Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
Packaging can really make the difference, and should be more than an afterthought, especially something big and heavy like this or bumpers, etc.... But, playing devils advocate here, the shippers should take better care also.
Sponsored

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
I don’t know how FedX trains it’s people but I just lost a NOS rear window for a classic Porsche to these asshats. Window was packaged appropriately in a crate visibly marked fragile/glass. Looks like a forklift just ran it over. Unbelievable. So frustrating. Yet they charge these incredible fees.
uggh!
And it was a nice sunny day too.

OP
OP
DankjeeP

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
And it was a nice sunny day too.
Wife and went up to San Clemente yesterday to do some horse trading with Bumpy. There was an eighteen wheeler right next to us that had a tire blow out. I think some pieces may have hit us but we were able to get over before any thing serious hit us. Scary none the less.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
So not only did FedEx manage to bend that GenRight slider, but I sent it back to GenRight via FedEx at GenRight's expense so they could fix it... and FedEx managed to LOSE a 120# 8' long box. It hasn't been scanned in a week after it arrived at the main hub. Hopefully it's sitting there but holy hell FedEx is just the absolute worst at what they do.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I had that happen with a package for work. It was a small 3lb, Standard Overnight box. It was scanned after arrival at the hub, and then disappeared. It was scanned again about two weeks later, and continued on to its destination with no explanation.

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I had that happen with a package for work. It was a small 3lb, Standard Overnight box. It was scanned after arrival at the hub, and then disappeared. It was scanned again about two weeks later, and continued on to its destination with no explanation.
I had that happen with a phone, and then other things have gone ghost and then found. I am hoping this is just an issue of they couldn't fit the box on the trucks they had, like 1 box or 20 boxes... but they gotta send the freaking thing if that's the case

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
Sketchy business/delivery tactics to say the least. But, obviously we're at their mercy.

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
One in the win column for FEDEX.
I ordered a pair of tube doors Friday at noon. I took the free shipping option.
FEDEX picked them up at 3 PM on Friday.
They hit my porch this afternoon.
The "nay" column is still pretty long.
But at least they're not getting shut out.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I've had a few delivery issues with FedEx over the years, but they have always been pretty good and reliable for me. The biggest problem, with any of the carriers, is shipments that are poorly prepared and not packaged properly.

I had a FedEx delivery a couple summers ago where the driver reported he was unable to locate the address. I talked to a local station agent and told her we had been here about 20 years, the house had been here at least 35 years, and we regularly received FedEx shipments. She looked up the address and couldn't see why there was a problem. The package showed up the next day, with a Google photo of the house taped to the box.

Last edited:

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
They earned the nickname FedUP for a reason. They're absolute garbage. They have a terrible tracking system, they hire the least qualified drivers they can find, they're unreliable, unprofessional, and just an utter PITA.

It's gotten to the point where when I order things online I specifically ask if they ship via FedUP. If the answer is yes I shop elsewhere.

Sponsored

kchumeam

First Name
kchum eam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
x5
Occupation
Business
I only used the services at FedEx about two times and how strange it would be, but there were some defects both times, and the order arrived much harder. Both my friends and I had the same problems. The tracking site didn't work very well, and I just had to wait for the package. Since then, I have been using DHL and lasership delivery tracking services. Even lasership is much better sometimes than DHL. I never had a problem, and it always arrived on time. From wherever I ordered, I followed the package with the help of their website.

Last edited:

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver