Sponsored

JScan app

marcwithac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow
I read somewhere that someone updated tire size using JSCAN and they ended up have to re-initialize ABS with another app. Is this common? Doesn't sound like fun.
Sponsored

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
I read somewhere that someone updated tire size using JSCAN and they ended up have to re-initialize ABS with another app. Is this common? Doesn't sound like fun.
i had no issue on mine.

gt3mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I won't speak to how common it is or isn't, but it happened to me and it was a big mess because the other app (AlfaOBD) wasn't able to initialize the ABS ECU either. I had dashboard indicators to service ABS, ESC, ACC, and a few other things. It didn't go away by itself after several days and the dealer ended up having to fix it.

Apparently this is extremely common on Ram trucks, but AlfaOBD handles the necessary reinitialization on those ABS ECUs. The developer of AlfaOBD is researching why the JL and JT ABS units don't seem to want to be initialized by it.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Some OBD adapters will reset things that others won’t. I have the OBDLINK MX+ and haven’t had any problems.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Some OBD adapters will reset things that others won’t. I have the OBDLINK MX+ and haven’t had any problems.
Those are faster and can write more reliably to some areas. They will also access areas using jscan that the other adapters won't get to with jscan.
I ordered the MX+ just to be done with messing around and have the fastest interface. I've dealt too often with computer issues when timing wasn't right.

I already had the vgate iCar device......... so I may sell that one cheap or just plug it into my WJ and leave it there.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
I suspect this is the one you mean.

https://www.zautomotive.com/product/sgw-extension-cable/

Looks like a bargain considering it makes it a snap to access those connections with the bypass cable.
Huh...
I don't have any trouble reaching up in there to get the plugs out.
Putting them back in is a little more of a challenge, but not by much.
Try staying outside the Jeep and reaching up in, with the driver's seat all the way back.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Huh...
I don't have any trouble reaching up in there to get the plugs out.
Putting them back in is a little more of a challenge, but not by much.
Try staying outside the Jeep and reaching up in, with the driver's seat all the way back.
LOL - don't think for a moment I haven't tried all things.
Really, please give me some credit a little bit even. I didn't try just once and say gee this is hard and not try other methods or positions. I don't give up easily. and I'm no beginner.

For MY truck, it's not possible to get both hands up in there from any position.
Both hands? you ask?!
You must press the clip AND pull down and they are pretty snug up there. With the clip pressed, they don't just fall out. I've even got some really long needle-nose pliers.
If you reach up and get that clip pressed, the connectors are so far buried up in there, there is literally nothing to grip and pull on. It's like maybe 1/4" of plastic sticking down at best. Try pulling a sticking connector out when you have only 1/4" to grip - WHILE depressing a latch/clip.
What I have done a couple of times is to grip the wires and pull hard while reaching up and pressing the latch to release it.

Make a deal - you come to my place, see how easily the cables come out on mine and if you can reach in there with one hand and slip them out within 15 seconds, I'll buy you a case of beer.

Putting them back is easy, especially with the long pliers aiming them into place and them just a finger push to snap them in.
But getting them out - the wires are literally laying across the connections, and they don't come down out of the way.

I'm absolutely not the only one who has had trouble with 'em and some have had a lot more trouble getting them out than I have.

marcwithac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow
I bought the iCar Pro. Anyone use this without issues?

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
You must press the clip AND pull down and they are pretty snug up there. With the clip pressed, they don't just fall out. I've even got some really long needle-nose pliers.
If you reach up and get that clip pressed, the connectors are so far buried up in there, there is literally nothing to grip and pull on. It's like maybe 1/4" of plastic sticking down at best. Try pulling a sticking connector out when you have only 1/4" to grip - WHILE depressing a latch/clip.
What I have done a couple of times is to grip the wires and pull hard while reaching up and pressing the latch to release it.
Odd. I have absolutely no trouble reaching up there, following the wire to the connector, depressing the lock clip, and the connector nearly drops out by itself. There's nothing in the way, other than the OBDII connector.
Make a deal - you come to my place, see how easily the cables come out on mine and if you can reach in there with one hand and slip them out within 15 seconds, I'll buy you a case of beer.
A little out of my way to get some beer :)
I haven't been to Iowa for 2 years, and that was just inside the border from Minnesota.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
The amount of wire harness up there varies by model and features. I have an Overland with everything. The ACC/FCW and the AC power inverter add to the mess under there. I have learned from others, and will be getting the Extension Cable so I only have to jam my hands up there one time.

RxGladiator

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon - Sting Gray
For those who have installed the front/cargo camera, are you getting timed out after driving at certain speed?

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500 2019 Jeep Cherokee
For those who have installed the front/cargo camera, are you getting timed out after driving at certain speed?
You can turn it on at any speed, but the camera circuit is designed to shut off after 10 seconds.

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
It looks like they added an update for trail cam??

RxGladiator

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon - Sting Gray
You can turn it on at any speed, but the camera circuit is designed to shut off after 10 seconds.
My experience is that the front camera will remain on at speed up to 8mph... above that speed will shut off after about 10 seconds, which it is ok for safety reason. With the Tazer the camera will remain on at all times.
Sponsored