JScan app

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JLUR, 2023 JTuRD
Not at this time, that is one of the "Live" features of the TAZER. You have to leave the TAZER connected to have that feature.

Gregj
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Not at this time, that is one of the "Live" features of the TAZER. You have to leave the TAZER connected to have that feature.

Gregj
In order for jscan to do something, doesn't the ability have to already exist in the system - and jscan "sets it" or changes the options?

Since it leaves nothing in place once you disconnect, I doubt they can ever do it with jscan.
If the JT has an option internally that's simply never set, jscan could access it, but if that isn't an option in the JT system..............

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
with this can you disable the start/stop, disable traction aids, and kill license plate lights in reverse?
Currently, You cannot disable start/stop with a programmer. It has to be a inline connected device, like a Tazer or the Start/Stop unit.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I know how you can disable it, push the button.
I tried to do multiple likes of various types and it wouldn't let me. So just assume I'd clicked on the first three "like" icons.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I know how you can disable it, push the button.
And if my finger could also turn off the license plate lights in reverse, or all traction control aids, then I wouldn't need a tazer either. I was just asking about options in comparing devices.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
And if my finger could also turn off the license plate lights in reverse, or all traction control aids, then I wouldn't need a taser either. I was just asking about options in comparing devices.
Jscan and AlfaOBD are just programmers. Tazer is a programmer, but also has 'live' features that are available if left plugged in. The Tazer usually needs removed for a dealer visit, and is a bit pricey.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Jscan and AlfaOBD are just programmers. Tazer is a programmer, but also has 'live' features that are available if left plugged in. The Tazer usually needs removed for a dealer visit, and is a bit pricey.
Tazer is hardware - that's the big difference.
It acts with the system live to make the changes happen live - it adds features that don't exist in the system.
The others - they are software that flips the truck's software switches in a way - if the switches aren't in the Jeep's software, they can't be flipped.

JeffInFLA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Gladiator Willys
Vehicle Showcase
I got the JSCAN app and a OBD device... I gotta tell ya... getting those flippin' plugs out to connect to the dongle are a BEAR!!!! THEN, I couldn't get one of them out of the dongle (well, i did... but it was tough).

Of course, the settings I did are not quite what I want (tried to set turn signal LEDs to DRL) - I'm getting hyper flash in the cab and "turn signal light out" errors. SO, I gotta go and undo it now. NOT looking forward to those plugs again!!!

Ugh!

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I got the JSCAN app and a OBD device... I gotta tell ya... getting those flippin' plugs out to connect to the dongle are a BEAR!!!! THEN, I couldn't get one of them out of the dongle (well, i did... but it was tough).

Of course, the settings I did are not quite what I want (tried to set turn signal LEDs to DRL) - I'm getting hyper flash in the cab and "turn signal light out" errors. SO, I gotta go and undo it now. NOT looking forward to those plugs again!!!

Ugh!
If you put LED bulbs in where they were halogen, u just need to flip as such. Are u also converting from amber to white on turns, or vice versa with DRL? Don't need to flip switches for that, just bulb color and then operating wattage. But its possible that the bulbs u put in are still lower wattage than factory LED, this giving error message after corrected. I think this happened to me with the brake bulbs I used. Has to put halogens back in. Now waiting for nice set of aftermarket brake assembly. Oracles look like crap.

JeffInFLA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Gladiator Willys
Vehicle Showcase
If you put LED bulbs in where they were halogen, u just need to flip as such. Are u also converting from amber to white on turns, or vice versa with DRL? Don't need to flip switches for that, just bulb color and then operating wattage. But its possible that the bulbs u put in are still lower wattage than factory LED, this giving error message after corrected. I think this happened to me with the brake bulbs I used. Has to put halogens back in. Now waiting for nice set of aftermarket brake assembly. Oracles look like crap.
I have the Sport S so no DRLs. I think if I just tweak the voltage, I’ll be ok.
Thanks!!!!

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
with this can you disable the start/stop, disable traction aids, and kill license plate lights in reverse?
I dunno.
I didn't try all those.
If it's something that needs the OBD Link MX+, then no.
The other features I did try worked just fine

Kevin
Sponsored