First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Had a talk with my local shop and discussed where my geometry currently is. As it sits, it looks perfect and I wont be changing the front track bar bracket or flipping the drag link. They are currently perfectly parallel, so any gain from a raise and flip will be minimal.

Once the truck gets the bumper and winch; and longer travel fox racing shocks, we’ll asses the body roll and droop travel and see if it is necessary or not.

2TH MVR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD. Audi A7, Alfa Romeo 4C
Occupation
Orthodontist
I'm a noob eventually looking to buy a gladiator. Curious how high your garage opening is. Your jeep fits in the garage? With the 37's and 2 inch lift?

Thx.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
I'm a noob eventually looking to buy a gladiator. Curious how high your garage opening is. Your jeep fits in the garage? With the 37's and 2 inch lift?

Thx.
I think my garage is 82”. Im 3” above rubicon height, on 37’s, and fit.

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Nice looking truck, I wish they had announced the Mojave before I leased mine. I will need to test one, but it is pretty much exactly how I wanted to set mine up. Will be hoping I have some equity on my lease when it gets turned in lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Nice looking truck, I wish they had announced the Mojave before I leased mine. I will need to test one, but it is pretty much exactly how I wanted to set mine up. Will be hoping I have some equity on my lease when it gets turned in lol
Thanks much. Mojave suspension comes up for sale all the time.

Ill be selling mine in a couple months. Ive got an opportunity to go fox racing custom one offs.

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Thanks much. Mojave suspension comes up for sale all the time.

Ill be selling mine in a couple months. Ive got an opportunity to go fox racing custom one offs.
I think if I planned to go above and beyond factory Mojave specs that's the way I would go, but all the other Mojave parts would put me well over just trading it in.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
I think if I planned to go above and beyond factory Mojave specs that's the way I would go, but all the other Mojave parts would put me well over just trading it in.
Id be surprised if you could flip a used truck to a new one for $2-2500, but that would be sweet.

Thats usually the price the suspension goes for depending on how much is included.

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Id be surprised if you could flip a used truck to a new one for $2-2500, but that would be sweet.

Thats usually the price the suspension goes for depending on how much is included.
I mean the reinforced frame, 4.10 gears cause I don't have a max tow, rear locker, etc.

Sponsored

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation

Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

First Name
Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Army
Vehicle Showcase
View attachment 134711

Buddy came up and helped with the install. A quick word: It’s not terribly hard, but it is very involved and its a fair amount of work. If you even question “can I do this myself?” My advice to you would be not to try. There’s drilling, a lot of specific tq specs, measurements, on and on that have to be right or the truck wont drive right. If you’re comfortable WGD (Wrenching, Grinding, Drilling) and you have time on your schedule, then full send.

A quick exec-sum here followed by a couple pics and videos

So:
2020 Mojave.
What we did:

- Fabtech Mojave Specific basic lift. No, the shock mounts do not have to be drilled out with this kid the way they do on others. No, the springs did NOT compromise the ride of the Mojave system. They integrate flawlessly to the stock shocks and the truck rides like stock. MAYBE a touch stiffer, but its perfect. Minimal body roll increase if any from added lift height.

- Synergy Drag Link and Tie Rod w/ Fox 2.0 reinstalled w/ Dana HD ball joints

- @Clayton Off Road Overland+ control arm kit & adjustable track bars front and rear. This is REALLY nice shit.

- Rock Jock carrier bearing drop spacer

- Rock Krawler rear track bar relocation tower

- The front Teraflex track bar relocation bracket did not fit based on the bolt for the steering stabilizer relocation mount. I have a Synergy relocation bracket on back order, and will assess if my wheels will allow for a drag link flip. If I can DLF, I will do the bracket in the front as well.

- AEV Geometry correction brackets. These are a *GAME CHANGER* for your at-speed on-highway vehicle dynamics. The truck dives LESS NOW that it did stock under hard braking. For the “I wheel so hard Id rip those things right off” crowd: Eehhh, you really don’t. As you can see they arent that low relative to other points of the truck. If they dont work for you, that’s fine, build your truck as you see fit for your purposes. I prioritize vehicle dynamics over EVERYTHING else I do with suspension, hence the selection. If you’re a big time rock krawler, then these might not be the best approach. But for overanding, daily driving, moderate trail use, etc these things are imo worth it.

- Total lift height came in between 2-2.5ish inches, and Ill add a 3/4 rear spacer to the rear to get some rake built in. If you want level truck, this lift is level as stock.

Pics of Geo bracket LCA mount vs stock rear frame LCA mount: there is no loss of clearance relative to other points.
5E381781-BD9D-4DE9-B61E-753A041F5600.jpeg
0376E3E9-E66E-49CD-9B60-119BBA0622CE.jpeg

Vids:

Hope that helps!!!
You are far more than simply mechanically inclined, Kurt.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
You are far more than simply mechanically inclined, Kurt.
I appreciate that thanks haha. I was never ‘trained’ as a mechanic so I wont claim it. I also left out the fact that we totally fucked up and accidentally disconnected both front upper control arms and the axle rolled forward. We disconnected the driver side having completely forgotten the pass was already disconnected.

We werent sure if it would be wise or not to use the front drive shaft/pinion as leverage to bring it back......so i laid on my back/side; braced my shoulders into the cinderblocks of the garage wall bottom and squat pressed the axle back into position by the UCA mounts. That sucker is heavy and under a shit ton of tension. I squat north of 500lb, and there was a minute we werent sure i was going to be able to get it back into position. Ended up being fine in the end; but i can tell you for sure that was a lesson ill only need to learn once.

Experience. The mother of all teachers. 🤣😂🤷🏼‍♂️

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Its only just now that im ready for a real mechanic to show up in this thread and say “uh. Hey dummy. You should have just done xyz real quick and the axle would have been re centered.” Hahahaha

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Updating this: a load north of 300lb compressed the rear spring 1/2 and inch. They are considerably stiffer at the load rate and still Ride great and are still adequately damped.
Sponsored