LED Bulb Replacement - IT WORKS!

JOKER8R

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / GCM - 2016 KIA Optima
Can you confirm that your DRL work when you have your light switched to AUTO during the day?

My LEDs that replaced my Halogen DRL bulbs only work on AUTO when it is dark and ALL LIGHTS are on. However, during the day, the DRL LED bulbs do not work.
Yeah, pisses me off too. This is the only issue I have with these replacement LED bulbs. Everything else works and performs flawlessly.

Ok, they do work during the day while on auto while driving, stopped or in park, I thought they did but when I replied they didn’t work I had put it in drive and pulled the parking brake so apparently in park or drive when you pull the parking brake it shuts off the DRL, go figure.
Sponsored

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I read through this thread and decided to go the LED route. I didn’t use the lights listed by OP, but I’ll share my findings. I went with Sylvania Zevo White LED in the DRL and reverse lights. Cost $50 for all four.

First off was the reverse. They were plug and play. That simple. Zero issues. They were an obviously brighter white light, but I haven’t seen them at night, so output is TBD. Bulb number for my Sport S was 921. First photo shows LED left and halogen right. Second is LED in both.

8710D8CA-7EEA-48CD-86D4-7251C9EC18F8.png
1E4DFEF3-42C0-460D-A3EA-0BECB9574725.png

Next is the DRL. I do have a Sport S, but a package my Gladiator came with added the upgraded DRL assembly. I have one bulb for blinker and another bulb for DRL. There is a side marker that is separate as well. The bulb number for the DRL was 7443. These bulbs were plug and play as well. They worked EXACTLY as the halogen bulbs did. They come on when AUTO is selected when headlights are on or off, when lights are turned to ON, when lights are turned to DRL only, when fog lights are on, etc. EXACTLY like the halogen lights. I say all that because when doing research I read that some LED bulbs that replaced halogen would only work on AUTO. These work just like they were factory except they look MUCH better.
BD9F239D-6104-44D7-8649-3362A0F42576.jpeg
C6292E41-951F-49C5-86DB-AC2C16D5FEFC.jpeg

Good luck to anyone who goes for this. You’ll not be disappointed. Now for headlights and fog lights!!:rock:

bcunning82

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Bright White
FWIW, I replaced my halogen DRL's in my Rubicon with Sylvania White ZEVO 7443 LED's and they work in AUTO during the day with the head lamps off.

11236785_syl_7443ledbp2_pri_larg.jpg
Did you replace the Turn Signal Bulb with LED? If so what product did you use ?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Did you replace the Turn Signal Bulb with LED? If so what product did you use ?
Just the DRL's. Have not messed with the turn signal bulbs and probably will not.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious if everyone is still having zero issues out of the bulbs from the original post. I'm ready to upgrade my headlights and was considering the King Kong headlights but I really like how the stock ones look on the Jeep. I'd prefer to keep that look and just upgrade the bulbs. I guess if I'm doing the DRLs I'll grab the sylvania ones

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Also do these headlight bulbs have high and low beam. Just wanted to make sure because some of the reviews say they Don't

JOKER8R

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just curious if everyone is still having zero issues out of the bulbs from the original post. I'm ready to upgrade my headlights and was considering the King Kong headlights but I really like how the stock ones look on the Jeep. I'd prefer to keep that look and just upgrade the bulbs. I guess if I'm doing the DRLs I'll grab the sylvania ones
“ZERO” issues here

NaughtyGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
@Jeeperjamie , I installed the headlight bulbs about a month ago. Make sure you orient the bulbs properly and you won't have any issues. Check your headlight alignment afterwards just to be sure but nothing should change. I've driven a good deal of dark back roads and haven't been flashed by oncoming traffic yet. Huge improvement in light output, best $25 I think I've spent on my Jeep. Just to note, I only changed the headlight bulbs.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
“ZERO” issues here
@Jeeperjamie , I installed the headlight bulbs about a month ago. Make sure you orient the bulbs properly and you won't have any issues. Check your headlight alignment afterwards just to be sure but nothing should change. I've driven a good deal of dark back roads and haven't been flashed by oncoming traffic yet. Huge improvement in light output, best $25 I think I've spent on my Jeep. Just to note, I only changed the headlight bulbs.
Did you guys do the original post ones or the Headlight Revolution ones. If I got to go the HR route I may just do whole replacements. If I can stay around a $100 it would well worth keeping the stock look on the jeep. Dealership is crazy for wanting what they want for the stock led ones. Money gimmick if you ask me.

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2005 Jeep TJ RME
If you want to see much better and stay Halogen, SilverStar Ultra make a big difference and are probably available at your local auto parts store:
https://www.amazon.com/SYLVANIA-SilverStar-Performance-Replacement-Technology/dp/B005KDO8U0

They also heat the front lens so less risk of snow and ice buildup in winter conditions. I'm running the Alla 7440 LED yellow and white for front blinkers and drl's no issue, and didn't even use my taser to reprogram, they just work. Alla 921's for reverse lights. I wouldn't buy another thing from Headlight Revolution. Might try the Oracle H13 LED retrofit bulbs in summer.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
If you want to see much better and stay Halogen, SilverStar Ultra make a big difference and are probably available at your local auto parts store:
https://www.amazon.com/SYLVANIA-SilverStar-Performance-Replacement-Technology/dp/B005KDO8U0

They also heat the front lens so less risk of snow and ice buildup in winter conditions. I'm running the Alla 7440 LED yellow and white for front blinkers and drl's no issue, and didn't even use my taser to reprogram, they just work. Alla 921's for reverse lights. I wouldn't buy another thing from Headlight Revolution. Might try the Oracle H13 LED retrofit bulbs in summer.
You got any pictures of the bulbs you mentioned, night shots?

JOKER8R

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you guys do the original post ones or the Headlight Revolution ones. If I got to go the HR route I may just do whole replacements. If I can stay around a $100 it would well worth keeping the stock look on the jeep. Dealership is crazy for wanting what they want for the stock led ones. Money gimmick if you ask me.
original post

7BA668AE-A6B5-48F9-8115-1C5EAC73519F.jpeg

JOKER8R

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As I mentioned I’ve had no issues, if that changes I will be going the HR route