Sponsored

Is the Willys model worth it?

Jeep24MA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I know cosmetically it looks awesome and that’s the one I’m leaning towards getting (my Hydroblue Sport S fell through this past weekend), but from what I read you get better shocks, rock rails and a bunch of cosmetic things, but for an almost 6K package is it worth it? Am I missing some stuff? I know it has the tech and convenience packages, but those are usually included in most packages. But I guess the Sport S package is $3,200 and by the time you add wheels and tires and rails you’re approaching Willys status. Don’t mind me, just thinking out loud before I make a purchase. Any help would be awesome! Thanks!
Sponsored

Walldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Not sure what all is included in the Willys package as opposed to the Sport S. But you can pick up Rubi take off shocks, springs, rock rails, wheels and tires allot cheaper from Craigslist than the Willys package price. JMO

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
The rims and tires on the willys are really nice. Plus, don’t you get limited slip diffs? Or something like that. If I didn’t have the rubicon, the Willy version would be my second pick. I just dig it.

OP
OP

Jeep24MA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
The rims and tires on the willys are really nice. Plus, don’t you get limited slip diffs? Or something like that. If I didn’t have the rubicon, the Willy version would be my second pick. I just dig it.
Yes! Good call. Forgot that. You get the anti-slip diff. So it’s adding up! I think it may be worth it

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Saw one at the dealer yesterday, Wal-Mart bluw...no leather, no bed liner, no lockers (obviously)....51.5K MSRP. I paid less than that for a Rubicon.

Sponsored

speedracer0481

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland (lemon law), 2021 JTR (on order!), 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7
Yes! Good call. Forgot that. You get the anti-slip diff. So it’s adding up! I think it may be worth it
the anti slip diff is rear only though, right?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
ONLY YOU can determine if it's worth it. NO ONE ELSE!
All you will get are opinions based on their experiences and preferences.
If you base your decision on the opinions or preferences of others, why not let them choose your clothes, the color of your car, the type of home you live in, etc.

You have to come up with your criteria - what's important to YOU, not what's important to a neighbor or friend (if married, you may want to check with significant other, partner, whatever)

otherwise, you will get what others think based on their circumstances, whether or not they will tow what they will tow, if they live in mountains, or the plains of NE or KS, their climate, their style of driving and whether or not they plan on keeping it 3 years or 30 years.

Make a list- what's important to you, how will you use it, where you live, what you may or may not haul or tow, whether you care about resale later (I NEVER BUY based on later resale - that can change several times before you decide to trade or sell!)

So, you are asking others to choose your new truck for you......

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jeep24MA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
ONLY YOU can determine if it's worth it. NO ONE ELSE!
All you will get are opinions based on their experiences and preferences.
If you base your decision on the opinions or preferences of others, why not let them choose your clothes, the color of your car, the type of home you live in, etc.

You have to come up with your criteria - what's important to YOU, not what's important to a neighbor or friend (if married, you may want to check with significant other, partner, whatever)

otherwise, you will get what others think based on their circumstances, whether or not they will tow what they will tow, if they live in mountains, or the plains of NE or KS, their climate, their style of driving and whether or not they plan on keeping it 3 years or 30 years.

Make a list- what's important to you, how will you use it, where you live, what you may or may not haul or tow, whether you care about resale later (I NEVER BUY based on later resale - that can change several times before you decide to trade or sell!)

So, you are asking others to choose your new truck for you......
Let’s dial it back a bit. Lol. Was just looking for opinions if people thought it was worth it to buy the Willys package or upgrade things little by little on their own. Not life or death or anything. Don’t need anyone picking my clothes for me or calling my best friends wife. I’m good. Although my best friends wife is cute...

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
The max tow has the LSD. Also 4.10 gears, and then you can equip it with those package options with the "popular equipment package" available on any trim.
The radio screen size isn't mentioned, so that would be interesting to know.

ratherbskiing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUWD
On the JLU, Willys come with better shocks and LED headlights.

On the JT Willys I do not believe the LEDs are included.

On that note, are we sure that the shocks are actually upgraded on the JT Willys? I'd love to know for sure.

Discount Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee and 2021 jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Electrician at FCA
do the mud tires drive good on the hiway??just wondering
Sponsored