Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stacy'sMom aka: 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
it’s been 7 months and I am just about to get a rear window.
Just Say’n.

And Jeep/dealership still hasn’t addressed my locker or steering issue.

So, on the plus side; you may have your new JTR before I get all the parts for my warranty work based on 7 mo per part avg...
Sponsored

CdnGriff

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mohave
What do they have to do with this? All they would say is there are shortages.

They might be able to probe into OP's complaint, but there wouldn't be a point as this is very premature to be complaining about.
Mostly it’s the lack of communication. Up here we don’t even have access to Jeep Chat. So we’re just hanging around waiting for a product with ... nothing. And yet I see order after order being built way ahead of mine and other Canadian orders. That was the sum of my comment.

But thanks for your contribution.

OP
OP
blau iii

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
OP here... So I have to eat a bit of crow now.. Just got an email back from Jeep and they said it will be entering production this week or next week.

The tracker that is on this site, will it update when a window sticker is generated? When does that occur? Anyone have a sense how long production takes? Or shipping from OH to eastern PA?

Professor_Chaos

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x4, bmw 330xi, jeep Gladiator willys
Occupation
Homemaker
Thanks, I know... it's just so hard to not do that. Agonized over the truck for a year, picking each spec, it feels like it will never arrive.
Yeah I know. Much easier said.

After a bit of similar to you, and reading... so much reading. I resigned myself just to check for the build sheet each day.

Thats is frustrating in itself as by my math my jeep was on a train before it had a build sheet.

If I had to do it again, I'd like to think I'd just wait for the call. Was so excited it came before I expected, as I thought it hadn't even hit the road yet as I was parking it in the driveway.

The misinformation was good in other words.

If I thought it was going to be there say tuesday and it showed up friday... rather than what happened... would of sucked.

Rusty Shackleford

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Wrangler, Saab 9-3
Occupation
USAF
Absolutely. Probably under 40 also. (Millenial). To the OP. Just breaking your stones. But it does help to keep perspective.
Shortly after I turned 34, I found out my fiancé had breast cancer. She is great and going on 20 years cancer free. Its just that the experience helps you to understand what is important.

They told you to estimate 10 weeks. It isn't even 7 weeks. Relax. Think about how lucky you are to be able to be able to afford a 50k truck.
Whoa! Didn’t you see that they are “blown away by how painful” the process has been? Sounds like Gen Z to me 🤣 I wouldn’t want them tainting the stellar reputation that we millennials have established. Nice perspective, happy to hear that your wife kicked some cancer @$$.

Sponsored

OP
OP
blau iii

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Whoa! Didn’t you see that they are “blown away by how painful” the process has been? Sounds like Gen Z to me 🤣 I wouldn’t want them tainting the stellar reputation that we millennials have established. Nice perspective, happy to hear that your wife kicked some cancer @$$.
I am one of those millenials... you missed the point of my post, I'm less concerned about the timing, more concerned about the shitty follow up and lack of customer interaction. FCA would be better off not giving any sort of updates vs. what they're doing today.

OP
OP
blau iii

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Absolutely. Probably under 40 also. (Millenial). To the OP. Just breaking your stones. But it does help to keep perspective.
Shortly after I turned 34, I found out my fiancé had breast cancer. She is great and going on 20 years cancer free. Its just that the experience helps you to understand what is important.

They told you to estimate 10 weeks. It isn't even 7 weeks. Relax. Think about how lucky you are to be able to be able to afford a 50k truck.
It's baseball and lacrosse season for my sons, we have a lot of weekend tournaments and what not that I was hopeful to be able to take the truck on.

Glad to hear your fiancé beat cancer.

OP
OP
blau iii

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I ordered February 15, 2021. I don’t even have a VIN yet.....
what kind of quirky build did you go with? That's one of the longest I've heard about.

Rusty Shackleford

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Wrangler, Saab 9-3
Occupation
USAF
I am one of those millenials... you missed the point of my post, I'm less concerned about the timing, more concerned about the shitty follow up and lack of customer interaction. FCA would be better off not giving any sort of updates vs. what they're doing today.
Yeah, just screwing around. I personally have given up with any expectations regarding customer service. It, in general, has been crappy for a while but it seems since the scamdemic started it’s now a convenient excuse for even worse service. However, I have been reading this forum for about a month and I think it’s great that the JeepCares account actually responds to people. And Mopar in general won me over as I was very brand loyal to GM. For what it’s worth I placed a custom order on 28FEB and it was delivered to the dealership over the weekend. So about 2 months for mine. Can’t wait to pick it up!

Sponsored

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Fiesta ST, Gladiator LE
Waiting is painful. Asking every day doesn't speed up the process, it just makes it worse. Timing for the vehicle to go into production is dictated by a number of variables, not just part status.

It would be great if they gave a legitimate build date at the start of the order and gave dealers updates to the status, but they typically only have current status and that's all. It's always best to try and ignore it until you get the call scheduling delivery. Then you get the surprise when it's ready and none of the anxiety of tracking it every day.

I would also say that I found Jeep does a great job of getting vehicles built in a timely manner. *certain exceptions excluded

We are replacing a 718 Cayman that was totalled and ordered the replacement in January. It won't be built until May and delivers in June.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's baseball and lacrosse season for my sons, we have a lot of weekend tournaments and what not that I was hopeful to be able to take the truck on.

Glad to hear your fiancé beat cancer.
Wife now. Thank you. 2 gorgeous kids.
And I get being itchy. My kids are dying to drive around this summer with the doors off. But I'm holding out on a buy until I drive the Bronco.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
But I'm holding out on a buy until I drive the Bronco.
Dude the self-control is commendable. Although I guess this is coming from a guy that's had a jeep on the brain since ... 2009? I just don't know how much longer I can wait, lol.

MoxiesDad

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2014 Jeep Patriot
Occupation
Maintenance Mechanic
I guess I was extremely lucky. We ordered our JTR on 3/31, salesman called me 4/17 that it came in. We picked it up 4/21.
Sponsored