Sponsored

Metalcloak lift

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
So, the RK Triangulated 4-link allows for the removal of the rear track bar. But it still uses the rear upper and lower control arms.
Not if you get the RK lift kit.

The stock factory rear control arms are not used. The new upper control arms are mounted to the cradle that is mounted to the axel. I was told long ago by several suspension people that the Gladiators weakness in the rear was the location of the mounting points of the control arms to the axle as sacrifices were made for towing capacity by Jeep RK has addressed this with the four link and quad rate springs, so towing, articulation, control and overall ride surpasses stock suspension.

I`m not saying anything bad about MC, just setting things straight that were wrong in the post, if i did not go with RK it would have been MC.
Right. My Rock Krawler JT 3” Pro-X “No Limits” kit replaced all eight stock control arms with eight adjustable control arms.

bcunning82

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Bright White
I emailed metalcloak and got the following response to some of these questions Their answers in RED:
What is the base-line for the nominal heights of the lifts? I understand this can be a difficult question as every rig is outfitted different, but how do you determine the nominal lift? We account for normal accessories IE: Bumper, winch, rockers, skids…..

As the Rubicon suspension represents a 1" lift over the Sport and overland,Is your nominal lift height lift considered a net add on the Rubicon or Overland/Sport? We do use the Rubicon as a baseline. There has been some debate that the “Maxtow” package sits the same height.

On the 3.5" lift, what is the lift front vs rear? Does it maintain factory rake, decrease rake, level? We base it off the front end. The rake is lowered a bit on the kit as the rear is lifted about 2-2.5”

Do the rear springs maintain factory load ratings? We do maintain the stock load capacity. Be aware that when we did test the stock JT at full load it set the rear down on the bump stops.

Is there plans for a complete Game Changer 2,5" that would lift the front and back? or is the plan to only carry the level kit and the upgrade kit(complete front and rear arms and trackbar), currently on the site, and not change the rear ride height? At this point I do not have a 100% answer for you but if wanted we could to the 2.5” front coils in the 3.5” kit to maintain the stock rake if wanted.

They were very quick to respond and gave me reasonable answers.

I hope this helps some of the questions that may be out there.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Yes! OUR trucks did cost a lot of money and each person chooses to incorporate which ever modification they think will best suit them. I think things in this thread got off course in a nice open forum debate. From what I have read, I do believe that you are not backing MC but questioning their marketing and lack of info. If you truly want to help others make an informed opinion, ask NC those questions and post their reply. If you have asked and have gotten no response, which I believe you may have done already, then post that and leave it up to the individual Glad owner to decide.

I’m here to help and inform other Glad owners. There is a wealth of knowledge here on the forum from people who have been there and done that as well rookies and moderate enthusiast as well. We should all be helping to educate and inform. Just my $.02.

as I said before I got the MC because it meets my needs, availability, and Customer service. Additionally, not a knock on RK, I am not an expert Jeep owner, driver, etc. so I am a little leery just jumping in on the 4 link rear end when I do not fully understand the concept.
Great points!

There's plenty of info on this forum (and elsewhere) and people can see what actual owners' experiences have been with the suspension systems.

Over the years of my Jeep experience I have always wondered how people decide it's better for them to piece together suspension systems than use one that's been designed and tested by the aftermarket companies who are responsible <EDIT: and liable> for their products.

Last edited:

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
I emailed metalcloak and got the following response to some of these questions Their answers in RED:
What is the base-line for the nominal heights of the lifts? I understand this can be a difficult question as every rig is outfitted different, but how do you determine the nominal lift? We account for normal accessories IE: Bumper, winch, rockers, skids…..

As the Rubicon suspension represents a 1" lift over the Sport and overland,Is your nominal lift height lift considered a net add on the Rubicon or Overland/Sport? We do use the Rubicon as a baseline. There has been some debate that the “Maxtow” package sits the same height.

On the 3.5" lift, what is the lift front vs rear? Does it maintain factory rake, decrease rake, level? We base it off the front end. The rake is lowered a bit on the kit as the rear is lifted about 2-2.5”

Do the rear springs maintain factory load ratings? We do maintain the stock load capacity. Be aware that when we did test the stock JT at full load it set the rear down on the bump stops.

Is there plans for a complete Game Changer 2,5" that would lift the front and back? or is the plan to only carry the level kit and the upgrade kit(complete front and rear arms and trackbar), currently on the site, and not change the rear ride height? At this point I do not have a 100% answer for you but if wanted we could to the 2.5” front coils in the 3.5” kit to maintain the stock rake if wanted.

can send me who you spoke to. I called today and got a very different response. PM me please

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase

Most of these seem to be related to the rear springs. There’s always the option of sticking with the factory rear springs.

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
Most of these seem to be related to the rear springs. There’s always the option of sticking with the factory rear springs.
Or using someone else’s spring.

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
Had my MC 3.5” installed. Paired with Falcon 3.3’s. Running Nitto 35x12.5x17 on Pro Comp La Paz series 39 wheels with 4.5” bs.

F4AE550B-65F1-4273-BD1A-85900A5535BD.jpeg

117A210D-22F0-409D-9471-A6EB175A3946.jpeg

FF1CDF25-6F5F-4DF4-AF7F-077B4CBD4673.jpeg

4791EB62-30E7-47EA-B6BA-A3520A06C5F2.jpeg

ACD5E2E9-E8A7-4A06-991C-8610A77EECF3.jpeg

2811C0BB-41AB-4DAF-BEE1-B2B0A0D51217.jpeg

7C4DCB00-A695-4E67-8B4B-1596B5E7D217.jpeg

3A629E23-A97E-4541-8DA0-68E90AF4F971.jpeg

33E34EDA-4E30-4754-98FD-85CE8DCB7480.jpeg

CBA42A3E-83C4-499A-9223-68812EEB5780.jpeg

MrGoodPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
How does it ride with those Falcons? I was thinking if getting the same ones with my 3.5 GC.

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
How does it ride with those Falcons? I was thinking if getting the same ones with my 3.5 GC.

So far, great. Have to really spend some time and dial in the adjustment since it has all those settings. I only have about 15 miles on it so far.

Sponsored

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
So far, great. Have to really spend some time and dial in the adjustment since it has all those settings. I only have about 15 miles on it so far.
For the sp2, did you leave it in performance or snow/soft ?

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO