Manual Transmission Club

hawkijon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Clear JTR/'15 Jeep Grand Cherokee/ '78 Jeep CJ-5/'69 Chevelle
If you have been on the fence about putting a few inches under your JT, check out the link below for my install and unbiased review of what I call, The “Ultimate” MOPAR suspension system adding 2 3/4” to your JT. My research paid off. I’m driving a cloud and it tracks like it’s on a set of rails!! It could be exactly what some of y’all are looking for.
Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
If you have been on the fence about putting a few inches under your JT, check out the link below for my install and unbiased review of what I call, The “Ultimate” MOPAR suspension system adding 2 3/4” to your JT. My research paid off. I’m driving a cloud and it tracks like it’s on a set of rails!! It could be exactly what some of y’all are looking for.
Looks and rides great ! I am old school, so, I like the look with the stock 33" M/Ts and the extra clearance of the Mopar lift... I think I will go the same direction. I also have the manual 6 speed Rubicon JT and I currently love the power..., so, I am still debating whether I really need 35s. I have been able to do a lot with the stock Falken M/Ts -- they have been impressive -- even with high PSI to maintain clearance in big ruts..

hawkijon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks and rides great ! I am old school, so, I like the look with the stock 33" M/Ts and the extra clearance of the Mopar lift... I think I will go the same direction. I also have the manual 6 speed Rubicon JT and I currently love the power..., so, I am still debating whether I really need 35s. I have been able to do a lot with the stock Falken M/Ts -- they have been impressive -- even with high PSI to maintain clearance in big ruts..
The more i think about it, i think i might be in the same boat as you. Considering excluding the idea of 37's to avoid the regear and possibly go with 35's if if i size up. Should be all i ever need and dont have to worry about the regear. But i agree, i like the clearance with the stock MT's. Reminds me of a safari vehicle. The ride is honestly uncomparable to most any vehicle, especially jeeps.

lukem80

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
ok guys. So I stopped posting on here around August-Sept of 2019 and bought a used Tacoma. I think the dealership finally got my Gladiator in around October but I didn't buy it (pissed off/tired of wating, etc)... this dealership is 45 minutes south of me and I don't have a reason to travel that way much. Long story short it was still on the lot last weekend as I drove by.

I got it for almost 6K off MSRP. My salesman said if this thing was an automatic he would have sold it 3 times already. still only had 17 miles on it and they had just did the clutch recall on it.

Life is strange sometimes

unnamed.jpg

Sponsored

hawkijon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ok guys. So I stopped posting on here around August-Sept of 2019 and bought a used Tacoma. I think the dealership finally got my Gladiator in around October but I didn't buy it (pissed off/tired of wating, etc)... this dealership is 45 minutes south of me and I don't have a reason to travel that way much. Long story short it was still on the lot last weekend as I drove by.

I got it for almost 6K off MSRP. My salesman said if this thing was an automatic he would have sold it 3 times already. still only had 17 miles on it and they had just did the clutch recall on it.

Jeep Gladiator Manual Transmission Club unnamed
The taco wasn't a bad temporary solution, but in the end, good things come to those who wait. Im So glad i waited for my manual Gator JTR. I absolutely love it, especially after recently installing what i call the "Ultimate" Mopar suspension system, im literally driving a cloud. Check out my channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjP6gAEgJeS4i_YXdtE3MGg?view_as=subscriber . I have a few other gladiator installs you might find informative or helpful. I recevied my recall notice followed by a notification of the solution. What exactly did they do to satisfy the recall? I just rolled 8K and havent had any issues.
thanks,

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
ok guys. So I stopped posting on here around August-Sept of 2019 and bought a used Tacoma.
How do you like the seating position over the Taco? We have a '15 TRD Off-Road and man I hate the seats in it. It's just where they put them, too close to the floor. If they could be raised/lowered it would be better. Our 4Runner didn't have that problem it was a comfortable car. But the wife just got rid of it and still has the Taco and I just can't drive it anywhere. My kids prefer riding in the Jeep too when I ride the bike to work because it has more room and seating in a more natural position.

hawkijon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do you like the seating position over the Taco? We have a '15 TRD Off-Road and man I hate the seats in it. It's just where they put them, too close to the floor. If they could be raised/lowered it would be better. Our 4Runner didn't have that problem it was a comfortable car. But the wife just got rid of it and still has the Taco and I just can't drive it anywhere. My kids prefer riding in the Jeep too when I ride the bike to work because it has more room and seating in a more natural position.
My brother has a 4runner and the seating is equivelent to a sports car (low to the floor) and after about 3+ hours of driving/riding, i feel like i need to stretch (im 6'-1" tall). The Jeep seats by comparision are closer to the way my silverado captains seats were. More like sitting in an actual chair. Ive driven 8hrs straight in the JTR and only stopping for fuel and had no problems. My opinion is the jeep seats are just more comfortable in general.

lukem80

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
the 2015 Taco sits like a car almost like a camry.. the floor pan is up high and the seats are low . I'm 6'1 and it only got uncomfortable after a long day of trail riding. the Gladiator sits like a jeep plenty of room except I don't have a dead pedal and I don't even see space for one. I've owned 4 TJ's and never complained about a dead pedal before.. I skipped JK's all together so I have no idea what they are like. Most of my adult life I owned a TJ and a double cab tacoma. so this is pretty sweet kinda of combining a jeep with a truck.

I think on 2019 or 2020 Tacoma's they finally put a height adjustment on the driver's seat. I like the way the 2016+ Taco's look but the engine/trans isn't as good as an old 4.0 V6

I had a 2015 double cab TRD off road. I added a relay so the rear locker could work in 4hi, I put an ARB lift on it and had to do the dang ECGS bushing which sucked. This tacoma left me stranded on a trail 5 hours from home 2 months ago.... the secondary air pump valves stuck open and put the truck in limp mode...top speed of 26mph. after that I was over it. I know this jeep has a lot of computer stuff i'm not used to on it and I hope it won't leave me hanging.

hawkijon I think I watched a video of you driving yours shifting through the gears just now on Youtube lol.

Last edited:

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link

unnamed.jpg
Congrats !! Nice Unicorn ! a manual Rubicon. You will love it ! The stick really changes the experience -- tons of fun -- on road and off road.

Sponsored

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
My brother has a 4runner and the seating is equivelent to a sports car (low to the floor) and after about 3+ hours of driving/riding, i feel like i need to stretch (im 6'-1" tall). The Jeep seats by comparision are closer to the way my silverado captains seats were. More like sitting in an actual chair. Ive driven 8hrs straight in the JTR and only stopping for fuel and had no problems. My opinion is the jeep seats are just more comfortable in general.
Our 4Runner had power up/down seats. So you could adjust it's height. I like that about the Glad but I wish the passenger side was adjustable too. When there start being JTs in junkyards I'm going to get another drivers seat to put in the passenger side to remedy that.

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
the 2015 Taco sits like a car almost like a camry.. the floor pan is up high and the seats are low . I'm 6'1 and it only got uncomfortable after a long day of trail riding. the Gladiator sits like a jeep plenty of room except I don't have a dead pedal and I don't even see space for one. I've owned 4 TJ's and never complained about a dead pedal before.. I skipped JK's all together so I have no idea what they are like. Most of my adult live I owned a TJ and a double cab tacoma. so this is pretty sweet kinda of combining a jeep with a truck.

I think on 2019 or 2020 Tacoma's they finally put a height adjustment on the driver's seat. I like the way the 2016+ Taco's look but the engine/trans isn't as good as an old 4.0 V6
I liked the JKs 6 speed more than the JTs but I've gotten used to it now. Our '16 Tacoma had the trusty 2.7. The 3.5 being a new engine I didn't want to bite. Loved that Tacoma, 4cyl 5speed 4x4. I was always fascinated with 4cyl 4x4s but it was totalled 2 years ago. I thought it was very telling that for the 4Runner Toyota stuck with the 4.0 made me wonder why. My renter has a '19 Tacoma and does like it he's offered to let me drive it I just really haven't been interested. Have the old Tacoma had the new one and a 4Runner they're not all that different. But the wife won't let the 2015 go because its got that 3rd pedal. Everything without one is expendable around here.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link

Jeep Gladiator Manual Transmission Club unnamed

Happy for you!

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
When there start being JTs in junkyards I'm going to get another drivers seat to put in the passenger side to remedy that.
I was thinking about that also, but then realized the lever to raise the seat and the knob for the lumbar would be up against the center console (left side of passenger seat.) Also would have to make sure the driver seat would fit in the rails of the passenger seat since those rails /mounts are not symmetrical and are different (mirrored) between the two.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I was thinking about that also, but then realized the lever to raise the seat and the knob for the lumbar would be up against the center console (left side of passenger seat.) Also would have to make sure the driver seat would fit in the rails of the passenger seat since those rails /mounts are not symmetrical and are different (mirrored) between the two.
In addition to that, the side air bag would be inboard instead of outboard. Also, the passenger seat has built in weight pressure sensors to turn off/on the passenger side dash frontal airbag.

Take off drivers seat would not be a plug and play proposition by any means in the passenger side.
Sponsored