Sponsored

Jeep Gladiator - happy owners? seeing scary stuff in the repair forums

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
With the age of this thread, one must assume that the OP already made the decision about a JT purchase (or not)! ;)
Sponsored

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
My Overland was ordered early May of 2019. Built late May/June 2019. Took delivery 19 July, 2019.

She has 20,700 miles on her and I tow with her fairly regularly. She handles my 27', ~5,100 lb (with all we want or need to take with us) travel trailer with ease.

Other than the roof leaked around the rear window and got water inside...replaced whole roof under warranty...I have had ZERO issues with mine, and am VERY happy with it.

I feel, and this is sad to say, that from very late '20 or early '21 through to currently built models, Jeep's quality control has gone into the shytter.

I see, not only here, but on FB pages as well, people having tons of issues with theirs even requiring total engine replacement. One of the sales advisors at my dealership had a '21 Gladiator Sport S and after only 2,400 miles of ownership had to have the rear replaced. Not nice :( :( :(

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I think the same about quality control. I got my 2020 Overland in July 2019. It was a dealer order with the build started on March 28. I have been happy with it. So far, almost 38k miles and no issues, just the recalls to replace the drive shaft and steering box.

P.Lo

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I think the same about quality control. I got my 2020 Overland in July 2019. It was a dealer order with the build started on March 28. I have been happy with it. So far, almost 38k miles and no issues, just the recalls to replace the drive shaft and steering box.
Driveshaft? I never realized that.
I knew about the steering box update, but my 2020 Overland (bought Oct 19) never had a steering issue, so i never took it in.

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
Driveshaft? I never realized that.
I knew about the steering box update, but my 2020 Overland (bought Oct 19) never had a steering issue, so i never took it in.
My 2020 JTR never had a steering issue either. Why fix it if it ain't broken?

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine drove straight, with no real issues, but did have a dead spot in it. When they replaced the box, they also replaced the connector (pitman nut?) on the steering shaft. Has been great since.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The driveshaft replacement was a limited recall. They found a few that were not properly greased when the supplier assembled them. I had about 10k miles on it when the recall was done.

Blitzinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Going on 6 days of ownership. So far, no issues!

actually one self inflicted issue, I took the top off because it was a nice sunny day and decided to get mulch at the local recycle center. After shoveling it all out, I used a leaf blower to get all the scraps and dust out and all the dust blew into the cab. And I have cloth seats. Took about an hour to clean it all out

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Hey there,

I am looking at potentially purchasing a gladiator overland, but reading some scary stuff reading the forms. Now understanding when you look in a repair forum for known issues you only see the bad not the good.

Are there folks how there with higher mileage who are not having crazy issues with cylinder misfires, ESS ssues or anything else major?
I have a 2020, so it’s had some first model year issues. It would be fine by now if Jeep had a reasonable dealership network who would fix warranty concerns without a legal battle. Anyway, they’re pretty reliable now.

EXCEPT, and I can’t stress this enough, do NOT buy an eco diesel. The current gen engine is a lot better, but it’s a severely compromised design and it should have never been put into a JL/JT.

Enis

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco wildtrak
Occupation
Retired military
This is a very tight bit community many of us have had multiple jeeps, and we are vocal about issues that arise. The gladiator was best midsize truck of the year in 2021. Take everything with a grain of salt, you may read from different forums about the same problem, on the same truck.

we are living in a strange time right now, covid has screwed up the world’s distribution network, with plants being shutdown and chip shortages. It only makes sense that repairs can take a long time. I tried to order mopar floor mats for my jtrd today at the dealership and nothing in stock no idea when they will come in. Before I got my truck, things like the all weather floor mats would slow down you getting your ride.

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Going on 6 days of ownership. So far, no issues!

actually one self inflicted issue, I took the top off because it was a nice sunny day and decided to get mulch at the local recycle center. After shoveling it all out, I used a leaf blower to get all the scraps and dust out and all the dust blew into the cab. And I have cloth seats. Took about an hour to clean it all out
Learned your lesson on that one.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
With the age of this thread, one must assume that the OP already made the decision about a JT purchase (or not)! ;)
Last post from OP was 4/22.

Jeepfreak22

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
38 months 45,000 miles. Three ess batteries one main battery and tsb steering box replacement. Other than that, great vehicle.

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
My 21 JTR @74k kms (46k miles)
2 engines, 3 power steering pumps, truck is now in getting the 4th transmission.

My loaner 2022 Gladiator Sport, 8 speed auto I am driving now with 6k kms has the same, but faint whine in 1st and 2nd gear and a front bearing howl between 68-72 km/hour.

It has been one hell of of a ride…
Sponsored