Loose Steering?

NateSamJT20

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR LE - 18 FORD EXPEDITION MAX
so on my way into work I decided to take a video of the steering. You might not be able to tell but figured I’d post anyway.
The steering not being straight is a very easy fix by adjusting the drag link. Will take all of a Few mins
Yes, this I know, and have done it on previous Jeeps after changing suspensions....I don’t want to move it until dealer sees it as it started before trackbar and stabilizer
Sponsored

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubion "LE"
so on my way into work I decided to take a video of the steering. You might not be able to tell but figured I’d post anyway.

Yes, this I know, and have done it on previous Jeeps after changing suspensions....I don’t want to move it until dealer sees it as it started before trackbar and stabilizer
You already messed up by changing stuff before the dealer visit. Either fix the steering and take it to dealer or put stock parts back on so dealer has nothing to blame shit on.

don’t give them any more reason to be dismissive then they are naturally

Rayzzz

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I had mine at the dealer today to have my back window replaced that was scratched when I picked it up new. I told them about the loose steering and drove it and they said that was normal. I said I think I will be back later to talk about it when they come up with more understanding of how to fix it.

My Jeep likes my money

Last edited:

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had mine at the dealer today to have my back window replaced that was scratched when I picked it up new. I told them about the loose steering and drove it and they said that was normal. I said I think I will be back later to talk about it when they come up with more understanding of how to fix it.

My Jeep likes my money
With more miles I do honestly believe it gets better. Strong believer in lower Tire PSI helps too. Setting mine to 30PSI has made the ride much softer and steering response much better. When it comes to MPG I am getting roughly 17 to 18mpg HWY avg 80mph on a hilly portion of I75. I don't think I am losing much if any MPG at this pressure. I decided on 30PSI by doing the chalk test. I would say I have maybe an inch of play in the steering wheel.

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care

My Jeep likes my money
Hi Ray,
We're sorry to learn that you are experiencing a steering concern on your new Gladiator. If you need any assistance in the future while working with your dealer, please send our team a private message.
Alex
Jeep Cares

Lumberjack500

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon Departed: 1979 CJ5, 1995 XJ, 1997 TJ, 2010 JK
I agree with the mileage. Mine seems to be better. Or I could be used to it.

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White), 2001 TJ Sahara (white)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has appt at the dealer next week for the steering. Definitely not right. Way too much play/loose feeling especially at highway speeds. It's all over the road and it probably looks like I'm a drunk driver. I've got an 01 TJ with 37s that is more stable on the highway than this. I've no doubt Jeep will get it fixed. I've heard there is a new steering box part# replacement...so might have been an issue there. We will see.

Sponsored

the-dude-abides

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020
Anyone in the St Louis region? I’d be willing to meet up to let anyone drive mine and see what they think
I am. Have a LE JTR. We can swap and assess. I've gotten used to mine but windy roads with a load is still an attention grabber. Let me know if you want to meet up.

erichsglad

First Name
erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
The steering not being straight is a very easy fix by adjusting the drag link. Will take all of a Few mins
My wheel also is at about a 15 degree slant left at center, same loose steering issues. Getting nowhere with the dealer. How do you adjust the drag link?

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White), 2001 TJ Sahara (white)
Vehicle Showcase
Getting nowhere with the dealer. How do you adjust the drag link?
I think I'd find a different dealer if they can't even adjust your steering wheel. I'm hoping my dealer takes this seriously and fixes the problem. Clearly they don't all do this.

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have dealt with two different dealers for my wife’s JL and even had Jeep care(Useless) involved.

I managed to get it to where the car drives fine by doing all the things I mention earlier in the thread. Wife is happy, I am happy. FCA can go suck it them sleeze balls
Sponsored