Magnuson TVS1900 Kit Available Now

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Okay, last update as to how and if I like the Magnuson and what I think.

As I said in the last update, Magnuson sent me an updated file and I said it was better. Well actually I really like how it drives now. Throttle is smooth with no dead pedal or light switch effect. If you give it the biscuit it will flat get up and move! In fact you have to pay attention when just driving normal and taking off from a stop easily, you will be over the speed limit very quickly and easily. My son who has a tuned '19 Challenger Scat Pac with the 392 says it feels like a 5.7 hemi when getting on it :).
Highway driving up to around 70 mph is pretty good as in cruising. It seems to hold 8th pretty easy with the occasional drop into 7th on hills and such, which is expected and it did pre supercharger. Now I still feel like it does not hold 8th at anything above 75 mph like it should. It drops to 7th with any slight load, such as hills, headwinds and if you have both it will stay in 7th almost constantly. I swear it held 8th better prior to the supercharger but maybe I am wrong, but I do not think so. Is it bad? Yes and no, fuel mileage suffers when in 7th but it will move down the highway with ease and if you need to accelerate. Well just apply the pedal and away you go!
I really think at this point it may just need to be put on a dyno to see what is going on at cruising speeds on the highway. Larger tires, lower gears and the torque of the supercharger may just not be agreeing with the torque values in the transmission, so it is trying to adjust to them, I don't know, just a guess.
All in all I really like how it is running now, fine tuning can come later. Now I just need to tow the Rpod camper to see if it has helped in that area, but it is winterized and probably will not get a chance to do that until spring.
Hopefully this helps someone with there decision making. Just remember, I have 37" tires, 4.88 gears and a 3" lift so someone with stock or up to 35" may not have any of these issues I had or seen.
Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Okay, last update as to how and if I like the Magnuson and what I think.

As I said in the last update, Magnuson sent me an updated file and I said it was better. Well actually I really like how it drives now. Throttle is smooth with no dead pedal or light switch effect. If you give it the biscuit it will flat get up and move! In fact you have to pay attention when just driving normal and taking off from a stop easily, you will be over the speed limit very quickly and easily. My son who has a tuned '19 Challenger Scat Pac with the 392 says it feels like a 5.7 hemi when getting on it :).
Highway driving up to around 70 mph is pretty good as in cruising. It seems to hold 8th pretty easy with the occasional drop into 7th on hills and such, which is expected and it did pre supercharger. Now I still feel like it does not hold 8th at anything above 75 mph like it should. It drops to 7th with any slight load, such as hills, headwinds and if you have both it will stay in 7th almost constantly. I swear it held 8th better prior to the supercharger but maybe I am wrong, but I do not think so. Is it bad? Yes and no, fuel mileage suffers when in 7th but it will move down the highway with ease and if you need to accelerate. Well just apply the pedal and away you go!
I really think at this point it may just need to be put on a dyno to see what is going on at cruising speeds on the highway. Larger tires, lower gears and the torque of the supercharger may just not be agreeing with the torque values in the transmission, so it is trying to adjust to them, I don't know, just a guess.
All in all I really like how it is running now, fine tuning can come later. Now I just need to tow the Rpod camper to see if it has helped in that area, but it is winterized and probably will not get a chance to do that until spring.
Hopefully this helps someone with there decision making. Just remember, I have 37" tires, 4.88 gears and a 3" lift so someone with stock or up to 35" may not have any of these issues I had or seen.
Winterized,,,, whaaaaaa!! My rig is DD until the wheels fall off lol!

AGUILA125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP GLADIATOR RUBICON / 2019 Jeep Wrangler UNLIMITED RUBICON
Occupation
MEDICAL FIELD / RADIOLOGY
Vehicle Showcase
Installation is complete! We are just waiting for the ECM to come back from the unlock service and tune. We will top of fluids and take it for a spin soon. The install is very straight forward and turned out super clean.

20200102_093004[1].jpg
how much is the fee for the installation and tune/dyno??

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Winterized,,,, whaaaaaa!! My rig is DD until the wheels fall off lol!
The camper is winterized, lol. So no towing of it, not the Gladiator! It is my DD also.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
It still looks like a hemi swap will give more consistent power and torque boosts and be overall more turnkey. This was a super helpful thread btw so thanks for that.

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The camper is winterized, lol. So no towing of it, not the Gladiator! It is my DD also.
Wew! You had me worried .
Hemi swaps have their place and their price. I think the Magnuson is a great piece of kit and tunning support is quickly catching up to the hardware. The hardware is solid, factory, legit stuff. It looks factory, and has factory reliability. The tuning was probably the only non factory part about it. I think several factors conspired to cause that issue. A primary one being the factory calibration has issues with implementation. I think the tuning is catching up for all kits. It is pretty amazing I can put a lump of aluminum on top my V6 and have high performance V8 power and still drive it every day and leave my garage for work at 5am and not even wake the dog.

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
It still looks like a hemi swap will give more consistent power and torque boosts and be overall more turnkey. This was a super helpful thread btw so thanks for that.
Yes the hemi would be a great swap but at $35000, whew! Don't get me wrong I can kind of see the cost as they are using new motors and trans. I swapped in a used 6.0 LS and 6L80E into my 2007 JKU with a DIY kit for about half of that price. A lot of work and tuning after to get it going and going right. Hopefully they are turn key with no issues with tuning and such.
For $6500 the supercharger will give you some time to either get over the hemi itch or make it worse lol!
As DAVECS1 stated, I think the tuning is getting caught up to the kits and some of the variations associated with mods to get these running good.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Is this compatible with the 6 speed manual ?
...should be, manual shifting depends on the driver and not a computer. I have a supercharger on my 2014 JKURX with a manual and it runs great.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know there is someone running around with a manual. I have been messaging with him. I would think this would work well as it takes one of the variables out of the equation.

Sponsored

LT1Chevy210

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2.0L, 2021 JLUR Ecodiesel, 2019 Duramax
I've been running the Maggie on my JL w/ a 6 spd (and the member DaveCS1 mentioned).

I reached out to Magnuson a week ago to see if they have released any changes since I installed the supercharger in early October. They sent me a revised tune on Friday that is leaps and bounds better than the initial tune.

Their current calibration is exactly what I expected from this kit. Significantly more power and torque exactly where it needed it. I wouldn't hesitate about adding it to a 6 spd vehicle again.

Deleted member 30519

I've been running the Maggie on my JL w/ a 6 spd (and the member DaveCS1 mentioned).

I reached out to Magnuson a week ago to see if they have released any changes since I installed the supercharger in early October. They sent me a revised tune on Friday that is leaps and bounds better than the initial tune.

Their current calibration is exactly what I expected from this kit. Significantly more power and torque exactly where it needed it. I wouldn't hesitate about adding it to a 6 spd vehicle again.
Thanks for the info. I'm definitely considering this in the future.

RidinDirty

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I know there is someone running around with a manual. I have been messaging with him. I would think this would work well as it takes one of the variables out of the equation.
Kinda a weird question but are you downloading the tunes yourself or are you a dealer so you have the software to do it?

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They unlock your PC when you buy the supercharger kit. I requested my stock tune from Petty and bought another ECM with the stock tune in it. I down loaded the supercharger tune from Petty and the Stock tune. Then did heaps of reading and talking to some friends Inhave in the industry. Then I got to work. I am just using HP tuners as I like their scan tool and PID definition implementation. Their tuning tables sometimes leave a bit to be desired but if you can read the data, you can figure out what needs changed even if it is mislabeled.

desertfox73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2019 Raptor SCrew
So my Gladiator (now in the hands of its new owner) threw a CEL last week. After taking it into the shop, it’s been determined that the cats are burned due to the Magnuson supercharger. To some extent, this may be expected with a s/c, but it caught the new owner off guard - especially since the warranty is non-transferable.

My install was February 2020, so quite early on in the release, and very possibly running an old version of the tune.

Either way, just a heads up for those running this unit.
Sponsored