutely blows. If the sender mails it with no signature required, FedEx drivers will throw it in the gutter 12 houses down in the pouring rain. That’s only a slight exaggeration. USPS delivery is decent but takes 2+ weeks from the day the package was stamped, even via Priority Mail. That leaves UPS as the only service worth a damn in my area. Others experience might differ but that’s mine.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DankjeeP

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
Fedex called me yesterday to tell me to be sure to be home as the package required 21-over signature. Never showed. Tracking said "delivery by end of day," until the end of the day when it changed to "unknown." Today it is supposedly going to be delivered...maybe.
what's up with 21+? getting some really good scotch delivered? or...another delay tactic?

OP
OP
DankjeeP

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
FedEx absolutely blows. If the sender mails it with no signature required, FedEx drivers will throw it in the gutter 12 houses down in the pouring rain. That’s only a slight exaggeration. USPS delivery is decent but takes 2+ weeks from the day the package was stamped, even via Priority Mail. That leaves UPS as the only service worth a damn in my area. Others experience might differ but that’s mine.
I hear ya, seems like UPS is still solid in my area too, but others are seeing issues apparently. Hopefully it all gets worked out soon. Slam some hops and get on with it lol :beer::beer:

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
FedEx told me I had a package being delivered today. It was actually delivered 3 days ago. They've been really messed up lately.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
what's up with 21+? getting some really good scotch delivered? or...another delay tactic?
Heh, yes. Some really excellent Scotch, some mediocre Scotch, and some great rum. I found a place that sells certain liquor items at crazy low prices.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
FedEx!

When it absolutely, positively, has to get there overnight, sometimes, mostly, kinda, nah not so much.
Their new motto should be when it has to be there over night.... Not a chance maybe next month.
I'm pissed off by quite a few shipping company's as of late. FedEx should be renamed Fed Excuse. My most recent one should have been delivered to me yesterday after first delivery date change now listed as 3 April 🙄 to be delivered. The package was in Mt. Vernon IL. 3 days ago now in South MS. to be delivered to N. AL.
Some years back I had a package shipped by FedEx that the delivery person listed the package as "refused delivery" to my work. At the time I was working the desk where the ass clown had to drop it off at. The company I ordered from then refused return delivery my only recourse was though my C.C. company.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mooseknuckle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S
Occupation
Waterman/ Man of the sea
Had 5 gallons of 15w40 delivered from Walmart online yesterday. Fed Ex left it on my porch knowing they had ruptured one of the 2.5 gallon jugs. Oil everywhere. Thats the second time in 6 months they did that. You'd think I'd learn.

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
Weather plays a big part. It caused this delay. Icy roads and you can’t get going. ...

OP
OP
DankjeeP

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
Weather plays a big part. It caused this delay. Icy roads and you can’t get going. ...
WTF? There were no signals, the gates were up, that train was going very fast for the area etc. So many things wrong in that incident.
I'm not saying there aren't legitimate delays, especially when you get weird storms in the south etc..
But I know for a fact that they are full of it when they claim "shipping exception - weather delay" when my package is 20 miles from me and it's a perfectly nice 80* day.

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
WTF? There were no signals, the gates were up, that train was going very fast for the area etc. So many things wrong in that incident.
I'm not saying there aren't legitimate delays, especially when you get weird storms in the south etc..
But I know for a fact that they are full of it when they claim "shipping exception - weather delay" when my package is 20 miles from me and it's a perfectly nice 80* day.
“Weather delay” is a nice worry free way of saying “something very VERY Bad happened to your package”

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I know a Fed X delivery driver very well. I will ask him about the Weather Delay delay when it’s been nice out and see what the meriad of reasons could be.
Sponsored