Max tow max tow max tow.

JeepJunky

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave (Gator)
Well let me just say that I drive a MAX TOW. However, max tow, I don't feel like I constantly, max tow, say I drive a max tow. I feel like, max tow, that it only comes up, max tow, in specific situations, max tow. I have never, max tow, just randomly said, max tow, that "hey, I drive a max tow jeep". I usually just, max tow, state it when someone ask about, max tow, towing with it, max tow. But that is, max tow, just me.
I completely agree. Just because I have an 8.4NAV doesn't mean I need to rub it on on the poor sots who don't have a great radio like me, with my 8.4NAV. It's just not my personalilty. It's isn't a MAX TOW persons fault that having a 8.4NAV is soo much more useful in a day to day drive than having a not often used MAX TOW. When I go home each night, I turn on my 8.4NAV with the 'Off Road Pages'. when I drive to work? Nope, i don't use MAX TOW, but I do (always) use my 8.4NAV radio. Maybe to look at the Weather Radar on my 8.4NAV. Why just last Saturday, I was pondering, 'How many 8.4NAV radio's would I need to have installed before I would have wished I had a single MAX TOW to carry all those 8.4NAV radios?' I finally decided (While Listening to Sirius XM and viewing a Cold Front coming across the rockies on my 8.4NAV radio) that no one really cares about My 8.4NAV radio. If they did, wouldn't they have bought a package that had one? Am I right? If I'm right, turn up the volume on your 8.4NAV radio in unity with me! I think we should band together, and get little white oval stickers that either say MAX TOW or 8.4NAV and plaster them on our Gladiators. Well, I gotta go now. I'm trading in my 8.4NAV Gladiator for a MAX TOW, as I have to haul so many pallets of 8.4NAV radios that I'll need a MAX TOW to haul them all. (So, What's wrong with Mack's Toe?)
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
19 pages and counting. Lol. I had to check and see if this was posted on April 1st.

Why do people keep saying they have a Rubicon? Could it be because the Rubicon is a one-of-a-kind model with things that no other in the lineup gets?

Same thing with the Max Tow. It's a unique package that gets you things you cannot get in any other way. High payload AND highest towing combined, with the highest GVWR available, a gear set you otherwise can't get on a Sport, axles you otherwise can't get on a Sport, and coils you can't get on any other trim. Max Tow is very unique, and that's why it's spoken of by name. Just like Rubicon.

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Now thereā€™s a bikini blue Jeep owners club... and the color hasnā€™t been released yet. šŸ¤£

Somebody finally got it, all I hear about is Rubicon and now Mojave. They both have their own little threads as well.

Last time I checked I didnā€™t have to bomb through a desert or climb rocks on the way to work like 99.1% of you with those rubicons and Mojaveā€™s. Half of those I see on the road have 37ā€™s and all kinds of stuff hanging off of them like the are headed to go truck camping... I mean over-landing.

The funniest thing in here that I have read is the Mojave owner saying he doesnā€™t need a V8šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£. The hood is set up for one and I would imagine that would be the first JT to get a V8. Have you ever ripped through the desert in your ... Mojave... ? Probably not if youā€™re saying you donā€™t need a V8 for sand and desert. šŸ¤£

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Sarge Mojave, ā€˜21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
Now thereā€™s a bikini blue Jeep owners club... and the color hasnā€™t been released yet. šŸ¤£

Somebody finally got it, all I hear about is Rubicon and now Mojave. They both have their own little threads as well.

Last time I checked I didnā€™t have to bomb through a desert or climb rocks on the way to work like 99.1% of you with those rubicons and Mojaveā€™s. Half of those I see on the road have 37ā€™s and all kinds of stuff hanging off of them like the are headed to go truck camping... I mean over-landing.

The funniest thing in here that I have read is the Mojave owner saying he doesnā€™t need a V8šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£. The hood is set up for one and I would imagine that would be the first JT to get a V8. Have you ever ripped through the desert in your ... Mojave... ? Probably not if youā€™re saying you donā€™t need a V8 for sand and desert. šŸ¤£
I don't even have mine yet and I already know I need a V8. I'll probably end up with a blower though, because $$.

Oh, I almost forgot: Max Tow.

Am I doing it right?

Sponsored

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Open the manual, go to the spec page, max tow has its own separate listing right along with Rubicon, Overland and Sport. Max tow folks got cheated out of a badging separating their model from the Sport. The upgraded sound system is not listed separate on the spec page, see the difference.

db305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Max Tow
19 pages and counting. Lol. I had to check and see if this was posted on April 1st.

Why do people keep saying they have a Rubicon? Could it be because the Rubicon is a one-of-a-kind model with things that no other in the lineup gets?

Same thing with the Max Tow. It's a unique package that gets you things you cannot get in any other way. High payload AND highest towing combined, with the highest GVWR available, a gear set you otherwise can't get on a Sport, axles you otherwise can't get on a Sport, and coils you can't get on any other trim. Max Tow is very unique, and that's why it's spoken of by name. Just like Rubicon.
this thread is the perfect encapsulation of this forum: the usual insufferable know-it-alls, flailing justifications for why x was purchased over y, pissing matches about how much was paid, arguments about mods that will likely never be used, and completely irrelevant personal info.

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S. Max Tow.
Vehicle Showcase
Simple, the word is called compensation. On all fronts.

JeepJunky

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave (Gator)
this thread is the perfect encapsulation of this forum: the usual insufferable know-it-alls, flailing justifications for why x was purchased over y, pissing matches about how much was paid, arguments about mods that will likely never be used, and completely irrelevant personal info.
By "and completely irrelevant personal info." do you mean tag lines like:
"2020/2021 Sport Rubicon hybrid from two seperate wrecked vehicles, Overdraft Cupholder liners with blue led lights, Lego front stubby bumper with oil lamp foglights, brighter white halo backup lights from K-Mart, 21 channel 1962 CB radio w/ Astatic microphone on bungie cord retracter, 5 Lightbars from Harbor Freight, stacked veritically, Macks Toe, 8.4 Radio with Bittorrent Steaming"

'cause I was gonna create one for mine, but I'm still studying how the cool kids create theirs.

But seriously, I don't actually see a problem with heavily modifying your Jeep, and rarely using all those features. I think a lot of us buy a Jeep for the 'Just in Case' day ever happens. I have had a love affair with Jeeps since I was a child, and learned to drive on a WWII surplus. I love to work on cars, and thats MY car. My wife would have a fit if I modded her Challenger. The Jeep is mine. I am always looking for the next thing that I can do in my garage to make it look cooler and be more capable. When I was a kid, I added Cherry Bomb glass packs, and extra long rear shackles to lift the rear end on almost every car I owned. I never took it too a drag strip, though I did race the other kids with their beatup up hot rods. I wanted my car to look different and unique and portray a message that 'this guy' likes his car to sound and look fast, even at 0-60 in 60 seconds. :) (67 Cougar, 289, 3 speed on the floor)
I bought my Gladiator specifically so I could put cool stuff (cool to me) on it until I can't think of anything else to do. Then I'll cut the grass. I want my Jeep to look different than any other Jeep out there. It's an extension of my personality. Over compensation. probably. I'm an old guy whose days of showing off are long gone. But my Jeep looks awesome in 'MY' opinion. Not my wifes, but mine. I say quit cryin' sour grapes because some gal bought a Rubicon, or has Macks Toe. Leave me and my Mojave alone. I know I'll never see a desert, but hey, Big cool looking tires, and a truck bed! Yowzers, (Cool looking to ME, which is all that matters) It will probably be my last Jeep and expensive car. Leave me alone and be happy for me. I am getting to make a life long love affair with Jeeps, and a lifelong fantasy of building one completely out come true. it's my every day driver, and little kids waiting on the school bus jump up and down and give me two thumbs up when I drive by as I flash headlights, toot the horn, and wave back at them. Be nice folks. Be happy for what YOU bought, and be happy for what everyone else got. Mr. Mack bought his Tow because thats what HE wanted, Or, very likely he bought a Gladiator he fell in love with and found out later that Max Tow was a thing. Heck, I never knew till I read this never ending thread.
I bougth my Gladiator because I'd seen them for a while, and one day, up on ramps at our local dealer, was this Gladiator with big tires, a color that came close to the Olive drab used when I was in the Army and drove Jeeps, and I just fell in love with it. I was going in for an oil change on my pickup truck, and drove out with the Gladiator. Can't we all just get along? No? Ok, no problem.

db305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Max Tow
By "and completely irrelevant personal info." do you mean tag lines like:
"2020/2021 Sport Rubicon hybrid from two seperate wrecked vehicles, Overdraft Cupholder liners with blue led lights, Lego front stubby bumper with oil lamp foglights, brighter white halo backup lights from K-Mart, 21 channel 1962 CB radio w/ Astatic microphone on bungie cord retracter, 5 Lightbars from Harbor Freight, stacked veritically, Macks Toe, 8.4 Radio with Bittorrent Steaming"

'cause I was gonna create one for mine, but I'm still studying how the cool kids create theirs.

But seriously, I don't actually see a problem with heavily modifying your Jeep, and rarely using all those features. I think a lot of us buy a Jeep for the 'Just in Case' day ever happens. I have had a love affair with Jeeps since I was a child, and learned to drive on a WWII surplus. I love to work on cars, and thats MY car. My wife would have a fit if I modded her Challenger. The Jeep is mine. I am always looking for the next thing that I can do in my garage to make it look cooler and be more capable. When I was a kid, I added Cherry Bomb glass packs, and extra long rear shackles to lift the rear end on almost every car I owned. I never took it too a drag strip, though I did race the other kids with their beatup up hot rods. I wanted my car to look different and unique and portray a message that 'this guy' likes his car to sound and look fast, even at 0-60 in 60 seconds. :) (67 Cougar, 289, 3 speed on the floor)
I bought my Gladiator specifically so I could put cool stuff (cool to me) on it until I can't think of anything else to do. Then I'll cut the grass. I want my Jeep to look different than any other Jeep out there. It's an extension of my personality. Over compensation. probably. I'm an old guy whose days of showing off are long gone. But my Jeep looks awesome in 'MY' opinion. Not my wifes, but mine. I say quit cryin' sour grapes because some gal bought a Rubicon, or has Macks Toe. Leave me and my Mojave alone. I know I'll never see a desert, but hey, Big cool looking tires, and a truck bed! Yowzers, (Cool looking to ME, which is all that matters) It will probably be my last Jeep and expensive car. Leave me alone and be happy for me. I am getting to make a life long love affair with Jeeps, and a lifelong fantasy of building one completely out come true. it's my every day driver, and little kids waiting on the school bus jump up and down and give me two thumbs up when I drive by as I flash headlights, toot the horn, and wave back at them. Be nice folks. Be happy for what YOU bought, and be happy for what everyone else got. Mr. Mack bought his Tow because thats what HE wanted, Or, very likely he bought a Gladiator he fell in love with and found out later that Max Tow was a thing. Heck, I never knew till I read this never ending thread.
I bougth my Gladiator because I'd seen them for a while, and one day, up on ramps at our local dealer, was this Gladiator with big tires, a color that came close to the Olive drab used when I was in the Army and drove Jeeps, and I just fell in love with it. I was going in for an oil change on my pickup truck, and drove out with the Gladiator. Can't we all just get along? No? Ok, no problem.
don't get me wrong, i have zero opposition to mods. if someone paid for it, then they're entitled to do what they want with it. what's annoying are the pissing matches that happen when arguing features between trim levels when most people here will never use those features.

Sponsored

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
What about the poor JT Overland crew, they need some personal thread love and a sticker.

2AB4BA9E-B493-4AC2-9E8E-623BFADDAB95.jpeg

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
NOW THE MOJAVE... with a selectable locker... just one... and those cool pothole soaking shocks (like no one else makes a reservoir shock for any Jeep. šŸ¤£)

You need this in your face fender decal! Should be factory! Mojave decals on the fenders and on the hood!

Is there even a Wrangler Mojave? Poser! šŸ˜ Maybe he found some reservoir shocks for that Sahara.

Jeep Gladiator Max tow max tow max tow. 9C2FA527-D5A4-4D00-9CE5-DC5EAC61E130

Last edited:

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
Open the manual, go to the spec page, max tow has its own separate listing right along with Rubicon, Overland and Sport. Max tow folks got cheated out of a badging separating their model from the Sport. The upgraded sound system is not listed separate on the spec page, see the difference.
Itā€™s not itā€™s own trim level, itā€™s just an add on option. Thereā€™s a separate part in the manual for the 8.4 radio too.