Mojave Aftermarket Bumpers

JET222

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
Hey. I was wondering if aftermarket bumpers will work with the Falcon reservoir tucked behind the stock bumper and skid plate on the Mojave. Looking to replace the plastic bumper for something a bit more resilient. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Pacifica Limited; ‘20 Mojave
Hey. I was wondering if aftermarket bumpers will work with the Falcon reservoir tucked behind the stock bumper and skid plate on the Mojave. Looking to replace the plastic bumper for something a bit more resilient. Thanks in advance.
Looking for the same thing, however I am looking for a bumper with integrated tow attach points for flat towing behind my RV.

Vicegrips

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
not gainfully employed. Too old, been there done that.
I wanted the Mojave package, knowing I'd be having to learn too much about bumpers. I too want to replace the plastic with a heftier steel one. But I just want to replace the bumper. I don't want to move this, do without that, buy a different widget, cut up my truck, etc. So no "sorta" fit stuff.

Unlike the above poster, I don't need to flat tow now. Needing to be rated for flat towing may substantially reduce the number of bumpers under consideration.

I want it to accept a 10-12k winch. Winch mounting can't impact cooling as I will occasionally tow 4-5k lb. in a two axle cargo trailer with brakes. I have a Curt Spectrum brake controller just waiting on the harness adapter.

I'm not currently interested in options over $500 for the bumper. I want thick metal, strong mounts for winch and shackles. It would be great if I can reuse the non-led fog lights in my current bumper. Can I attach the nifty orange hooks, just cause I like the color? Should I watch for someone selling a Rubi steel take-off? What will it cost to get the bumper to my house? Can I install this alone or do I need to schedule a work crew for half a day? Would more ammo be a better investment?

A million questions... but yes, I want a steel bumper for my Mojave too.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I wanted the Mojave package, knowing I'd be having to learn too much about bumpers. I too want to replace the plastic with a heftier steel one. But I just want to replace the bumper. I don't want to move this, do without that, buy a different widget, cut up my truck, etc. So no "sorta" fit stuff.

Unlike the above poster, I don't need to flat tow now. Needing to be rated for flat towing may substantially reduce the number of bumpers under consideration.

I want it to accept a 10-12k winch. Winch mounting can't impact cooling as I will occasionally tow 4-5k lb. in a two axle cargo trailer with brakes. I have a Curt Spectrum brake controller just waiting on the harness adapter.

I'm not currently interested in options over $500 for the bumper. I want thick metal, strong mounts for winch and shackles. It would be great if I can reuse the non-led fog lights in my current bumper. Can I attach the nifty orange hooks, just cause I like the color? Should I watch for someone selling a Rubi steel take-off? What will it cost to get the bumper to my house? Can I install this alone or do I need to schedule a work crew for half a day? Would more ammo be a better investment?

A million questions... but yes, I want a steel bumper for my Mojave too.

Rubi Steal takoff is already out of your budget then. Those things require a winch plate which seem to be 2-400 themselves.

Where do the remote reservoirs sit on the mojavi? has anybody compared the stock bumper on it to the stock one on a regular JT/JL?

I have the Rugged Ridge Arcus that seems to fit your budget and needs for the most part. Happy to take pictures of anythign you need to see if it will fit yours.

Sponsored

Vicegrips

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Rubi Steal takoff is already out of your budget then. Those things require a winch plate which seem to be 2-400 themselves.

Where do the remote reservoirs sit on the mojavi? has anybody compared the stock bumper on it to the stock one on a regular JT/JL?

I have the Rugged Ridge Arcus that seems to fit your budget and needs for the most part. Happy to take pictures of anythign you need to see if it will fit yours.
You're right about the cost if the winch plate alone is that much. As I have very little exposure to real off road recovery, I may be ignorant here. Is a good winch capable bumper a reasonable expectation at $500? I don't want to be wasting money on an inadequate product, nor encouraging the sale of mostly cosmetic stuff unless clearly marketed as such. I'm looking for Dickies or Carhart, rather than Hilfiger or Ricci.

I'd be thrilled to find that the RR Spartan with high ends and hoop will work and are made well enough. And actually available to me soon...

Let's see if I took a picture that helps:

Jeep Gladiator Mojave Aftermarket Bumpers reservoir

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
You're right about the cost if the winch plate alone is that much. As I have very little exposure to real off road recovery, I may be ignorant here. Is a good winch capable bumper a reasonable expectation at $500? I don't want to be wasting money on an inadequate product, nor encouraging the sale of mostly cosmetic stuff unless clearly marketed as such. I'm looking for Dickies or Carhart, rather than Hilfiger or Ricci.

I'd be thrilled to find that the RR Spartan with high ends and hoop will work and are made well enough. And actually available to me soon...

Let's see if I took a picture that helps:

Jeep Gladiator Mojave Aftermarket Bumpers reservoir
That looks like to me they are sitting where the skid plate is on a rubicon. Is that part considered a skid plate? If so I know mine will work for sure on there. It took me a while to find something at would work with that component. Most don't.

$500 is reasonable, but its not winning style awards. You are probably looking towards a stubby that is a winch plate with a shell. Thats really all mine it. Works and looks good though. Since you don't want to block airflow your options are further limited in that price range since many of the cheap ones have you bolt on top.

Since you tow options will be further limited because you ideally want to go down as low in weight as possible to not negatively impact your payload rating. Stubby is the way to go unless you want to make it rain for an aluminum.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
All I verified was for the plastic bumper.

Rubicon and Mojave plastic bumpers are the same part number.

So I'd say the door is wide open for you Mojave guys to jump on any bumper you want.

Vicegrips

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
All I verified was for the plastic bumper.

Rubicon and Mojave plastic bumpers are the same part number.

So I'd say the door is wide open for you Mojave guys to jump on any bumper you want.
Excellent news! And thanks for the legwork involved in looking up the two bumpers. I'm still too green to know all the various Jeep specific databases that are available. Heck, I'm still discovering major online retailers!

Local detailing fellow and I were discussing bumpers. While it's not a big problem in Ohio, he claimed to know Jeep owners now in other states who have had vehicles impounded and very large fines imposed because a bumper wasn't wide enough, or the lift kit resulted in the bumper being too high off the ground. One of these height cases (according to the story) the trooper offered the driver two choices: drop the bumper 3" (deflate tires, compress springs, whatever) and you can drive it away, or it gets towed and impounded for unsafe equipment violation.

I wanted to stick with a full width anyhow. And the Mojave is already slightly lifted in front from the factory. Hmm. Maybe some photos of the stock bumper, me, and a yardstick, just for future reference. The search continues, but there appear to be plenty of good products to consider.

Sponsored

Vicegrips

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Yes, the reservoir is just above the "skid plate". Stock photos show it from the front. Might keep snow from smooshing up in there..

Weigh of the bumper probably isn't make or break for towing. I doubt I'll exceed 5k for the trailer. And we don't have any mountains near me. Some good size hills to my east, but I've driven in Idaho, Washington, Oregon, N. Cali, and I'll probably never tow in those conditions. Still, I don't want to cut the Jeep because the bumper doesn't provide enough clearance for a winch. So, do I really need to pick a winch first? I'd rather have choices. I could see buying a cheap or 2nd hand one till I had some experience. I don't want to have to change bumpers just to go to a different winch.

Vicegrips

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation

HermosaBeachBum

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Grand Cherokee
Looking for the same thing, however I am looking for a bumper with integrated tow attach points for flat towing behind my RV.
What did you find? Options seem to include:

- Rugged Ridge Arcus
- Smittybilt?
- Rock Hard 4x4
- Maximus-3 JL tow loops

I'm in the same position... Right now I have the factory plastic bumper but would like to

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Pacifica Limited; ‘20 Mojave
I went ahead with the base plate option instead of switching the bumper. You don’t even notice it really. I notice it...but my wife hasn’t in the 2 weeks I’ve had it on.
Sponsored