LED Bulb Replacement - IT WORKS!

Texas_Gladiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1998 Wrangler
So, I just realized today that my DRL LED Replacement bulbs that I got from Headlight Revolution are not running when I set my lights to Auto. The fender lights responsible for DRL will only turn on when the headlights are on.

I replaced all of my halogen bulbs with LEDs recommended on Headlight Revolution's site. They have a page dedicated to the Jeep Gladiator and I purchased all of my replacement LED bulbs based on that. Sucks. I wish I could get my DRL to work without having to purchase a Tazer but I may need to now.

All other LED bulbs works flawlessly and some outperform OEM LEDs (Fog lights and Reverse lights).
I'm not 100% sure, but if you're talking about what I think you're talking about it is not going to work even with a Tazer. I got LED switchback bulbs for my Sport S thinking I would have nice white DRL's but it doesn't work if you just have the Sport S with the single bulb in the fender. I tried every setting on the Tazer but no luck. If you choose the Front Turn as the DRL, it turns on the amber light. Just FYI...
Sponsored

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler
I'm not 100% sure, but if you're talking about what I think you're talking about it is not going to work even with a Tazer. I got LED switchback bulbs for my Sport S thinking I would have nice white DRL's but it doesn't work if you just have the Sport S with the single bulb in the fender. I tried every setting on the Tazer but no luck. If you choose the Front Turn as the DRL, it turns on the amber light. Just FYI...
I have 2 bulbs in each fender. 1 dedicated for turn signal and 1 dedicated for DRL. The LED bulb dedicated for DRL doesn't work if no other lights are on. Only when other light bulbs are on.

However, when I switch my DRL bulbs back to the original Halogen bulbs, they work as DRLs.

Texas_Gladiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1998 Wrangler
I have 2 bulbs in each fender. 1 dedicated for turn signal and 1 dedicated for DRL. The LED bulb dedicated for DRL doesn't work if no other lights are on. Only when other light bulbs are on.

However, when I switch my DRL bulbs back to the original Halogen bulbs, they work as DRLs.
Ok, cool... hopefully the Tazer gets you squared away! :like:

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

Sponsored

Austingobi

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator S
Just did it. Best mod so far. modern vehicle. Thank you very much.

DylanR

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I’m lit, finally got around to installing them plus I added the Diode Dynamics side markers. These are awesome, so damn bright.

890EC1ED-F867-431D-B256-6B53C176099C.jpeg

62717265-4A82-44CC-9BEF-39D5C88E757A.jpeg

343C9053-BF26-4238-A0DD-84736DE8C383.jpeg

90ECA9DD-8E7A-42F8-904E-0EF17DA88ADD.jpeg

2463F569-1356-474E-BABD-FFBBD44923C4.jpeg

3C7BD916-AE4D-48C5-82F5-3A8A1A57CBBD.jpeg
looks great... did you get the ones from the original post?
Do they change to amber? Judging by that one pic or is it just out of order and that was before...?
How is the diode dynamics working out? I am planning to do those as well and want to do it all at the same time. These will complement my Oracle oculus much better.

JOKER8R

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / GCM - 2016 KIA Optima
looks great... did you get the ones from the original post?
Do they change to amber? Judging by that one pic or is it just out of order and that was before...?
How is the diode dynamics working out? I am planning to do those as well and want to do it all at the same time. These will complement my Oracle oculus much better.
Yes, these are the ones from the original post. Not sure I understand your question but the turn signal is only Amber when activated otherwise it’s off and the DRL is on. DD side marker lights are fine, that pic is probably brighter than what they actually are.

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enabler
Yes, these are the ones from the original post. Not sure I understand your question but the turn signal is only Amber when activated otherwise it’s off and the DRL is on. DD side marker lights are fine, that pic is probably brighter than what they actually are.
Can you confirm that your DRL work when you have your light switched to AUTO during the day?

My LEDs that replaced my Halogen DRL bulbs only work on AUTO when it is dark and ALL LIGHTS are on. However, during the day, the DRL LED bulbs do not work.

JOKER8R

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you confirm that your DRL work when you have your light switched to AUTO during the day?

My LEDs that replaced my Halogen DRL bulbs only work on AUTO when it is dark and ALL LIGHTS are on. However, during the day, the DRL LED bulbs do not work.
I’ll take a pic and post it tomorrow

Sponsored

DylanR

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I was just wanting to do this... clear or amber diode and when I say white that could mean LED white... just considering the most economical way of doing this because I may change my fenders all together later on. I am curious about the daytime running lights on the max tow as well just trying to get everything to look appropriate to match the oculus headlights I have.

A49173E5-EB4C-4AC0-B0D7-ED5D27873EA2.jpeg

20649F19-39E3-4039-BF0F-2AF14ADD5444.jpeg

JOKER8R

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Well, well, well. They do not come on in the scenario you asked as I thought they did. Hmmm, guess I’ll need to dig into that.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Well, well, well. They do not come on in the scenario you asked as I thought they did. Hmmm, guess I’ll need to dig into that.
FWIW, I replaced my halogen DRL's in my Rubicon with Sylvania White ZEVO 7443 LED's and they work in AUTO during the day with the head lamps off.

11236785_syl_7443ledbp2_pri_larg.jpg

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enabler
Yeah, pisses me off too. This is the only issue I have with these replacement LED bulbs. Everything else works and performs flawlessly.

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enabler
FWIW, I replaced my halogen DRL's in my Rubicon with Sylvania White ZEVO 7443 LED's and they work in AUTO during the day with the head lamps off.

11236785_syl_7443ledbp2_pri_larg.jpg
Thanks for the info. If I cannot get these $70 Headlight Revolution LED bulbs to work for my DRL I may have to check these out.
Sponsored