First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Fiber optic and metallic cable splicer
Well aint this just dandy! Here I've been working up a prototype myself that would hold just the two front freedom panels, and they go and do this...

I thought the option of just having an alternative to leaving at home or placing in some wonky bag was in order, so a half tonnau with the front of the bed holding the tops while going topless was a no-brainer. wearher or dust change your topless choice, bam, your tops go back on. Guess I'll just have to wait till Mopar builds it (after the ecodiesel oil filters, JTRD suspension TSB parts, windscreens ect) then I can get one.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
No, I waited an age for the full coverage one from Coverking, and I put some Kilmat panels underneath. Makes road trips less fatiguing, and makes the engine noise more noticeable, so the Jeep feels MUCH faster šŸ˜

I bought a BUNCH of extra 3M tape and spent a couple hours on it, totally worth it.
Thatā€™s pretty awesome. I didnā€™t know it existed. Added to the ever growing listā€¦

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
If you never use the truck bed for anything, or don't want to lift just the rear part of the cover to access something in the bed (which you'd never be doing anyway as the top would take up the bulk of the bed)
Cool, but makes it less usable as a real truck.
Iā€™m with you, not feeling this one

Sponsored

Boston Bill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Makes sense.
That works, but I generally travel with stuff in the back of the truck. The only exception may be if we drive to FL this summer. But I have to use a lift to get the top off mine so it won't help me any. I can see those who pull a small camper, do some overlanding and such, it would be a good thing.

And like most accessories, it's going to fit some quite well, others not so much.

Where I live - you ALWAYS want the roof panels with you! Never leave the panels at home. Clear skies, chances of rain about 0% - hahahaha, yea, right. Keep the panels with you unless you can swim while driving. More than once I was thankful the panels were in the truck and the roof rear was on. I don't think the floor drains would have let the water out fast enough and the winds would have sucked the breath right out of you.
Wow. Where do you live?

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Victoryrider78

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Sales / Operations Support
I would be more interested in door storage in the bed. I can already put my freedom panels in the bed and I rarely remove the back.

I'll give this a simple "neat".

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
So you need to disassemble the rear part of the hard top?

The patent application number is US17/124821. They are claiming an entire vehicle body so far, early stages of the process. Don't see Jeep mentioned anywhere in the filing paperwork except for the patent attorney being associated with Chrysler Group LLC
https://patents.google.com/patent/US20210178872A1/en?oq=US17/124821

Last edited:

arskemp

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sarge Green Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT
I don't care about the storage aspect of it, but I'd love that modular rear top. I don't have a garage at the moment so it would make it a hell of a lot easier to store the rear. Even better, if they could have tool-less removal for the rear top portion (similar to a wide freedom panel) that would be sweet.

Mister Lamb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willy's
Occupation
Power Plant Operator
Great idea. Bound to be an option and not the standard anyways so everyone who still finds joy in unbolting and lugging 70lbs worth of roof can still do so
Sponsored