Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
He means the extended Saddle colour like the JKs.

I'm curious if this will be true. Yes, I understand the JL came out in 2018 MY and the JT was a 2020 MY, but I'm betting mid-model refreshes will be at the same time for both.
JL and JT are built in different plants, so at the moment there really is little pressure to update both at the same time.

This could change, though, once Tavares becomes CEO. He is a hawk for quality improvement and cost reduction. The more parts that are shared across vehicles sold, the lower the complexity, resulting in greater opportunities for improved quality at a lower cost.

The question is how long will it be until Tavares starts having an impact on JL/JT production.
Sponsored

shyoung1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave(SOLD) 2023 F350 Superduty
What I did was not wait to enjoy what I want today. You never know what tomorrow holds. At my age I could die anytime without warning just like that. Lost many friends who died unexpectedly before their time.

I got my 2017 JKU knowing the JL will be out next year but I didn't care. I enjoyed my JKU immensely for 3 years and now I got my 2021 JTSS. I love it and I've had a lot of fun driving it around town. If I want the new one with enough upgrades to make it worth getting, I'll get it if it comes to that point.

Thing is, life is short. Deprive yourself for an uncertain future just means you live without for that much longer while burning time on your finite lifespan. I chose to live it up within reasonable means and enjoy it.
You are absolutely correct!
I am on, I think, my 10th Jeep, and I could never imagine the long way they have come from my 64 CJ5 4cyl!

Put enough money down that you’re not under water, then you can always sell or trade if something better meets your fancy.

I’m 68, just picked up my JT last Thursday, and the last thing I told my salesman was, ”if they put the V8 in these I might see you in a year or two”.
But, so far this 3.6 auto with 4.10 gears feels pretty good!

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
I thought the 3.6L had always been a good motor and it's definitely no slouch in the Charger. The 5 speed auto in the JKU let it down but in the JT with the 8 speed, it actually is geared pretty well and feels way peppier in the low gears and very comfortable cruising in the high gears.

The stock payload of 1,600 pounds with 7,000 pounds towing capacity exceeds what I'll ever do with it since I don't haul big people or a lot of gear.

Burton79

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT
Occupation
Federal Government
In my humble opinion I don’t think we’ll see a drastic design change anytime soon in the JK or JT lines, sure minor updates here and there but the way it’s set up don’t expect a giant Uconnect 12.0 or anything like that. As far as the Saddle color is concerned, like others before me stated, it’s available currently, but in the event it is not when you are ready there is Katskinz that have the saddle color available at all times it seems. Their prices are comparable to leather from the factory and they are great quality too.
The Uconnect 5 may be offered eventually, more than likely you’ll be able to swap out the 4 for the 5 if FCA ever makes one for Jeep. It will probably update to mimic the 5 though is what I see happening.

I waited for the second year model, note the TSB issues, and Locker Issues in the forum, that will hopefully be addressed while my Porkchop Express is being built. Just think about what you want most out of the Jeep and when you are ready to buy or build, you’ll have yours.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I'm curious if this will be true. Yes, I understand the JL came out in 2018 MY and the JT was a 2020 MY, but I'm betting mid-model refreshes will be at the same time for both.
Could be. Who knows? But I remember Dodge updated the Durango a year before the Dakota. Back in 2005. Might not be at all relevant.

Sponsored

OP
OP
869 KPH

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
Still hoping that by the time MY 2022 ordering opens up we'll know more about whether or not MY 2023 will be anything special.
I don't want to poke holes in your hopes and dreams but since we couldn't even get a towing capacity for the diesel in July, mere weeks before you could order one, I doubt there will be any info on the 2023 line up until late in the 2022 year. We didn't even see the 2021 color line up until about June or so.
I ordered my Gobi two days after they started accepting orders and that was only because my salesman was off and the manager wouldn't submit my order without him. I have zero regrets and am glad I didn't wait. I also made no compromises and got everything I wanted.

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Not sure if its been mentioned, but keep in mind COVID-19 has impacted the global supply chain and many model revisions / mid-cycle refreshes have been pushed back. Example: Acura pushed back the new MDX release to 2022 and is skipping the 2021 model year altogether.

And the nice aspect of the Wrangler / Gladiator is that you can be assured that it's going to "look" very similar for many years to come. The 7 slotted grille, round headlights, and block taillights is a proven formula that has staying power. The leather and infotainment concerns (as others have mentioned) can be quelled by aftermarket or Mopar options.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
And the nice aspect of the Wrangler / Gladiator is that you can be assured that it's going to "look" very similar for many years to come. The 7 slotted grille, round headlights, and block taillights is a proven formula that has staying power.
I am wondering how far "out" the style department thinks. For example, the JL brought back the two-angle grille of the TJ, combined with the swerve around headlight from earlier CJs.. Will the nextgen after JL/JT emulate the mono-slope JK grille design?

mfreitas

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
You are dealing with a truly ancient problem.

"Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good"
  • Voltaire: “The best is the enemy of the good.”
  • Confucius: "Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without."
  • Shakespeare: “Striving to better, oft we mar what's well.”
I love my 2020 Rubicon. I found a dealer to give me the exact trim and options I wanted. Sure, it would be nice to have some of the 2021 additions like realtime 4WD and sometime in the future have U5 with wireless car play. But none of those were reasons important to my decision to buy a gladiator.

Pull the trigger, move on and enjoy your "good" decision.

M

Sponsored

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
The gladiator should be getting the E torque at some point. V8 ? Sweet
V8. Yeah probably but who the Hell is going to be able to afford one but rappers and the ones with a golden spoon after all the markups and other BS. You can 3 for what these will ever actually come out costing!

Etorque. Pass!
Just not ready for this electric era. I'm sure anyone in Texas right now with a electric vehicle wishes they had a gasser. Yeah I know it's a hybrid were talking about but give it a few more years with everyone drinking the electric koolaid and the hybrid will be no longer. Not joining the club!

Gladman

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland High Altitude Diesel
Occupation
Retired
We seem to be lagging behind about a year on everything so far. Between the diesel, 392, and possibly the 4xe. I think we will see if we are on par with the other 2 releases or how far we lag behind and that will tell us when our model refreshes will be coming in terms of time apart.

Also, as someone to your South, it disturbs me that you included the "u" in color :P
Well someone knows correct English. That’s an improvement!:clap:

DaioRider

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Years ago, when PCs were moving into everyone's home, a friend asked what he should buy. I told him to make a list of what he and his family wanted to do with it. With that list decide which one met his needs and budget and then buy it. Then, once he bought, don't look back because it would just piss him off since he'd almost immediately find one with more features for less money.

Whether it's cars, trucks, motorcycles, PCs or any other 'tech', there will always be something newer, better, bigger or different we think we need/want.
Sponsored