First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 05 LJ Rubi
In the garage, I use these all of the time:
https://www.harborfreight.com/7-amp-corded-12-in-impact-wrench-61173.html
https://www.harborfreight.com/12-in-drive-sae-impact-deep-socket-set-13-pc-69560.html
I'll probably replace the driver with a cordless one eventually, but this one does everything I need it to do.

Away from the garage, this has been super useful:
https://www.harborfreight.com/electric-chain-saw-sharpener-63803.html

I have several other one off specialty tools that have held up reasonably well. Nothing from HF on my Jeep directly.
Sponsored

bring44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professor
If anyone is looking for a BNIB Badlands APEX winch, I'm letting mine go for $450. Buyer pays shipping. :)

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
I haven’t gotten any yet but really looking at the Pelican box knockoffs for cheap.
Their cases are quite nice. Very comparable to Pelican cases (and I have both brands,) and I trust the HF cases with over $50K of specialized test equipment.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Lower than $10 for 3, that's what I paid for the three on my JKU, which are now on my JT. A little paint and they are good as new.
You could have sent them to me - I have some starter parts and stuff to powder coat. It's just as easy to do a batch as one or two. Hang 'em, spray powder, bake.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
You could have sent them to me - I have some starter parts and stuff to powder coat. It's just as easy to do a batch as one or two. Hang 'em, spray powder, bake.
I'll keep that in mind, wish I would of already knew. The hook that came with the Badlands winch looks stout, but it's already starting to get surface rust and it's only been on the jeep for around 5 months. The Fairlead was silver and I bedlined it to get it black but should of had it powder coated because I had to touch it up Yesterday.

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I had their LED cubes on my previous adventure motorcycle, they were pretty crappy. But for a JT/JL/JK they would work fine as side lights. And in fact, the ones I have might be identical to HF, they just have some other cheap Chinese brand, but look the same. They are nothing like a good light, they just cast some light a short distance. Perfect for A-pillar side lights.

I also had an LED bar from them on the JK, again, total trash compared to LED headlights. But before I had the headlight upgrade, the bar helped. Now my brother has it on his UTV that doesn't have great headlights and he thinks it's helpful, not great.

The Badlands winches seem to have good quality and reviews. But so does Smittybilt, and you get more warranty at around the same price.

The HF aluminum jack is GREAT! Light, and far more capable than it is rated for. This is my travel jack, for both the Jeep and my travel trailer. It's my go-to unless I need to lift high and something really heavy. I also have their old full-size steel jack, which is also just fine.

I've had their metal bandsaw for at least 15 years, works fine. It's not a Jet, but it was 1/3 the price. Does what I need. Oh, their blades are CRAAAAAAAPPPPP so just replace it with a Starrett right away. My HF blade literally spit out 1/4 of the teeth on the first cut. Sheesh.

Pakdoc

First Name
Emery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Dentist
Lots of tools rebuilding front ends & ball joints. Breaker bars, torque rachets, air compresser drill/driver/chisel, sockets, drill press, grinder, heat gun, plastic welder, brass tumbler, security screwdriver bit kit, aluminum steps, 3 ton lift, a couple of truck bags with come-alongs, hazard flashers, Mechanix like gloves, digital calipers. Just got the Apex but went Mopar on plate etc. I have a lot of Craftsman, Williams & Park tools and consider these Lowes or HD grade at best....but they seem to be getting better. They are running low on some electrical equipment like table saws etc in my area.

gerky18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
The U.S. General tool chests and floor jacks are great. I have a few of each of them. Also, the Badlands winch is well worth the money. You should rarely have to pay full price for anything either. Do a little homework before and quite a bit of their stuff has a coupon or at least the 20% off that is always there.

Sponsored

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
For tools I use regularly, I purchase more quality stuff than HF usually sells. But, for tools I only use once in a while, HF stuff works great.

I usually wait until a good HF discount coupon shows up and then I buy two of the same item. (It sucks when you are in the middle of a project and the thing craps out.) This way, I always have a spare.

I have to say though, I bought their cheap 12V drill a while back (wanted one upstairs for stupid projects so I wouldn't have to go get a good drill). Not a ton of power, but I'm shocked how long it holds a charge. And it was something like $18 with battery, charger and a flashlight. I thought that was a great deal.

trust

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Jeep Scrambler, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Actually bought 2 2" drop units, turned one into a skidplate for my hitch mount. I get flak from my buddies at work who buy all high end stuff,
I've been thinking of that myself and would love to see what you came up with, I'd though of a 6" upside down but seemed might be excessive

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager

trust

First Name
terry