Metalcloak

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Metalcloak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Gladiator
After much wait and anticipation, the Metalcloak RockSport Blacks are live for the Jeep JL Wrangler and JT Gladiator...

Check out this unboxing video for a quick look at the actual shock...

These shocks are truly an incredible focus of engineering.

From a continuous 8 position selector where you can easily grip it and actually feel the change, to a unique valve shim system, to a hard coat anodized (inside and out) 2.5" aluminum body, to an oversized 7/8" induction hardened chrome steel shaft... every element of this design has been thought through and through.

Features Include:
  • MilSpec HARD Anodized Black Finish Inside and Out
  • Easy Setting Compression Adjustment
  • Ports Designed for Precision Flow
  • 2½” Diameter Aluminum Body
  • Heavy Duty 3/16" Wall Thickness
  • Oversized for Maximum Cooling
  • Rubber Covered Stainless Steel Braided Hydraulic Hose
  • Built in Stand Offs for OE Quality Fitment
  • Huge Oversized 7/8" Induction Hardened Chrome Shafts
  • HARD Anodized Shock Piston
  • HARD Black Anodized Billet Shock Clamps
  • Fronts Sets Come Complete with Outboard Mounts & Reservoir Mounting Brackets
And the best part?

They are manufactured right here at our World HQ in Rancho Cordova, California, just 90 minutes from the famous Rubicon Trail where we do all our testing.

Jeep Gladiator Metalcloak RockSport Blacks - Adjustable Reservoir Shocks - Now Available Screen Shot 2024-01-13 at 3.49.58 PM
Jeep Gladiator Metalcloak RockSport Blacks - Adjustable Reservoir Shocks - Now Available Screen Shot 2024-01-13 at 3.50.17 PM

Learn More at Metalcloak.com

Sponsored

Last edited:

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
Those are sweet looking shocks!!!

P.S. whats the warranty on those and are they rebuildable ?
Also curious about rebuildable- and are they rebuildable outside of having to send them back to MC to be done? “Standard” ish rebuild frequency? 20-40k miles depending upon use?

Scott L

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon Gecko
Occupation
Depends who you ask
I'm planning on calling them tomorrow ill post their answers. Try to find out when Mojave version will be available. I know the Sixpack shocks are supposedly easily rebuildable.We'll see on these.

Sponsored

Scott L

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon Gecko
Occupation
Depends who you ask
Ok called this morning and talked to Will. I gotta say super helpful as always if anyone ever has a question don't hesitate to call. Now they are working on a Mojave version and are planning on having a Mojave on site in the next day or so to get all measurements ETC no idea of time frame for finished product. These are standard 2.5 inch shocks and are fully rebuildable by any shop that does that sort of thing. I forgot to ask about longevity between rebuilds but as everyone uses their vehicles differently I'd I imagine that's a impossible question to answer anyway. Rebuild kits will be available soon BTW. Oh and I asked about the special brackets they come with they re still needed on the metalcloak lifts.

StanH

First Name
Stanley Herrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator JT Rubicon 3.6L
Occupation
Safety Consultant
Thanks @Scott L having the ability to be rebuildable is a big sell point for me . Appreciate you calling .

aFatBird

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
Seems like a winner for when I replace my falcon 3.1s

OP
OP
Metalcloak

Metalcloak

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Metalcloak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Gladiator
Those are sweet looking shocks!!!

P.S. whats the warranty on those and are they rebuildable ?
These fall under our Lifetime Customer Service policy... meaning we will always find a way to take care of you... officially... there is a one year written warranty on the manufacture of the product, meaning any defect or problem should be found within that period... we will fix or replace at our cost, no problem.

Yes, they are FULLY rebuildable, and, unlike our Rebuildable 6Paks, do not need to be done by us here at MC World HQ, but can be done by anyone familiar with the rebuilding of performance shocks. We are working on rebuild kits and rebuild programs.

StanH

First Name
Stanley Herrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator JT Rubicon 3.6L
Occupation
Safety Consultant
Rebuild kits would be fantastic .

Sponsored

OP
OP
Metalcloak

Metalcloak

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Metalcloak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Gladiator
Ok called this morning and talked to Will. I gotta say super helpful as always if anyone ever has a question don't hesitate to call. Now they are working on a Mojave version and are planning on having a Mojave on site in the next day or so to get all measurements ETC no idea of time frame for finished product. These are standard 2.5 inch shocks and are fully rebuildable by any shop that does that sort of thing. I forgot to ask about longevity between rebuilds but as everyone uses their vehicles differently I'd I imagine that's a impossible question to answer anyway. Rebuild kits will be available soon BTW. Oh and I asked about the special brackets they come with they re still needed on the metalcloak lifts.
Thank you for helping the group by sharing the info!

Redleg37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Gladiator Sport, 13 Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Clinical Chaplain
I am confident these are fantastic, but as a 15 year Army Veteran anything described as "military grade" makes me not want to buy it.

"Military grade" sounds fantastic to civilians, its horrifying to Veterans. The majority of military equipment is made by the lowest bidder; filled with cut corners and usually has very poor customer support from the company that makes it. The best military gear is the gear the military buys off the shelf from the civilian market.

OP
OP
Metalcloak

Metalcloak

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Metalcloak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Gladiator
I am confident these are fantastic, but as a 15 year Army Veteran anything described as "military grade" makes me not want to buy it.

"Military grade" sounds fantastic to civilians, its horrifying to Veterans. The majority of military equipment is made by the lowest bidder; filled with cut corners and usually has very poor customer support from the company that makes it. The best military gear is the gear the military buys off the shelf from the civilian market.
Think 1980's (Reagan Era) Military Grade, LOL, when winning mattered. Of course, you are talking Army... all the real money goes to the Fleet - Go Navy! :LOL: - Matson (12 year Navy Vet)

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Mojave Sarge
Occupation
Gunsmith

True for us Military folks, but we have to transition to the current market analysis. If the word/s Military Grade/Spec, USGI or Tactical are included in the product description, the manufacturer can add another 15% to their Gross Profit.

BTW, not knocking MC. It is what it is, adjust to your market.
Sponsored