First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
so are you running this yet? Or waiting till the weekend?
this weekend and next are packed. I dunno when im going to have time to install it. Might have to have the shop do it. I hate paying shops for stuff, but looking at my calendar im going to have to get creative if i plan on doing it myself.
Sponsored

Last edited:

piroman683

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gladiator
I feel the tune is there I am just working in levels of boost and fueling at this point. I have found the transmission will protect itself if that tells you anything. It cuts fuel, throttle and timing if you wack it to hard, and if you get real stupid it throws it into neutral. So far 10 psi seems very doable long term and makes the truck feel nimble
Damn, impressed how the trans is now smart enough to protect itself. So if I understand this correctly the Magnuson tune runs at 8psi at WOT only, and you've been able to smooth things out across the whole throttle position while running at 10lbs of boost (with a little fine tuning left) correct? Super thankful for your work here! I'm stocked to see/hear KurtP's results next!

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
The most recent tune, is pretty much iphone compared to bag phone (previous tunes from anywhere). The remapping of the airflow model, the camshaft tables, the timing, the transmission, and the torque management, in my opinion what was needed and some next leve stuff, that makes the 3.6 sing!

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Should make Kurt use an original tune so he can appreciate what he is stepping into 😁
uh....i fixed enough bad tunes in my day years back, trust me: i already appreciate it.

Sponsored

mellendic

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT Security Researcher
I'm guessing that Magnuson is the best Supercharger. But that's a pretty hefty price tag. Is there anything less than a full supercharger that can increase the HP or torque? I just upgraded my tires to 35s and while the truck doesn't feel sluggish or anything, it doesn't do into 8 unless I throw it in Manual and shift it myself. And I used the Tazer JL Mini to adjust the speedometer but it didn't affect the shift points to give me back 8. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Lin
gears helped me a ton and a reprogram with a pulsar

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Been working with a cool guy on the manual tune. He hit me up with some good questions and a fist full of data. After a couple exchanges, I believe we made some decent progress. I will post it up for the manual guys

Attachments

gmc1000_1965

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
curious why you guys are running lkr8bhx-s vs the ngk 6706 recommended from Magnuson? Thanks

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Took a snippet from google below. Since tge plugs are hard to get to, the longer they last the better.
Ruthenium melts at 4233 degrees F (2334 degrees C), which is actually slightly lower than that of iridium. ... Testing has shown that ruthenium alloy electrodes are capable of providing up to 2X the service life of iridium spark plugs, and 4X the service life of standard nickel electrode spark plugs.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Took a snippet from google below. Since tge plugs are hard to get to, the longer they last the better.
Ruthenium melts at 4233 degrees F (2334 degrees C), which is actually slightly lower than that of iridium. ... Testing has shown that ruthenium alloy electrodes are capable of providing up to 2X the service life of iridium spark plugs, and 4X the service life of standard nickel electrode spark plugs.
Finally some spark plug science instead of the my plug is better than your plug junk.

Sponsored

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
What version of VCM Editor are you guys using?

The only version I could get to read my 2021 is the Beta, but it doesn't seem to be able to actually edit the files and save the changes. Once you pull the stock file and save it, it can't be opened the the non-beta versions.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Petty’s garage tune claimed two more motors and sets of cats out of a PA shop. I know for a fact at least one of the owners tried to get the latest revision from Magnuson and was told they wanted him on the petty tune, that the revisions were just for guys at altitude.

these companies irritate me sometimes. Like, get your shit together

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Petty’s garage tune claimed two more motors and sets of cats out of a PA shop. I know for a fact at least one of the owners tried to get the latest revision from Magnuson and was told they wanted him on the petty tune, that the revisions were just for guys at altitude.

these companies irritate me sometimes. Like, get your shit together
Wow that is too bad. I would be interested in the failure mode. I am very curious as to why they are not sharing the new tune anymore. I was hoping they were going to use my stuff but have not heard from them in a while.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey all. This file has a bit more rapid power introduction. And more refinements in idle and shifting. It has what I call a start up gruffle. It may even stall upon first start but then it is good. I logged a trackhawk and it racks the cams and shakes the same way to get to idle rpm quicker without closed loop control. basically exhaust the rotor pressure on start up by leaving the exhaust valves open and then racking back to get compression. lower gears have pretty stiff engagements as I am tuning the transmission conservatively right now to hold the gears and not slip much.

Attachments

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Wow that is too bad. I would be interested in the failure mode. I am very curious as to why they are not sharing the new tune anymore. I was hoping they were going to use my stuff but have not heard from them in a while.
it was a piston ring land failure and dual cat failure. My guess is lambdas. The tune issue is weird. Wonder if someone at magnuson just fucked up?
Sponsored