Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Jeep brand director, Scott Tallon, told the media at the Detroit Auto Show that the Gladiator is on schedule to hit showrooms by the end of June. Article below.

Two months after reveal, Jeep Gladiator still generating hype

YOY6PWXXRBHJFE7YGPDCBKPO3A.png.jpeg

TOLEDO (WTOL) - It’s been nearly two months since WTOL was the only station in Los Angeles bringing you coverage of the unveiling of the brand new Jeep Gladiator pickup truck.

Since then, it's generated a lot of hype, but Monday was the first day the truck was shown off locally at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

For the truck’s lead exterior designer, Taylor Langhals, it’s been an emotional few weeks.

"It all makes it worth it when I get to see someone smile when they see the new Jeep truck pull up," Langhals said.

ZE5ZU5BHWJEPRJDYKZQAICG7HA.png.jpeg

Langhals hasn't stopped smiling from cheek-to-cheek since we saw him out west for the reveal of this truck. It's a personal point of pride. Taylor grew up in the Toledo area and much of his family still lives here. That's what made a trip back home after the unveiling so special. He brought along his blood, sweat and tears.

“It was so cool,” he said. “Like, as soon as I crossed the Ohio line, phones came out, cameras came out. I got to take it and show it to friends and family and it was a very exciting experience. Emotional, humbling. It's been great."

From a broader perspective, Jeep brand director Scott Tallon said the truck is right on pace to hit showrooms by the end of June. However, there's still no price tag.

"The early indication in demand is exceptionally strong,” Tallon said. “It's exceeded our expectations. So overwhelmingly positive and so we're just excited now to focus on getting it to market, which we'll do here in the second quarter of this year."

As for what's next, Langhals wouldn’t let up on the “secret,” suggesting the public stays tuned for any future announcement.

Hopefully it’s one worth waiting for.

http://www.wtol.com/2019/01/14/two-months-after-reveal-jeep-gladiator-still-generating-hype/
Sponsored

mfran12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport
I wonder if orders still start in March. March to end if June is a pretty big gap. Maybe end of June for dealer orders for their lots. And what about pricing. And there’s a secret announcement?? Man this just makes waiting even harder and more anxious.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I thought it was coming out around the end of April (at the end of the second quarter of this year). Coming out at the end of June is 2 months later. And at the end of June is almost at the beginning of July which is the third quarter of this year. Wonder what gives here.

Sponsored

Malarkey21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1993 BMW 325is, 2016 Triumph Street Twin
I thought it was coming out around the end of April (at the end of the second quarter of this year). Coming out at the end of June is 2 months later. And at the end of June is almost at the beginning of July which is the third quarter of this year. Wonder what gives here.
Its automotive industry logic, sorry for that. If you release it on the last day of June, at 11:59 PM, its technically still released in Q2.

The target timing plan probably includes a few weeks baked in for delays or if issues pop up. If things go smooth it could be sooner I'm guessing.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Keep pushing it back. I don't mind the extra time to save for a larger downpayment.

Hey now, lets not wish that. I have saved and am ready, plus not sure how long my 220k mile XJ will hold out as my DD. Even if its out sooner you can still wait and continue to save.

Flamma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Trailhawk, 2017 Dodge Challenger 392 T/A
One of my dealers said factory orders begin April 1st, with pricing mid March...

Sponsored

TamuPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJU
Occupation
Attorney
One of my dealers said factory orders begin April 1st, with pricing mid March...
Well, my dealer hilariously told me that pricing would be available three weeks after the LA Auto Show reveal. Whoops.

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I was not thrilled reading this article earlier. The never ending wait continues...
And I have my heart increasingly set on a "Late Availability" color... Even if it's 2 month late, and then 2 months for my order to come in, I probably don't have my butt in the seat until August... minimum.

Ugh. It's painful.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Ditto the reactions.

So ordering takes 2-3 months. June-May-April. Order banks open in March ish. That might make some sense.

HOW MUCH???

MF Comics

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Manual Bronco
Ditto the reactions.

So ordering takes 2-3 months. June-May-April. Order banks open in March ish. That might make some sense.

HOW MUCH???
Those are my favorite girl names, hear they're promiscuous, but I digress

Yeah, what would the initial deposit be, gonna start saving myself
Sponsored