Magnuson TVS1900 Kit Available Now

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I have a new 2018-2020 auto calibration that is working well in my ride.

I have done some work on the 2018-2020 Manual tune with the help of a couple jeepers on here.

Currently working out a 2021 manual. We are getting there, but atthe moment it is a bit fuel laddened. Really need a ride with some data acquisition, bit we are working through.

Not sure if everyone is over the Magnuson, but I am still here plugging away.

I am pretty happy with my power plant and ride at this point.

I achieved my goal of not missing my Ram's capability.

I will work on getting these and the notes for each posted.
Sponsored

misplacetexan

First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Billet Silver Sport S/Max Tow Package
Occupation
Law enforcement
I have a new 2018-2020 auto calibration that is working well in my ride.

I have done some work on the 2018-2020 Manual tune with the help of a couple jeepers on here.

Currently working out a 2021 manual. We are getting there, but atthe moment it is a bit fuel laddened. Really need a ride with some data acquisition, bit we are working through.

Not sure if everyone is over the Magnuson, but I am still here plugging away.

I am pretty happy with my power plant and ride at this point.

I achieved my goal of not missing my Ram's capability.

I will work on getting these and the notes for each posted.
Magnuson was ordered on 14May2021. Waiting on supercharger to arrive.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual Gladiator SCEVO50.8
Is the latest manual post for 18-20 wranglers and gladiators. It has throttle tip in tuning. And some power curve shaping to make shifts smoother

GladiatorSCEVO52.3
18-20 Automatic wranglers gladiators. has a fair bit of trans tuning to help 3rd gear stick a bit better around corners. Also has the of idle throttle tuning. There was also some surge, RPM bounce at low throttle that has been mostly resolved. Much better for off road and trailering.

2021 Manual Gladiator SCEVO7
2021 machines only
2021 has a different throttle and VVT model. The above tunes will not work. This tune has the VVT and ignition timing stable and avoids pre-ignition and detonation issues. Torque demand has been modified to keep boost reasonable as 2021 has a tendency to build big boost numbers at part throttle (13-14psi). It has fueling issues, especially at warm up that need worked out. Need some pretty high resolution AFR data with RPM and throttle position to get it worked out. It is a really decent start.

Attachments

Jeepingaround

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Manual Gladiator SCEVO50.8
Is the latest manual post for 18-20 wranglers and gladiators. It has throttle tip in tuning. And some power curve shaping to make shifts smoother

GladiatorSCEVO52.3
18-20 Automatic wranglers gladiators. has a fair bit of trans tuning to help 3rd gear stick a bit better around corners. Also has the of idle throttle tuning. There was also some surge, RPM bounce at low throttle that has been mostly resolved. Much better for off road and trailering.

2021 machines only
2021 has a different throttle and VVT model. The above tunes will not work. This tune has the VVT and ignition timing stable and avoids pre-ignition and detonation issues. Torque demand has been modified to keep boost reasonable as 2021 has a tendency to build big boost numbers at part throttle (13-14psi). It has fueling issues, especially at warm up that need worked out. Need some pretty high resolution AFR data with RPM and throttle position to get it worked out. It is a really decent start.
I am new to the tuning world and can see it is over my head for sure. You are good dude researching all this for everyone.I have a access to a dyno and they said that they could get this tuned appropriately if i had them install. Would you recommend the magnuson factory tune or would you recommend a tuning shop to do it for my exact vehicle. I am not sure the magnuson factory tune is running well on 2021 models.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is the name of the shop and how many supercharged mopars have they done 2018 and above. This is nothing like LS/LT or Ford motors. There are several complex models that use logic checking tables that have to by synced and require the tuner to use unvers calculation tables to make sure the check logic matches or it will throw diagnostic lights willy nilly. The 18-20 magnuson tune has that part figured out for 18-20 not sure where they stand for 21. I would see if you can get someone on the horn. I feel like I am getting close on the 21 stuff but HP tuners could really help me out by updating there table definitions so they are all correct and some time remote dyno or incar tunning as there are some fuel and timing parameters that need felt and heard as the data looks decent.

Sponsored

Jeepingaround

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
What is the name of the shop and how many supercharged mopars have they done 2018 and above. This is nothing like LS/LT or Ford motors. There are several complex models that use logic checking tables that have to by synced and require the tuner to use unvers calculation tables to make sure the check logic matches or it will throw diagnostic lights willy nilly. The 18-20 magnuson tune has that part figured out for 18-20 not sure where they stand for 21. I would see if you can get someone on the horn. I feel like I am getting close on the 21 stuff but HP tuners could really help me out by updating there table definitions so they are all correct and some time remote dyno or incar tunning as there are some fuel and timing parameters that need felt and heard as the data looks decent.

Great questions! DBR High Performance in Springhill TN is the name of the shop. I will email them and see what they say.

crashnburn80

First Name
Crash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Supercharged Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Vehicle Design Engineer
2021 machines only
I am not sure the magnuson factory tune is running well on 2021 models.
Interesting that the 21s have different throttle and VVT models. I'm currently running the Magnuson tune on my 2021 Mojave (manufactured Oct 2020). The truck does have a tendency to produce very significant power at part throttle and I have to be very light on the pedal to avoid a huge power surge.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting that the 21s have different throttle and VVT models. I'm currently running the Magnuson tune on my 2021 Mojave (manufactured Oct 2020). The truck does have a tendency to produce very significant power at part throttle and I have to be very light on the pedal to avoid a huge power surge.
Yeah early versions could push 15 lbs of boost a part throttle

misplacetexan

First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Law enforcement
My shop (Tank Customs) just received my Magnuson Supercharger today. I am schedule to drop off my 2020 Gladiator on July 19.

crashnburn80

First Name
Crash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Supercharged Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Vehicle Design Engineer
Does anyone have the original packaging, brand and model of the front heat exchanger? I meant to note the 3rd party supplier and model number rather than use Magnuson's supplied part number.

Sponsored

misplacetexan

First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Law enforcement
Picked up my Gladiator yesterday. Not sure what Magnuson has done to the tune, but the skinny pedal doesn’t require to be feathered to drive. The JT drives like it did before the supercharger was added. If you need the extra power you need to press the skinny pedal to get into boost. Nobody will accidentally get into boost, unless you have the intention to utilize the extra power of the Magnuson Supercharger. Have only driven the JT for less than 100 miles, so far. Is currently happy with the results.

4A1BA645-607A-4A6F-AF61-E6287FC6D17D.jpeg

7F501E12-14D5-42F9-9AF2-52B46AD0B457.jpeg

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice looking install! The latest 2020 automatic Magnuson tune is acceptable, and will work for most. Glad to hear everything is going well I know you have been working on getting this done for a while.

Austingobi

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator S
Let's get some 1000 mile opinions. Maybe some towing information.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have like 18K miles on mine and have towed probably 3000-4000 miles. What do you want to know. It adds enough power I dont miss my RAM 1500
Sponsored