First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Retired
I remember the old days. Put up with the salesmen, reach a deal, get told it will be 6-8 weeks before you get it, then nothing, until the phone call telling you it is here. I ordered my last Jeep in May, did not get it until mid October. I ordered a 98 and got a 99.
Sponsored

GCoop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Mojave ( ̶O̶n̶ ̶o̶r̶d̶e̶r̶)
@blau iii Did you mean to say 2/9 instead of 3/9 in your post? If so, then 10 weeks makes more sense. If not, well then, like others have mentioned it is probably too soon to be getting this worried/frustrated.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
Oh if you really want to be a pissed off customer.... Ask some of the Launch Addition owners how long they had to wait.😉
LE customer here. Waited a few weeks after other folks and dealers were getting their JTRs and Sports. Let’s just say it was like having a broken arm, painful, but since then I’ve forgotten about the pain.
I’ve a 2021 Ram TRX on order now, You want to talk about agony? 😆

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
I ordered mine Mid February through a fleet managment company we get our company trucks through. In early April they told me it had a build date of 4/13. Not sure how much time between build date and delivery. Hoping it comes in the next couple of weeks which would put me around the 11-12 week mark.
Spring is coming. Every day it's going to be 70*, I curse Jeep for not getting me my JT already. Every day it's 50 & rainy I say, ah, my Explorer isn't so bad.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Oh I remember my "first Jeep" ordered that was supposed to be "waiting for me when I got home from Germany" I was assured it was in St Louis so I could pick up and drive home with it.... I ended up taking a flipping Gray Hound bus home 😠 then 4 or so months later it was finished and titled as a 91 though Jeep was building model year 92 only then and changes made to them. So some parts are on it are 92 year model parts not 91. I had already made about 6 payments on it before I even got it. 😠

Sponsored

XJhawk

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales Manager
Hey, look at the bright side, it took 3 weeks of shipping to get my Mojave after it was completed!

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Base materials for a lot of things have been in short supply for some time.

A ship blocking the Suez Canal caused several automotive plants to shut down.

Ships are stacked up at major ports waiting to be unloaded due to lack of personnel to unload them.

I understand the excitement about getting a new vehicle, but all the events I've mentioned have been on the news once in awhile.

OP
OP
blau iii

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Nobody can give you an accurate status through the build process. Any information you do get consider incorrect. Mine was in line to be built for weeks then over night it was in final inspection and 2 days later was at my dealer.... grain of salt.

My advice. Stop looking. It will be built.

Thanks, I know... it's just so hard to not do that. Agonized over the truck for a year, picking each spec, it feels like it will never arrive.

OP
OP
blau iii

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Base materials for a lot of things have been in short supply for some time.

A ship blocking the Suez Canal caused several automotive plants to shut down.

Ships are stacked up at major ports waiting to be unloaded due to lack of personnel to unload them.

I understand the excitement about getting a new vehicle, but all the events I've mentioned have been on the news once in awhile.
I get that but why is FCA telling me all the parts are there, i'm in line to be built.

OP
OP
blau iii

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I don't get how this equates to Jeep not caring. Did someone guarantee a delivery date?

The fact you can track your build progress is a curse and a gift... I get the impatience but I don't understand the gripe.

If you wanted the truck now there's plenty on the lots. You are getting yours built to order and that requires a wait, it aint amazon prime. Mine took about 3 months and I thought that was pretty good.
It's the fact that they escalated it two weeks ago (without my asking) and then the follow up has completed fallen off. There's not any on the lots that are even close to my build... There's not a manual transmission in my state.

Sponsored

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2, 2001 XJ, 1993 YJ, 2021 JT EcoDiesel
Occupation
Digital Marketing Manager
I get that but why is FCA telling me all the parts are there, i'm in line to be built.
Probably just a scheduling thing backup. I was told the same, and it went into production a few weeks later. More than likely there are many Jeeps ahead of you. Pretty much every industry is backed up right now. We have parts on the shelf right now for jobs that the earliest we could schedule was early July. I think we all (including myself) got used to ordering items and having them within a couple of weeks. I know this past year has really taught me some patience again.

I ordered my eco sport on New Year's Eve, got it 3 weeks ago. But it was worth the wait!

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
They are very good at taking your Vin number and information. Everything else is lacking

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Just because parts are there does not mean it will be built immediately. There are most likely hundreds of builds prior to yours. Just wait. Once it hits 10-11 weeks and it still hasn't moved, then that is an issue. As it stands this is normal for many plants that are furloughing workers to compensate for how few vehicles they can push out.

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
My dealer had access to a live time program that showed all phases of construction and travel as my Jeep was heading south. He called me when it was 100 miles out so I could be there when it was delivered. When I got to the dealership he was tracking the truck on his lap top. I thought that was cool.

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep JT Willys, 2005 350z con
Lol, your complaining about it not being built? Give me a break, you can walk away and get something else. Wonder how mad you would be if they said ok and hurried your build and you bought a lemon???? Far worse problems than not having your order fulfilled right away.
Sponsored