Magnuson TVS1900 Kit Available Now

mghoodlum

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Pearl Blue Rubicon on order
The used kit I bought came in. I set it all out and found the hoses missing below highlighted green. Do you think I could rebuild these with some hose and 90 degree connectors?

7890923C-5C36-40AE-9044-706FDA4B1A8A.jpeg
Sponsored

mghoodlum

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Pearl Blue Rubicon on order
The used kit I bought came in. I set it all out and found the hoses missing below highlighted green. Do you think I could rebuild these with some hose and 90 degree connectors?

Jeep Gladiator Magnuson TVS1900 Kit Available Now 7890923C-5C36-40AE-9044-706FDA4B1A8A
I found the S/C to Bypass Valve (it was actually already in place)

After looking at the parts closer the "VMV to Dash Panel" would be easy to recreate as it is just a straight shot.

The "S/C to RH-Cam" above However has several bends. I believe this is likely a 1/2" hose based on the outlet of the SC. Can someone confirm? Does anyone know the purpose of the line? Are there 45 degree adn 90 degree connectors that can be purchased that would work best for this or is there a better way to try this?

I reached out to Magnuson first who connected me to superchargersonline.com, who has to verify and then get the parts from Magnuson. So far (since Monday) they have been unable to help.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
One line is the fresh air intake for your crank case vent system. The other is the fresh air vent for the charcoal canister. You might be able to canibilize your stock stuff and make something that srals well.

Sponsored

JustDSM

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I helped a guy yhat bought a used kit with an included unlocked ECM. We could not get that ECM to work as the vin could not be modified by normal means. He ended up getting an unlocked ecm from HP, but that one gave us a bumch of problems with weird vvt operation. He got his original ecm unlocked and all started working as expected.
Interesting!

I wish I would have visited this site previously!

I just received my new ECU from HPTuners and have have some extremely odd cam phasing issues I have been searching to see if others have issues with a modified ECU from HPTuners?

I purchased a new *modified* ECU for my 2021 Jeep JL 3.6L and whenever that ECU is fitted to the vehicle, within a mile or two, the cam phasing goes WONKY with error of 25, 45 or more degrees of sustained error (intake cam). The ECU trips P0017 and goes into a limp mode, locking the cams at full retard. I should note this happens regardless of the tune or write process. Each time the ECU was flashed a brake/throttle/adaptive reset were all performed.

Reinstalling the OE ECU has the Jeep return to normal running condition, without issue. The Jeep is brand new (400 miles on the Odometer) and is otherwise un-modified.

Seems odd, but thought I'd inquire. I have sent a support ticket into HPTuners. They requested the debug.dat so we'll see what they come back with. They said “They’ve never seen this before”…

Did HPTuners resolve the issues with the Unlocked ECU’s they sold? I’d love to know more about how that was handled. Feel free to PM me.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I don't believe there was any compensation or fixing of the ecm that presented the vvt issues. The issues you described are exactly what was being seen. I was able to make a tune that stopped the error from happening, but it required modifying the airflow model and we would get weird ignition anomalies.

Not sure if HP will reimburse you. My money, I got a new factory ecm put in at the dealer. That cost me 550 flashed installed and up and running. Then I sent the original ecm off to be unlocked.

cmb396

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I don't believe there was any compensation or fixing of the ecm that presented the vvt issues. The issues you described are exactly what was being seen. I was able to make a tune that stopped the error from happening, but it required modifying the airflow model and we would get weird ignition anomalies.

Not sure if HP will reimburse you. My money, I got a new factory ecm put in at the dealer. That cost me 550 flashed installed and up and running. Then I sent the original ecm off to be unlocked.
Where can you send pcm in to be unlocked, and what's the turnaround time?
Also, once receiving unlocked pcm back, I'm guessing it will work as normal upon re-install?

JustDSM

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Where can you send pcm in to be unlocked, and what's the turnaround time?
Also, once receiving unlocked pcm back, I'm guessing it will work as normal upon re-install?
I can speak to the 2nd part of your question regarding the reinstallation of the modified ECU. You can swap them back and forth (stock - modified) without anything else done. Though I would use the VCM Scanner to reset your Brake/Throttle Learning and Adaptives .

I'd love to know if there's another "source" for the modification service. @DAVESC1 did you have HPTuners modify your original?

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
Interesting!

I wish I would have visited this site previously!

I just received my new ECU from HPTuners and have have some extremely odd cam phasing issues I have been searching to see if others have issues with a modified ECU from HPTuners?

I purchased a new *modified* ECU for my 2021 Jeep JL 3.6L and whenever that ECU is fitted to the vehicle, within a mile or two, the cam phasing goes WONKY with error of 25, 45 or more degrees of sustained error (intake cam). The ECU trips P0017 and goes into a limp mode, locking the cams at full retard. I should note this happens regardless of the tune or write process. Each time the ECU was flashed a brake/throttle/adaptive reset were all performed.

Reinstalling the OE ECU has the Jeep return to normal running condition, without issue. The Jeep is brand new (400 miles on the Odometer) and is otherwise un-modified.

Seems odd, but thought I'd inquire. I have sent a support ticket into HPTuners. They requested the debug.dat so we'll see what they come back with. They said “They’ve never seen this before”…

Did HPTuners resolve the issues with the Unlocked ECU’s they sold? I’d love to know more about how that was handled. Feel free to PM me.
I was many months down the road. I never addressed the problem to HPTuners. I had the original unlocked, it resolved the problem, I moved on. Since it was now locked to my VIN and HP Tuners states you can't change a VIN, obviously there would be no refund! Plus the real damage was my stock ECM was now modified so I couldn't roll back to stock without it being noticeable. I was able to install my supercharger without modifying the stock hoses because the guy I bought from provided the hoses he had to modify during installation. I could have rolled it back with no sign it had ever been modified until the stock ECM was modified.

There are must be some tables that HP Tuners isn't reading that control the base VVT behaviors. I just considered it $700 that was gone. I figured no matter what I claimed, they would swear the problem was with the program. I didn't want to get that stressed out.

As far as HP Tuners not having heard it before, that is complete BS. I heard it from Hamburger Superchargers Dpack. They have encountered it several times with HP Tuners failing to resolve it. They insist you only use your original ECM and get it unlocked!

Another issue you will find is there is no algorithm to change the O2 Sensor voltages to AFR for our vehicles. You will need an aftermarket O2 sensor to ensure you aren't running lean.

Obviously, I have no faith in these tuner companies supporting their products.

I have tried to work with Magnuson for support around missing parts, or getting their tune. Basically, both were a waste of time. On my 3rd try, I finally got a sales rep that was customer focused, he found my missing bracket, and got it for me. Funny thing is when I got it from Magnuson, it had a Dodge parts sticker on it. I am guessing it was designed so Dodge could supercharge the same motor in either the Charger or Challenger. They refuse to sell their tune to anyone that didn't purchase directly from them. I have been told by several shops that Magnuson will not do warranty repairs either, I don't know from experience, but when my mechanic tells me that I listen!

Sponsored

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
Now the wait for the kit begins.

FAF3D033-7815-4D85-ACB7-F490A3D06E67.jpeg

Scratch

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Gator, 2019 JL Mojave Bikini, 2011 JK Sport
Does anyone know if these things are California complaint yet? I've been told it's on its way but no confirmation

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
Around $10k??
$9500 +- a bit.

Kits are 6700 + shipping + tax. The install is sorta on the high side, they are doing a couple other minor things also. But I "interviewed" 3 shops, one I would not take a yugo for an oil change to, other seemed like a good shop next door for normal stuff but self admittedly were not 100% up on newer things (they do "hot rod" stuff for older 454, 350, pre 80's type things). This place is the maggie dealer in the area, knew exactly what I was talking abought in ref to plugs, even knew abought the cold air sensor relocation and has done a couple JL maggie's in the last couple years.

I could have gone to Salt Lake or Seattle and gotten under 2k for an install but the logistics of it don't work out.

:LOL: I was tempted to head to Dave's place but same deal, logistics just don't make since.
Sponsored