JScan app

Visualabstrakt

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Wow some of you guys/gals were not lying about how hard it was getting those two plugs off lol. Can you just leave them unplugged or plugged into the SGW? In any event, I wanted to ask what are some other cool things to change besides of tire size and is there a guide that explains the options?

jeep671

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon and 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon COD MW3
Placed my order for the Security Gateway Cable and OBDLink MX+ on Amazon last night and its already been shipped. SInce my order is being shipped to Guam, it will take about 5 to 9 days to get here. I know that I could have used the other BT OBD devices, but I went with what was recommended on JScan's website. I love the fact that I can make the changes on my phone and not have to deal with the steering wheel controls. It is so much more cost effective to go this route than the other offerings. A big thank you to everyone on "JSCAN APP" thread and "Please teach me about jscan" thread . All your input was key to making a decision on which direction I was going.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I just noticed in Demo mode that there is a cargo camera activation option. Has anyone tried this? I would like to add a front camera using the cargo camera feature, like the Tazer is able to do.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I just noticed in Demo mode that there is a cargo camera activation option. Has anyone tried this? I would like to add a front camera using the cargo camera feature, like the Tazer is able to do.
You should be able to buy the Front Camera kit from Tazer, and then use Jscan to activate it. I'm not willing to pay the cost for a Tazer, but this may be a workable option. I would like the Jeep Front Camera, but it is not looking like it will ever be available unless factory ordered on a Mojave or Rubicon.

jeep671

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You should be able to buy the Front Camera kit from Tazer, and then use Jscan to activate it. I'm not willing to pay the cost for a Tazer, but this may be a workable option. I would like the Jeep Front Camera, but it is not looking like it will ever be available unless factory ordered on a Mojave or Rubicon.
Hi Bill,
I could be wrong, but I believe the part number for the camera is 68436466AA. I found it here:

https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/par...Model=Gladiator&Year=2020&Submodel=&Filter=()

If you look at the diagram and the recommended parts, you might have to purchase the supporting parts for the entire kit.

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon

jeep671

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wiring harness isn't available yet and the camera takes a special connector.
Wow ... Didn't realize that they sell the camera without the wiring harness. I do love the fact that the front camera has the wash/clean feature. I wish they did that for the rear. The rear gets dirty fast especially when it rains.

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon
Wow ... Didn't realize that they sell the camera without the wiring harness. I do love the fact that the front camera has the wash/clean feature. I wish they did that for the rear. The rear gets dirty fast especially when it rains.
The washer is available, but does not come with the camera. I don't believe the washer function works if it is connected as a "cargo" camera.

Sponsored

morejeepsthanicancount

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Vehicle Showcase
Just to confirm, has anyone added the taser front camera and enabled it with the JScan tool?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone used the ICAR Pro in the WiFi model? (I think that's the device that has both Bluetooth and WiFi versions.....)

I have enough bluetooth stuff going on and frankly, BT isn't all that reliable sometimes, so many different standards and versions.
I'd rather use the WiFi version if that's possible.

I do see jscan recommends another brand, though, for the JT...... OBDLink MX+
Too bad that's bluetooth only.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Has anyone used the ICAR Pro in the WiFi model? (I think that's the device that has both Bluetooth and WiFi versions.....)

I have enough bluetooth stuff going on and frankly, BT isn't all that reliable sometimes, so many different standards and versions.
I'd rather use the WiFi version if that's possible.

I do see jscan recommends another brand, though, for the JT...... OBDLink MX+
Too bad that's bluetooth only.
I think the benefit of a BT device is that your phone can stay connected to the internet via wifi (If available) while connected to the device. BT works well, and is considered the better method with these.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I think the benefit of a BT device is that your phone can stay connected to the internet via wifi (If available) while connected to the device. BT works well, and is considered the better method with these.
I was basically asking if anyone here had used the wifi version - apparently the misconceptions and sometimes incorrect beliefs about bluetooth have caused it to be the connection of choice. It's great when it works, but it's not a guarantee of success.

I guess I would ask, since you brought it up -why would I have a phone connected to wifi while programming changes or checking codes in the vehicle?
You did say "if available" - if there's wifi there's cell service so I can't see using or even needing wifi for service during the short time it takes to program or check codes via jscan. (you don't leave it connected - you remove it all once done)

I know a lot of people believe bluetooth is the cat's meow, but as an IT pro wifi is by far more reliable.
Bluetooth is SLOWER. It's far more hackable and it's highly recommended to disable it when not in use (it has high priority in the OS)
There are multiple standards so connectivity can be iffy. I have found over the decades that there are no guarantees - even the JT "Uconnect" using bluetooth to phone can have issues - I've had to un-pair and re-pair twice.

I've had to support bluetooth for years - and frankly, I try to avoid it where possible.
So, that's why I was wondering -
has anyone used the wifi version of the OBD II interfaces jscan recommends?

Wilsonb80

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland Gator.
Occupation
Cable Dog / Network weeny
Just wondering if anyone had luck with
Ess, auto windows, and if there is anything for the auto park when the door is open and I want to backup...
Sponsored