First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Marketing
How has everyone found reliability of your JT?

I have 12k miles on my Mojave.

No issues until recently

1) steering issue I suspect was due to getting stuck in the snow

2) check engine light went on last week: dealer said today there are codes for cylinder firing and separately a radio issue.

It's a real pain to get it to the dealer etc but luckily covered by warranty.

Hoping it's not an ongoing trend.

What have your experiences been?
Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
1.5 years and 26k miles, no issues but my heated steering wheel stopped working the other day, from what I have read it will have to be replaced, still under warranty just dread going to the dealer

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
So far no issues, almost a year and 3500 miles on the odometer. I don't drive much...

Steering wanders a bit, but other than that, very reliable so far!

arskemp

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sarge Green Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT
Less than a week and about 700 miles in my radio started acting up and had a constant phantom touch in the bottom left corner of the screen. Pulling and reinserting the radio fuse seemed to fix it but I havent put enough miles on it since to confirm it's stayed fixed (happened a few days ago).

Spcbl1

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Mojave, 1997 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
Occupation
IT Director
18k miles, Mojave. Radio Replaced @ 6k, Axle Seal leak @12k, Ever since the axle seal and axle replacement there has been an obnoxious creaking when going over any road imperfections at lower speeds, like the control arm bushings are crying for help. I am not sure if those needed to get disconnected to do the axle, and maybe the "tech" didn't re-torque them under load and instead just torqued them while the vehicle was in the air. Center console USB port fails with apple car play every 10 minutes. pins for the door wiring harness messed up and I lost power door lock controls.

It's a Jeep thing??? I guess....

Sponsored

boltnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
Business Owner
Steering has been an issue from day one. I’ve given up on that. Had to replace both sunvisors, can’t really call that a reliability issue but definitely a quality concern. And…….oh yeah left me stranded at an intersection with the dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree. A flashing one at that, lights going on and off all over the truck, wipers wiping at uber slow speed, etc. (at around 16,000 miles) Wound up needing a new fuse box. A couple of strange electrical gremlins have reared their head since. A glitchy camera and an out of wack speedometer, both off which corrected themselves. Who knows what excitement the future holds:LOL:

Last edited:

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
How has everyone found reliability of your JT?

I have 12k miles on my Mojave.

No issues until recently

1) steering issue I suspect was due to getting stuck in the snow

2) check engine light went on last week: dealer said today there are codes for cylinder firing and separately a radio issue.

It's a real pain to get it to the dealer etc but luckily covered by warranty.

Hoping it's not an ongoing trend.

What have your experiences been?
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/jeep-reliability.21107/

Otherwise on third windshield. Driver side visor failed at 36,000 mi so having that one replaced but also have clips if it fails again. Tail lights fogged up, so having those replaced under warranty. Now have an oil leak.

jcarbs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tahoe
I just turned one year with 17K miles. No issues except for the rear seal leaking and fixed under warranty. It's been a solid vehicle.

stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR, '15 Range Rover
Occupation
Civil Eng
- Purchased JTR July 2020 (sold 2018 JLUS)
- no engine (3.6L), electrical, suspension modifications
- 25,500km
No problems, Very reliable.
(JLUS (3.6L) also had no issues and was very reliable)

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
Geee, you really want to read my story?

I have 32,800k kms and it’s dead. Transmission imploded at 32,800 kms. Whine started at 20k kms. Oil analysis done at 24k showing extreme high copper and iron and glycol contamination from the factory. Pump toast and clutch pack disintegrated. Owners manual instructs to change oil and filter if oil is contaminated. Dealership wouldn’t do a flush and wanted $3400 to drop the pan twice. I said no thanks and went to a certified transmission shop that was able to do a flush.

Owners manual also approved my use to use an “equivalent” oil for the transmission so i swapped out the glycol Mopar oil for full synthetic code compliant AMSOIL ATF. District Service Manager had a tantrum and voided my entire drivetrain warranty. FCA and dealership has been served legal notice to fix engine and transmission pursuant to Chrysler warranty mandates.

Now onto the engine…
First oil change and oil analysis done at 1000k kms. Lab alerted me to change oil and filter. Glycol contamination in the oil. I’ve done 6 oil changes and oil analysis reports in 32k kms. All reports show coolant consumption. 10 ounces consumed in 10k kms oil change period! Dealership said Chrysler won’t fix it if it isn’t broken and suggested I drive it into the ground. (That does not comply with the owners manual) Engine failure is eminent if not fixed.

Lost steering pump at least 8 times. Dealership changed pump under warranty.

Front doors creak when opening My reading of that suggests broken welds. Dealership didn’t look at it as there is too much going on with my truck and would overwhelm FCA.

I do NOT have a leaky right rear axel/hub seal.

Sponsored

Kilroy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mat tow sport
Well 24k, jeep still can't build a real working radio, I had the steering box replaced. Front inner door welds are broken but with no fix nothing that can be done for that. Atm nothing major mechanical and hoping to keep it that way.

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
Oh ya, I knew I was forgetting something….

At 16k kms had 2 misfires. First fix attempt was to replace injector. The fix was short lived and the second fix was to replace the camshaft and rocker for cylinder #2. Fix seems to have worked. I had FCA comment on the coolant consumption/misfire link theory I had. FCA said “coolant consumption did not damage the camshaft.” They left me hanging on the fact I’m still consuming coolant. They don’t care.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
Only issue I have had is the early steering box issue. With that replaced, no problems, and over 24k miles aside from self inflicted).

Self inflicted... Wife drove the truck, and didn't put in park when she turned it off, effectively leaving the power on overnight and draining the batteries. This disabled the auto start system until dealer made sure batteries were charged and cleared the code.

19 MPG reduced to 15 MPG due to installation of lift, and 35's.

Trailman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Steering has been an issue from day one. I’ve given up on that. Had to replace both sunvisors, can’t really call that a reliability issue but definitely a quality concern. And…….oh yeah left me stranded at an intersection with the dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree. A flashing one at that, lights going on and off all over the truck, wipers wiping at uber slow speed, etc. (at around 16,000 miles) Wound up needing a new fuse box. A couple of strange electrical gremlins have reared their head since. A glitchy camera and an out of wack speedometer, both off which corrected themselves. Who knows what excitement the future holds:LOL:
Did you get the free steering box upgrade? That made a pretty big difference for me.

boltnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
Business Owner
I did and it made zero difference for me. Now the dealership says there’s nothing wrong with it.
Sponsored