First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Wheels are 17x8.5 and 5.5” backspacing. That is the largest that dynatrac will fit as it will hit the knuckle and I can’t even fit my pinky fingernail in there. I am probably going with a 5 or 4.75” backspacing on the next set of beadlocks. Again these were cheapies for temp use, and there is Zero rubbing anywhere. Maybe because it’s a RK 4.5” lift which is fairly tall. I have flexed it out and haven’t trimmed a thing. Definitely recommend. Only complaints are 5.13s instead of 4.88s but I found them in stock so I just dealt with it. Also I have the ecodiesel. Feel free to hit me up with any questions I have been meaning to do a write up and show how I installed the Anti-rock with the XD60s and pass on the gouge.

good timing on this. I just posted a thread on my next jump id love for you to jump into the discussion mine is a diesel as well. Motobilt convinced me that I wanted 4.88s for my specific goals. I almost jumped on a set of dynatracs I found for a good discount by they were only 68" wide and im trying my absolute best to run high offset for turning and scrub.

RK was pretty concerned I might have contact if I went with an offset like yours and did their front coil over. how close as the tire to hitting fender or control arms?
Sponsored

JTGuy

First Name
Pascual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Manager
They look cool but things are going to bend and break and wear like you never seen. Try a lock to lock turn at full flex.

Blackdmax15

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR-D, 2017 Porsche Macan GTS, 2014 Yukon XL
Occupation
Pilot
Thank you @Blackdmax15
My steed is in the shop having a couple things done, unfortunately.. or else I'd go out on the driveway and snap some more pics. I was able to dig up this one from the side [before I did the maximus-3 roll bar and cargo deck] but you're looking at the 'flow' of the Nemesis fenders w/ the RSE steps/sliders I think they are spot on man! I was initially concerned how that would look as well, but just chose to trust my shop and see how they came out. Totally happy.
*supposedly my phone has one of the best cameras out there, but still I manage to snap off horrible pictures.. hopefully if you zoom in on this you can see. It's like those flares were meant to be coupled with the RSE sliders.

20230108_162243.jpg
Awesome and respectfully request to copy except I’ll by in hydro blue haha.
good timing on this. I just posted a thread on my next jump id love for you to jump into the discussion mine is a diesel as well. Motobilt convinced me that I wanted 4.88s for my specific goals. I almost jumped on a set of dynatracs I found for a good discount by they were only 68" wide and im trying my absolute best to run high offset for turning and scrub.

RK was pretty concerned I might have contact if I went with an offset like yours and did their front coil over. how close as the tire to hitting fender or control arms?
They may be correct and these pictures aren’t great as I just ran downstairs in my garage but there is a ton of room. Again the knuckle is tight and I would probably do 5” or 4.75” backspacing next time, but I didn’t want to be mega wide.

IMG_3466.jpeg

IMG_3465.jpeg

IMG_3464.jpeg

Blackdmax15

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR-D, 2017 Porsche Macan GTS, 2014 Yukon XL
Occupation
Pilot
They look cool but things are going to bend and break and wear like you never seen. Try a lock to lock turn at full flex.
Are you referring to the coilovers? If so I was worried about that as well. I bought the cheaper shocks with the kit to get it rolling and they are already leaking from the seals in the front. But this isn’t my first rodeo with higher end shocks. If I can get 10k before they start leaking and I need to send them in for servicing then I’m okay. I’m at like 9500 after the swap so it checks. Not a bash on RK, as I knowingly bought cheaper shocks from them since the SDI E-click shocks are still what I plan on ordering. But I’m running significantly wider and heavier axles on 40s, so shocks can be a “weaker” link for now.

Sponsored

krweatherl

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Occupation
Heavy Haul Truck Driver
Last edited:

krweatherl

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Occupation
Heavy Haul Truck Driver
40” Patagonia XT installed yesterday on my JTRD, Black Rhino Arsenal 17x8 +30 offset. Plan is to keep as little offset as possible. Right now at full lock the tire barely rubs the lower control arm, never would have believed that, I was expecting it to rub bad. I’ll cycle the suspension and play with spacers and bump stops to figure things out. I really like my wheels but it’s only available in this size or the opposite extreme of a 17x9.5 -18 offset, I had the Armory in that size on my last JTR and I don’t really want to run that much poke if I can get away with something less. Probably not what most of you would do but I’m almost 60 and no extreme wheeling, just my daily and some overland camping. Had the 37” Falken AT3W and while a great tire they were just swallowed but the truck.

Jeep Gladiator Let's see your 40" Tires! IMG_3848
Jeep Gladiator Let's see your 40" Tires! IMG_3853
Jeep Gladiator Let's see your 40" Tires! IMG_3849
Jeep Gladiator Let's see your 40" Tires! IMG_3851

Here’s the JT I had before the JTRD
Jeep Gladiator Let's see your 40" Tires! IMG_7751

krweatherl

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Occupation
Heavy Haul Truck Driver
Do you happen to know what the actual diameter is on your JT?
I can answer that myself now. Just installed the same Patagonia XT 40”. Measures 38.5” on the truck, 39.25 off.
Jeep Gladiator Let's see your 40" Tires! IMG_3860

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR
40” Patagonia XT installed yesterday on my JTRD, Black Rhino Arsenal 17x8 +30 offset. Plan is to keep as little offset as possible.
Jeep Gladiator Let's see your 40" Tires! IMG_3860

Here’s the JT I had before the JTRD
After having my JLUR on 40's/longarms/coilovers with some serious Poke, My recently acquired Diesel Gladiator is getting less of a rock crawler and more of an overlanding/motorcycle hauling setup. This offset is very close to what I am hoping to get with the factory fenders. Trying to convince myself 37's are the move but man, did I like having 40's really aired way down for offroading and still having clearance. May send you a PM with some questions about your setup.

krweatherl

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Occupation
Heavy Haul Truck Driver
After having my JLUR on 40's/longarms/coilovers with some serious Poke, My recently acquired Diesel Gladiator is getting less of a rock crawler and more of an overlanding/motorcycle hauling setup. This offset is very close to what I am hoping to get with the factory fenders. Trying to convince myself 37's are the move but man, did I like having 40's really aired way down for offroading and still having clearance. May send you a PM with some questions about your setup.
Well I already changed my setup, picked up a set of Teraflex Nomad wheels used, 18x8.5 0 offset. Figured I could have made the other +30 wheels work using MetalCloak lower control arms since the tire barely made contact with the own LCA but this should require less other mods and it’s not a terrible amount of poke. Thinking I might get a set of the Extreme Recon fender extensions.
Jeep Gladiator Let's see your 40" Tires! IMG_4004
Jeep Gladiator Let's see your 40" Tires! IMG_4002

Jeep Gladiator Let's see your 40" Tires! IMG_4015

Sponsored

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR
Bought this jeep a couple weeks ago and previous owner before me put the XR fender extensions on it already. My goal was to figure what offset/backspacing would put me right at the edge of those with some 38 or 40/13.50s on it. I was helping a buddy with his jeep and thought I'd do a 40inch comparison with his STT Pros. 😅

Jeep Gladiator Let's see your 40" Tires! 1000007816

krweatherl

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Occupation
Heavy Haul Truck Driver
Bought this jeep a couple weeks ago and previous owner before me put the XR fender extensions on it already. My goal was to figure what offset/backspacing would put me right at the edge of those with some 38 or 40/13.50s on it. I was helping a buddy with his jeep and thought I'd do a 40inch comparison with his STT Pros. 😅

Jeep Gladiator Let's see your 40" Tires! 1000007816
Mine are the 40x13.50, with the 0 offset it looks like I’d be right at the edge of the XR extension. I’m running Mopar 2” springs with 1.5 spacers for about 3 1/2” lift.
Here’s a few pictures of the +30 wheels with a 1.5” wheel spacer which would = about -8 offset. I was playing around with offsets deciding if I wanted the 0 offset or more.
Jeep Gladiator Let's see your 40" Tires! IMG_3988
Jeep Gladiator Let's see your 40" Tires! IMG_3989
Jeep Gladiator Let's see your 40" Tires! IMG_3990

RubiNewbCB

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD, 07 Mustang GT, 05 Hoe, 90 Fox body 393W
Occupation
USN Seabee (1994-2021Ret.) / Current status DoD Contractor
Mine are the 40x13.50, with the 0 offset it looks like I’d be right at the edge of the XR extension. I’m running Mopar 2” springs with 1.5 spacers for about 3 1/2” lift.
Here’s a few pictures of the +30 wheels with a 1.5” wheel spacer which would = about -8 offset. I was playing around with offsets deciding if I wanted the 0 offset or more.
What Roof rack are you running?

krweatherl

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Occupation
Heavy Haul Truck Driver
What Roof rack are you running?
The roof rack is the Bestop Granite Series for JT or JL 2door. I was fortunate to get it for $192 when they had a 60% off sale promotion last month. I also got the one for the JL 4door to put on top of my bed rack at the same level as the roof rack, just haven’t gotten around to it yet.

GMag

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I took the leap yesterday. I chose to run Teraflex Nomad split spokes with a -12 offset after reading the positive feedback from a bunch of members here and so far really like what I see. Axles are getting the necessary treatment but still not sure what front inners to go with. So far the AAL ones are the front runners just seems like a lotta unnecessary coin. I felt the Paramount guys figured it out right with their very factory looking plastic one but it’s no longer available.

IMG_2490.jpeg
Sponsored