Sponsored

JT owners post your MPG

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
How does one obtain mpgs that bad in a stock Rubicon JT, that is crazy. My 2010 JKU with the 3.8 on 37's got 13.3mpgs average with 3.73 gears and lifted 4-1/4 inches. O my mpgs were that bad I'd be second guessing keeping mine personally
My 2013 jku sport on 35s running 4.56 got 11.3mpg

When I bought it, it came with 27s I think. Got 24 mph! Haha
Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
IMG_20200611_194824.jpg

That's right after I added the bumper.

The video is before I added the steel bumper to the front. Once I added the steel full width bumper I closed the gap to the fenders back up and my MPGs went back up to 19. Right now running winter gas I'm around 18.5
I’m not trying to be funny... but do you drive like a grandma? I have a max tow, run 285/75r17s (close to 34) in a AT wildpeak tire get around 17. If I drive like a grandma I can get close to 19, but that’s all Hwy but can’t go much over 65, or it starts to plummet. I don’t understand how you are running close to 80 mph get that good of mileage. I still have the air dam in and my tires barely poke out past the fender.

Do you stay under 2000-2500 rpm accelerating?

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not trying to be funny... but do you drive like a grandma? I have a max tow, run 285/75r17s (close to 34) in a AT wildpeak tire get around 17. If I drive like a grandma I can get close to 19, but that’s all Hwy but can’t go much over 65, or it starts to plummet. I don’t understand how you are running close to 80 mph get that good of mileage. I still have the air dam in and my tires barely poke out past the fender.

Do you stay under 2000-2500 rpm accelerating?
I don't know, I don't pay much attention to the RPMs when I take off, but I don't take off real fast, I don't gun it. I also don't take off slow, I just go. I also don't turn off the auto stop start, ever. I let that do it's thing. You would be surprised how much of a difference it makes. These things waste a ton of gas when sitting idle.

When on the Hwy I stay around 70-75, normally try to stay away from running 80 if I can. I don't know, I was taught a certain way to drive, like easing up on the accelerator when going down hill, and things like that. Unless I'm in my mustang 5.0 I really got no desire to go fast.

ssteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
camaro, audi Q, cj2a, ram
Just got through my first tank on my diesel and hand calculated at 24.7mpg. On board meter showed 25.1 so its off a bit but not horrible. That tank had a lot of freeway driving in it and so far on this tank I am sitting at 23mpg on the gauges and its been primarily around town driving. This is on a stock rubicon with factory mud tires.

Sponsored

reverse01134

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I had a 2 hour round trip today, 95% highway, and got an interesting result.

My setup is JTR, stock 4.10 gears, 37" Pats, no lift.
I am getting 16.5 MPG with 100lb weight in the truck bed. I was getting 14ish on highway the other day when there were 2 other passengers. I was hardly seeing 8th gear but without passengers I see 8th gear when it's flat or downhill!

I can't believe having passengers makes this much difference. Ok just in case anyone asks, the passengers who were in the truck are not heavy. They probably weigh 120-150lb/each. So I am hoping my MPG can get up to ~17 MPG on highway when the truck bed is empty.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I had a 2 hour round trip today, 95% highway, and got an interesting result.

My setup is JTR, stock 4.10 gears, 37" Pats, no lift.
I am getting 16.5 MPG with 100lb weight in the truck bed. I was getting 14ish on highway the other day when there were 2 other passengers. I was hardly seeing 8th gear but without passengers I see 8th gear when it's flat or downhill!

I can't believe having passengers makes this much difference. Ok just in case anyone asks, the passengers who were in the truck are not heavy. They probably weigh 120-150lb/each. So I am hoping my MPG can get up to ~17 MPG on highway if the truck bed is empty.
How long you been running those Pat's and good to know your getting 16.5 mpgs in a JTR. I can probably expect close to 18 in the Max tow since the consensus is that you can see about 1.5 to 2 mpgs better in the Max Tow based on the data on this forum. I'm curious about how long you've had the Pats installed and how are they wearing. Pictures would be awesome also and how high do they measure mounted.

reverse01134

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
How long you been running those Pat's and good to know your getting 16.5 mpgs in a JTR. I can probably expect close to 18 in the Max tow since the consensus is that you can see about 1.5 to 2 mpgs better in the Max Tow based on the data on this forum. I'm curious about how long you've had the Pats installed and how are they wearing. Pictures would be awesome also and how high do they measure mounted.
Jeep Gladiator JT owners post your MPG E395F173-AAB1-45AF-B7F5-92C24FDF20F0

Less than 200 miles so not really much I can share.. if I made purchase again I would go with 13.50 width. What drives max tow getting better mileage? Is it lighter than Rubicon?

DTJB

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
‘21 JT Max Tow I wasn’t sure about the mileage after purchasing, and I also understand this little truck is going to be hateful on fuel (shaped like a turd brick). But when I put Wildpeak MT’s on I was at 12.8mpg before tire size correction, managed to get it done today and filled up at The local Krogers. Drive home is about 15 miles @ mostly 60mph... assuming my EVIC is correct it is now showing 18.8 when I pulled in the drive, don’t know if it’ll hold true but I have a 14hr round trip planned starting tomorrow and getting home Saturday I should have a definite idea of what to really expect on interstate, mountain roads, and hilly highways by tomorrow evening.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator JT owners post your MPG E395F173-AAB1-45AF-B7F5-92C24FDF20F0

Less than 200 miles so not really much I can share.. if I made purchase again I would go with 13.50 width. What drives max tow getting better mileage? Is it lighter than Rubicon?
Not sure but a lot of peeps driving Rubicon's are reporting less MPGs than the Max tows. I'm not sure if it's weight or what. For reference I have a Base Sport Max Tow so mine may be lighter than one that has power windows/locks and all the other extra creature comforts. Mine just a Base model. I normally average about 18.5-19 roughly and longer trips right at 21. I hoping to stay above 17 on 37's so I'm looking for the lightest option I can find. Honestly I may end up just buying the BFG KO2S since they are only 66lbs in a 37, they just measure a little smaller.

Bitching

First Name
Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willy’s
Occupation
Logistics
6 MPG. You can literally hear the slurping of gas guzzling. Made me thirsty.
Jeep Gladiator JT owners post your MPG BF083F5F-3195-4508-AFFB-70268C700F1A

Red-Paint

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2019 RS3
Occupation
Contractor
Not sure but a lot of peeps driving Rubicon's are reporting less MPGs than the Max tows. I'm not sure if it's weight or what. For reference I have a Base Sport Max Tow so mine may be lighter than one that has power windows/locks and all the other extra creature comforts. Mine just a Base model. I normally average about 18.5-19 roughly and longer trips right at 21. I hoping to stay above 17 on 37's so I'm looking for the lightest option I can find. Honestly I may end up just buying the BFG KO2S since they are only 66lbs in a 37, they just measure a little smaller.
I am very interested to know your MPG if you make the change. I have the heavy option with 37, Ridge Grapplers, Black Rhino, 2" Clayton, 16 MPG

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I am very interested to know your MPG if you make the change. I have the heavy option with 37, Ridge Grapplers, Black Rhino, 2" Clayton, 16 MPG
I'll report back. I'm just shopping. Hard to get the wife on board when I got $1300 worth or tires with still 70% of the life left on them. Still working a angle on that one.

Red-Paint

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2019 RS3
Occupation
Contractor
I'll report back. I'm just shopping. Hard to get the wife on board when I got $1300 worth or tires with still 70% of the life left on them. Still working a angle on that one.
Ya, She will be pissed for a bit. Just get some flowers or some shit like that. She will forgive you. About three days.
Sponsored