Sponsored

Jeep Gladiator Mojave Edition! [Updated With Live Pics and Chassis/Suspension Breakdown]

teckademics67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR, KLTH, CJ, JTR
Anyone have a TLDR list of the differences?
Sponsored

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
The low range ratio is the same as every non rubicon. Max tow package doesn’t have a special transfer case.
Doesn't this have the same transfer case as all the sport/overland models? Just has the rear locker that I'm a little jealous of.

Matt84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Doesn't this have the same transfer case as all the sport/overland models? Just has the rear locker that I'm a little jealous of.
Yes, same transfer case. The fact that the rear locker can be used in 4 HI is appealing.

Sponsored

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
THIS!!!
plus a diesel?
I'm in!!!
TAKE MY MONEY!!!
@spenchey
LOL what are you gonna do with the super duper build? I hafta admit this edition is the first "special edition" that has peaked my curiosity...

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enginerd
Last edited:

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Interesting.

I wonder if it’s possible to retrofit the shocks onto a Rubicon. Curious how these ride in comparison...
They most likely ride a lot more comfortably than the Rubicon or Sport. I don't think it's possible to retrofit by a simple suspension swap. That said, I wonder if there is a way to get comparable performance without having to lengthen wheelbase. That seems like an extreme measure for Jeep to do for a trim of a vehicle.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
They most likely ride a lot more comfortably than the Rubicon or Sport. I don't think it's possible to retrofit by a simple suspension swap. That said, I wonder if there is a way to get comparable performance without having to lengthen wheelbase. That seems like an extreme measure for Jeep to do for a trim of a vehicle.
I’m curious if it is the track width that has increased and not the wheelbase. Would make sense if they are just using Max Tow / Rubicon D44s. Especially since we see that a locker is in the mix. If that is the case, the a retro fit of the Mojave Fox 2.5 shocks onto the Rubicon may be in order! I have to imagine they ride a bit better.

As with most “edition” vehicles, the brunt of the parts is taken from the parts bin to make the greatest hits collection.

Sponsored

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enginerd
I’m curious if it is the track width that has increased and not the wheelbase. Would make sense if they are just using Max Tow / Rubicon D44s. Especially since we see that a locker is in the mix.

As with most “edition” vehicles, the brunt of the parts is taken from the parts bin to make the greatest hits collection.
This is exactly what I think they did. Can't imagine they'd add a whole different axle just for a special edition that may/may not sell well. Also HIGHLY doubt they customized the frame/body panels to make the whole thing longer.

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Makes me wonder if we'll be seeing more of this hood (in a functional capacity) in the future.....
??? Pentastar turbo ???

my question is this ... back when the Gladiator launched, they made a comment about the “off-road+” feature allowing rear lockers in 4high. Yet on my rubi, lockers are only allowed in 4lo. On this Mojave, they say the rear lock 4high is a feature so ...

will we be able to update the system on the regular Rubicon to allow the same feature?

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
There is a mopar kit with the remote reservoir shocks. Not sure if it is for the Gladiator or the wrangler, but it was in the service bay when my Gladiator was being prepped.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Nice edition - Mojave -- even sounds cool.
So, these three bolt-ons let you go much faster in the Desert ? How much faster ?

1" front suspension lift
2.5-inch internal bypass Fox shocks with external reservoirs
Fox front hydraulic jounce bumpers

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link