Sponsored

JScan app

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
I'm a cheapskate, and bought these...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MTKSCEJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082PTBZ6K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And they work fine.
And remember, if you don't have the hardware, you can't activate a feature with software.

Kevin
Is this the cheapest route and do you get access to all of the options in JSCAN? I think I have read that not all dongles will allow all access.
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Is this the cheapest route and do you get access to all of the options in JSCAN? I think I have read that not all dongles will allow all access.
This one is recommended by JScan, just not at the very top of the list. I made sure to get one that was recommended. My older WiFi scan adapter didn't work.

Kevin

Bumble-Ski

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ripp Moab 2013 991.1S
I got the JSCAN app and a OBD device... I gotta tell ya... getting those flippin' plugs out to connect to the dongle are a BEAR!!!! THEN, I couldn't get one of them out of the dongle (well, i did... but it was tough).

Of course, the settings I did are not quite what I want (tried to set turn signal LEDs to DRL) - I'm getting hyper flash in the cab and "turn signal light out" errors. SO, I gotta go and undo it now. NOT looking forward to those plugs again!!!

Ugh!
I’m in your boat, one of the plugs does not want to separate from dongle. How did you get it free?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Z Automotive (Tazer) now sells an extension cable to plug in to the security gateway. With it, you only need to stick your hand up there once. From then on, it's real easy to connect Jscan or a Tazer.

Sponsored

BT911

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator sport S
Occupation
Firefighter

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

atxatxatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2Grand Cherokee,Gladiator Mojave
For adding the front trail camera, do you activate "cargo" camera or "front" camera.
I activated "cargo" with JScan but nothing has changed on the Uconnect for me. Am I supposed to reboot something, maybe I missed a step ? Thanks

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
For adding the front trail camera, do you activate "cargo" camera or "front" camera.
I activated "cargo" with JScan but nothing has changed on the Uconnect for me. Am I supposed to reboot something, maybe I missed a step ? Thanks
If you added the Zautomotive camera, it is the Cargo Camera input. Check the current install instructions, the pins pushed into the harness for the camera go into different places on the JL and JT Uconnect. I think it needs a reboot after the changes are saved, and might take some time to update before the camera is available.

atxatxatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2Grand Cherokee,Gladiator Mojave
If you added the Zautomotive camera, it is the Cargo Camera input. Check the current install instructions, the pins pushed into the harness for the camera go into different places on the JL and JT Uconnect. I think it needs a reboot after the changes are saved, and might take some time to update before the camera is available.
Yea I forgot the last past, I walked away from the Jeep and let it fully shutdown, stayed away for half hour. When I came back and started it up the "cargo" camera is now active on Uconnect.
tmrw I'm going to actually route the wiring and install the zautomotive front camera.
Sponsored