First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
I'm not saying there aren't legitimate delays, especially when you get weird storms in the south etc..
But I know for a fact that they are full of it when they claim "shipping exception - weather delay" when my package is 20 miles from me and it's a perfectly nice 80* day.
So here is the real world answer(s) about the “Weather Delay” delay on a nice day. It’s very possible the driver took time off during his/her delivery day to enjoy the weather and have a mental health ‘time out’. That speaks of the needs and character of the drivers.

Another reason is a “form provided reason” the driver inputs into the carryon gadget when a package isn’t delivered.

The FedX delivery individual I know starts the day going to the depot where the vehicles are loaded up and delivery coordinents are provided for what ever section of the city that person is working. On a good day, he can deliver up to 80+ packages.

He has sat around during a delivery because the vehicle has broke down or the gadget has died and either the vehicle then has to be towed back or he has to drive back and get another gadget that works., and then bad weather (which you’re not having) can also play a roll when the FedX loading depot up here in Canada is shut down to a crawl because of a bad weather delay down at the main depot in the states where they recently had the winter blast, freezing temps, flooding and the 400,000 packages processed a day is shut down so where you are seeing nice beautiful weather where you are could be drastically different in the process line somewhere else.
Delivery vehicles have to be maintained but if half the mechanics are on covid leave and the other half can’t get parts due to covid delays and planes can’t fly those packages cuz they’re broke and grounded, it’s just a big shit show.

But then it’s also possible a package or two can be lost or the address has been rubbed off or customs wreaked the labeling somehow...etc. You get the picture.

We are forced to deal with being mad and impatient and we want what we want when we want... I’ll bet you’ll get yours...just not in due time
Sponsored

OP
OP
DankjeeP

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
“Weather delay” is a nice worry free way of saying “something very VERY Bad happened to your package”
Not necessarily. I did finally rcv my packages, undamaged, but a few days later. I think it's just at least "dishonest" on their part to use this excuse for them being backed up or whatever. They could just put "we are really backed up and there is no room on the truck for your package" or some other "reason" :LOL:

Puch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Electronics technician
Seems like every package I track through fedex these days has a shipping exception due to weather. I don't think there was any severe weather in Texas yesterday, but I could be wrong.

Friday, March 19, 2021
8:00 AMShipment exception Weather delay
12:11 AMNEEDLES, CAIn transit
Thursday, March 18, 2021
1:07 PMGALLUP, NMIn transit
8:02 AMShipment exception Weather delay
2:03 AMPANHANDLE, TXIn transit
I deal with FedEx at work. The worst customer service on the planet. Currently I have two packages coming. One from the west and one from the east. I live in the east and both say delays due to weather. I don’t even try to call them anymore.

OP
OP
DankjeeP

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
So here is the real world answer(s) about the “Weather Delay” delay on a nice day. It’s very possible the driver took time off during his/her delivery day to enjoy the weather and have a mental health ‘time out’. That speaks of the needs and character of the drivers.

Another reason is a “form provided reason” the driver inputs into the carryon gadget when a package isn’t delivered.

The FedX delivery individual I know starts the day going to the depot where the vehicles are loaded up and delivery coordinents are provided for what ever section of the city that person is working. On a good day, he can deliver up to 80+ packages.

He has sat around during a delivery because the vehicle has broke down or the gadget has died and either the vehicle then has to be towed back or he has to drive back and get another gadget that works., and then bad weather (which you’re not having) can also play a roll when the FedX loading depot up here in Canada is shut down to a crawl because of a bad weather delay down at the main depot in the states where they recently had the winter blast, freezing temps, flooding and the 400,000 packages processed a day is shut down so where you are seeing nice beautiful weather where you are could be drastically different in the process line somewhere else.
Delivery vehicles have to be maintained but if half the mechanics are on covid leave and the other half can’t get parts due to covid delays and planes can’t fly those packages cuz they’re broke and grounded, it’s just a big shit show.

But then it’s also possible a package or two can be lost or the address has been rubbed off or customs wreaked the labeling somehow...etc. You get the picture.

We are forced to deal with being mad and impatient and we want what we want when we want... I’ll bet you’ll get yours...just not in due time
Vehicle and gadget issues fall into the "poor management" category IMHO. Just sayin'!
I'm not "mad or impatient" per se, just don't like being lied to, as I was at least TWICE on the last shipment. Maybe it's a semantics thing, but I'm not the only one that is annoyed obviously.
Honesty is the best policy.

EDIT: and as others have pointed out, you are paying for one thing and getting something completely different, and have no recourse, well you can see why people are annoyed... case in point
I paid for 2 day shipping and got it in 10 days... no excuse given. It even showed the package being out for delivery twice on the tracker then it showed the package returned to the depot then out again.

Customer service online and on the phone was useless. All I got was that's all the info we have. Not even a sorry.

Took me 20 minutes just to get thru the computer system that did everything to not get you to a live person. Hung up on me a few times too after saying thank you after I tried to maneuver the system.

Worst experience ever.

Last edited:

Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
I have a Gazelle tent on order. It was supposed to be delivered 3/24.

Jeep Gladiator Is FedEx full of it? Screenshot_20210328-203312_Chrome
This one isn't FedEx's fault, I've seen this trick several times in the past year.

Vendor creates the shipping label through the FedEx system to make it appear the package is on the way. Then there is no movement for a week or so. Call the vendor and I bet they tell you they haven't received it yet to ship to you.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
FedEx worked extra hard to bend this in shipping. GenRight is going to pay to send this back to them (luckily just inside CA) and build me a new one.

Jeep Gladiator Is FedEx full of it? 1617844427491

OP
OP
DankjeeP

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
FedEx worked extra hard to bend this in shipping. GenRight is going to pay to send this back to them (luckily just inside CA) and build me a new one.

Jeep Gladiator Is FedEx full of it? 1617844427491
Nice rails! Good to hear it is being made right. How was the packaging job?

Sponsored

Moab

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Jeep Gladiator Overland, ‘17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, ‘73 Porsche 914-6 GT,
I don’t know how FedX trains it’s people but I just lost a NOS rear window for a classic Porsche to these asshats. Window was packaged appropriately in a crate visibly marked fragile/glass. Looks like a forklift just ran it over. Unbelievable. So frustrating. Yet they charge these incredible fees.
uggh!

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
UPS managed to run over one of the old, huge, and "indestructible" Mac Pros many years ago. They first tried to claim it was not packaged correctly. Look dude, there are actual tire marks on it. Those machines were stupidly solid and heavy, we used them as step stools all the time.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
that was probably the issue, big box with just paper packing, didnt have that expanding foam packs
FedEx did not package your item. Using paper to 'protect' a heavy metal item is a poor decision. Paper is for packing shirts and whatever. Call out who is truly responsible here.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
FedEx did not package your item. Using paper to 'protect' a heavy metal item is a poor decision. Paper is for packing shirts and whatever. Call out who is truly responsible here.
They should be able to ship something as strong as this with minimal packing. It took an immense amount of force to bend it, force that shouldn't ever be applied to any of their packages. Def FedEx's fault. This wasn't a lamp.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Packaging also matters. I feel like this shouldn't bend, but also being heavy and sticking out may make a big difference. My Ace rails came with foam around each end, the middle, and around each of the support "legs."
Sponsored